PDA

View Full Version : F1.com problems

Turn7
03-06-03, 11:31 AM
I went to look at what the newly launched f1.com website changes and it wouldn't load the flash intro screen.

Anybody else able to see it? I am wondering if it is a firewall problem, traffic problem, or if it just plain doesnt' work.

Thanks

Wheel-Nut
03-06-03, 11:36 AM
It worked for me just fine. I am sitting behind a firewall.

dirtyboy
03-06-03, 01:56 PM
They have live timing too. I hope it works well.

Cam
03-06-03, 02:07 PM
3 different browsers, 2 different OS's and even an upgrade to Flash 6, and the front page still no worky here..... :shakehead You are not alone.

Cam.

Warlock!
03-06-03, 02:09 PM
F1-Live (http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html) is another good site with live timing and scoring... Cant wait to see how this goofy qual thing shakes out...

Winter Warlock!

Turn7
03-06-03, 06:48 PM
Cam,

I went to the SpeedTV.com site shortly after I posted this message and it poped up an upgrade box for my flash software. After it did the upgrade, the f1 site worked for me.

Give it a try.

Cam
03-07-03, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
Cam,

I went to the SpeedTV.com site shortly after I posted this message and it poped up an upgrade box for my flash software. After it did the upgrade, the f1 site worked for me.

Give it a try.

Did the upgrade...... Bowser shows the most recent plugin.... No Go.... Is it any good anyway?

Cam.

Turn7
03-07-03, 11:10 AM
Not really. It reminds me a lot of the old cart quokka website. Way too much flah/java type stuff. Even on a very high speed connection, things aren't very fast to populate due to all of the graphics.

If you are on a dial up, I would imagine that it would be very painful.

Cam
03-07-03, 11:26 AM
One of those things that make you go hhhmmmmm.... It just all of a sudden started to work! :saywhat:

mnkywrch
03-07-03, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Cam
One of those things that make you go hhhmmmmm.... It just all of a sudden started to work! :saywhat:

I'm sure Mosley wants to introduce some strategy into how you get to the site; sometimes you can get to it, sometimes you can't.

I mean, look how well his attempts at "strategy" have worked for F1 as a whole. :mad: :cry: