PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR might get interesting

Wheel-Nut
06-07-05, 10:06 AM
It seems Little Jeffy and the hot head some call Smoke got into a little on track altercation.

SPEEDTV (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/17362/)

On Lap 41, with both drivers running for about sixth place, Stewart's right-front nicked Gordon's left-rear, sending Gordon on a spin to the wall, where Ricky Rudd was caught as an innocent victim. That was the end of the day for Gordon and Rudd.

Jeffy says:
"I just think it's a little uncalled for to start something that [early]. I probably would have let him go once we got out there -- it's a long race. All I can say that the next time Tony's holding me up, it won't be very long for him to be out of my way.'

Smoke fires back:
"I got into the back of him," he snorted. "It doesn't take too much of a rocket scientist to figure that out, does it?

"Everybody else was doing a pretty good job of give-and-take. It's just when you get around Jeff, I guess the rules are different with him. He does more taking than he does giving. The intention wasn't to knock him up out of the way. I just wanted to get behind him close enough that he knew I was there.

"I don't know why it is with him and Jimmie [Johnson] and Ryan [Newman], but it's a group of them that think that the roads are named after them -- one-way."

Told of Gordon's veiled threat, Stewart shot back, "That's fine. Jeff's always whining like that. If somebody does something to Jeff, it's always their fault. That's just Jeff Gordon. That's the way he's been ever since he's been down here. So that's fine. We can get into a car crash. It really doesn't matter to me." :rofl:

Spicoli
06-07-05, 10:10 AM
why do you even paste ******** like that.

:yawn:

Get R done. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
06-07-05, 10:12 AM
why do you even paste ******** like that.

:yawn:

Get R done. :gomer:

Because I type too slow! :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
06-07-05, 10:14 AM
Nascar launched a new website!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.wwe.com/

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-05, 10:17 AM
Any point that Stewart might've had went out the window when he said this:

"The best thing that can happen to NASCAR is Mark Martin giving a seminar on give-and-take," Stewart said. "It didn't used to be like this. Now you have got to race them to the death to get by them."

Duh?

Jag_Warrior
06-07-05, 08:33 PM
Stewart tapped the back of Gordon's car, sending him into the wall... and he wonders why Gordon would have a problem with that? Well, nobody said you had to be smart to be a race car driver, I guess. :gomer:

CART T. Katz
06-07-05, 11:19 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/motorsports/2001/daytona500/news/2001/02/13/10q_spencer/t1_spencer_all-01.jpg

Ankf00
06-08-05, 12:14 AM
solution to getting punted by Tony, get more inertia like ol' Jimmy :laugh:

FailureByDesign
06-08-05, 12:29 AM
One would think Jeff Gordon was used to getting slammed in the rear...

Racing Truth
06-08-05, 12:35 PM
Stewart tapped the back of Gordon's car, sending him into the wall... and he wonders why Gordon would have a problem with that? Well, nobody said you had to be smart to be a race car driver, I guess. :gomer:

Indeed. Stewart's complaining about Gordon and Johnson hogging up every bit of the track is hilarious. As if Tony would EVER do such a thing! :gomer: :shakehead

Michaelhatesfans
06-08-05, 12:55 PM
"NASCAR might get interesting"

No it won't.

Bob_S.
06-08-05, 02:47 PM
"NASCAR might get interesting"

No it won't.

But isn't it odd that all of this erupted on the heels of Danicamania? ;)
"Nascar- creating your spoon-fed reality since 1998." :gomer: