PDA

View Full Version : Once again

Sean O'Gorman
06-04-05, 03:54 PM
Man does the race track ever look stupid with all those tire marks from the drifters. Casual fan tuning in probably thinks that half these guys can't even keep the car under control on the straightaway. :shakehead

theunions
06-04-05, 03:55 PM
Nor was it ever mentioned - to the casual fan or otherwise - where those tire tracks came from.

Not that not mentioning drifting's a bad thing.

Dr. Corkski
06-04-05, 03:59 PM
Daly mentioned it briefly, but I can understand why no one would want to hear anything that comes out of his mouth. :thumdown:

Opposite Lock
06-04-05, 04:02 PM
I figured all those crazy braided rubber lines were from the synchronized sausage scuderia karts. :gomer:

They did mention that the tracks were from the drifters once, early in the broadcast. But they didn't show any actual drifting, that I noticed.

Ankf00
06-04-05, 04:14 PM
drifting is cool :gomer:

Tim
06-04-05, 04:41 PM
Drifting sucks. After watching about 5 minutes of it today I don't get why it's becoming popular.

TorontoWorker
06-04-05, 04:51 PM
With all that smoke - where is GreenPeace? :)

Jag_Warrior
06-04-05, 05:01 PM
Drifting sucks. After watching about 5 minutes of it today I don't get why it's becoming popular.

The same reason sales of loud, street blow-off valves and taped on roof scoops are continuing to rise.

Buy the Green Day CD, American Idiot. I'm not that crazy about their music, but I love the title.

Sean O'Gorman
06-04-05, 05:10 PM
Thank God that drifting is being put off until the end of the day on Friday and Saturday at Cleveland, and not being done at all on race day. Hopefully most people there miss it.

Wally
06-04-05, 05:25 PM
Hey it was a great oval crowd though........ :shakehead

Rogue Leader
06-04-05, 05:43 PM
I cant remember who was being interviewed said at the beginning that grip was a problem because of all the strange rubber all over the track..... ugh drifting

Sean O'Gorman
06-04-05, 06:01 PM
Just wait until the drifters start using Kumho's new tire, the MX-C.

http://www.zukithedog.com/images/dcom1.jpg

:laugh:

Racing Truth
06-04-05, 07:25 PM
Man does the race track ever look stupid with all those tire marks from the drifters. Casual fan tuning in probably thinks that half these guys can't even keep the car under control on the straightaway. :shakehead

I saw that and laughed my arse off thinking about your reaction. :laugh:

Seriously, it looks effin' absurd on an oval. :shakehead

FRANKY
06-04-05, 08:09 PM

A casual fan wouldn't give it a second thought. As long as it doesn't interfere with the racing, I'll file it under "who cares what the track looks like".

racermike
06-04-05, 09:37 PM
Here is a video of a burnout with these tires .....

Kumho red tire smoke (click to view) (http://www.mustangevolution.com/news/kumhotires/KUMHO-redsmoke.wmv)

racermike
06-04-05, 09:38 PM
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/crashnet/images/100303.jpg

nrc
06-05-05, 01:28 AM
I cant remember who was being interviewed said at the beginning that grip was a problem because of all the strange rubber all over the track..... ugh drifting
I think the references to problems with rubber on the track were talking about rubber from the ARCA series.

Michaelhatesfans
06-05-05, 01:42 AM
Man does the race track ever look stupid with all those tire marks from the drifters.
Is that what that was???

Hell, maybe next time we can get them to spell out the sponsor's name or something useful!

pchall
06-05-05, 03:06 AM
Just wait until the drifters start using Kumho's new tire, the MX-C.

http://www.zukithedog.com/images/dcom1.jpg

Is that the natural color of the tire burn or is that drifter using some sort of spray to light it up? Or is that just the Danica Wheldon Signature™ model of Kuhmo's?

Insomniac
06-05-05, 11:11 AM
Is that the natural color of the tire burn or is that drifter using some sort of spray to light it up? Or is that just the Danica Wheldon Signature™ model of Kuhmo's?

racermike poster a link to a video above, the tires look black. But it is the "natural" color of the smoke. No tricks.

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?NewsID=1003

DPM
06-05-05, 05:07 PM
As an ex Champcar tech and driver of an import tuner I was simply blown away by the drifting demo while attending the Long Beach Grand Prix! Young people, old people, men & women, nearly EVERYBODY was so impressed with these DRIFTERS. It was simply TOO MUCH!

All I can say is some people won't allow themselves to OPEN there EYES(& Brains) to NEW ideas!

DPM

Wheel-Nut
06-06-05, 10:27 AM
Those marks were from a drifting exposition! Thanks for clearing that up.

At first I thought Dale Jr. had been demoted to ARCA and as a sign of his "appreciation" he took out the field on the front straight.

Methanolandbrats
06-06-05, 10:40 AM
As an ex Champcar tech and driver of an import tuner I was simply blown away by the drifting demo while attending the Long Beach Grand Prix! Young people, old people, men & women, nearly EVERYBODY was so impressed with these DRIFTERS. It was simply TOO MUCH!

All I can say is some people won't allow themselves to OPEN there EYES(& Brains) to NEW ideas!

DPM Drifting is to motor racing what ice dancing is to hockey.

Bob_S.
06-06-05, 11:34 AM

DPM

As the former rider of a School Bus, I can safely say that School Bus Figure 8 racing will bury Drifting. :gomer:

racer2c
06-06-05, 11:45 AM
Squigly tire marks on the track? What a ridiculous thing to complain about. What's next, the color of the grandstands don't compensate your outfit?
If anything, I would think that a casual observer would have stuck around longer to see how the marks came to be.

JoeBob
06-06-05, 11:52 AM
I wish the rubber on the front stretch was the biggest problem with the race weekend.

How does having drifting differ from having a stunt pilot do his thing over the track? It's just more entertainment during downtime.

NismoZ
06-06-05, 02:07 PM
The guy in the "Z" was WAY better than anyone else (from what I saw). Who was that? :cool: I felt like I had to go out and buy new tires after just hearing/seeing that guy.