PDA

View Full Version : Jos testing with HVM again?

cameraman
06-07-05, 03:01 AM
Off of www.grandprix.com

Former Grand Prix driver Jos Verstappen will be back in the United States this week for another Champ Car test with Keith Wiggins's HVM team, which currently runs Denmark's Ronnie Bremer and Bjorn Wirdheim. It is not immediately obvious why there might be a vacancy at HWM but with Newman Haas racing ostensibly looking for a driver to replace the injured Bruno Junqueira, it is possible that Bremer or Wirdheim might be moving on, although Oriol Servia did a decent job as stand-in for Junqueira at Milwaukee, finishing third.

Bremer or Wirdheim to Newman Haas?

WTF is Haas doing?

pchall
06-07-05, 06:42 AM
Off of www.grandprix.com

Bremer or Wirdheim to Newman Haas?

WTF is Haas doing?

How about Servia staying at N-HR for the rest of the season, Bremer or Wirdheim going off to DCR, and HVM looking for a talent upgrade?

chop456
06-07-05, 06:53 AM
How about Servia staying at N-HR for the rest of the season, Bremer or Wirdheim going off to DCR, and HVM looking for a talent upgrade?

He might be an upgrade over Bremer, but I wouldn't bet a dollar on it.

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-05, 10:19 AM
Bremer is still too inexperienced to tell. I'd take an unknown quantity like him over a career backmarker like Jos.

Spicoli
06-07-05, 11:12 AM
Bremer is still too inexperienced to tell. I'd take an unknown quantity like him over a career backmarker like Jos.

define "backmarker"

The Doctor
06-07-05, 12:56 PM
define "backmarker"

Best finish of 3rd -- twice. In 1994. In the second best car on the grid.
Next best finish? 4th in 2000 at the USGP.
As many points (17) as spins/accidents.

And I even like Jos. He's very talented but doesn't use his head.

Tim
06-07-05, 01:59 PM
He's been arrested for fighting at kart tracks the same number of times as he has F1 podiums. :D

Spicoli
06-07-05, 02:36 PM
He's been arrested for fighting at kart tracks the same number of times as he has F1 podiums. :D

awesome.

Al Czervik
06-07-05, 04:22 PM
define "backmarker"

http://www.f1db.com/f1/page/Eddie_Cheever

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Drivers/Performance.asp?DriverID=69

Dr. Corkski
06-07-05, 04:45 PM
He's been arrested for fighting at kart tracks the same number of times as he has F1 podiums. :DFor fighting a 14 year old and his dad.

NismoZ
06-07-05, 05:05 PM
I hear this is a confused rumor, not true. Old news. (straight from Dutch Land.)

cameraman
06-07-05, 05:46 PM
I hear this is a confused rumor, not true. Old news. (straight from Dutch Land.)

That restores my faith in more than a few people's sanity....

Dr. Corkski
06-07-05, 05:53 PM
I hear this is a confused rumor, not true. Old news. (straight from Dutch Land.)Jos' tussles at kart tracks are legendary. The one from 1998 even made a F1 yearbook. I heard there was another one where he fought spectators at Schumacher's kart center. :laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
06-07-05, 09:19 PM
Rumours are fun :gomer:

The Doctor
06-07-05, 09:48 PM
Jos' tussles at kart tracks are legendary. The one from 1998 even made a F1 yearbook. I heard there was another one where he fought spectators at Schumacher's kart center. :laugh:

After -- that's right -- crashing.

The Dutchman was losing pace during one of the scheduled events and was involved in an accident while being lapped. The incident was thought to be a ‘pay back' for an earlier incident, however this eventually led to a confrontation with angry spectators. Due to the ensuing brawl between fans and the former Arrows driver, race management cancelled Jos' final event of the day.

NismoZ
06-07-05, 10:35 PM
I was referring to the whole Jos to CC story, not his legendary temper. :)

Dr. Corkski
06-07-05, 10:37 PM
I was referring to the whole Jos to CC story, not his legendary temper. :)Yeah, I figured that out long after I made my post. It's seems to have been pulled already. :o

chop456
06-08-05, 02:12 AM
Never forget. :gomer:

http://www.thef1.com/images/tufoto/tufoto_41.jpg