PDA

View Full Version : Wine tasting

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-05, 10:59 AM
This was certainly an entertaining website to read..

http://www.bumwine.com

http://www.bumwine.com/bumwine/bumvolution.gif

Ankf00
06-03-05, 01:03 PM
pity reply: there is no credible list of bum wine without Boone's Farm

oddlycalm
06-03-05, 01:19 PM
if you're having one of those hankerings for cheap Vodka, Jello and Robitussin Well, there you have it. $10 says the bottles cost more than what's inside.

BTW, fine wines have made the transition to twist top or polyethylene cork in all markets except France, Italy and the US. I recently saw a bottle of New Zealand Pinot Noir selling for $56 with a screw top. Reason is that bad cork is responsible for ruining more than 15% of all the wine bottled with cork, and top quality cork (a tree bark) is getting harder to find. Some wine makers have had huge losses due to a large amount of bottles getting "corked", and the industry is transitioning away from natural cork as a result. The reason that there is a stigma in the US about screwtops is because of Thunderbird, MD 20/20, etc. And yet you say, "so what?" :D

oc

Methanolandbrats
06-03-05, 01:28 PM
So I guess making fun of the mentally ill, the homeless and alcoholics is ok, but tsunamis and the f'n Pope are off limits.............. :D Well, I'm deeply offended by this thread.

eiregosod
06-03-05, 01:58 PM
aghhh, I forget the name of some organic chilean wine that was being discussed on the radio yesterday. only €15 a bottle ,

eiregosod
06-03-05, 02:09 PM
http://www.wineanorak.com/biodynamic6.htm

tllips
06-03-05, 02:51 PM

My recreational hockey team drinks Boone's Farm by the case at our annual summer BBQ.

Crack a bottle, pass it around, chuck into the yard... :)

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-05, 03:55 PM
So I guess making fun of the mentally ill, the homeless and alcoholics is ok, but tsunamis and the f'n Pope are off limits.............. :D Well, I'm deeply offended by this thread.

Its not my fault you fit in two of those three categories. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-03-05, 10:00 PM
Its not my fault you fit in two of those three categories. :D :laugh: Good one you dick :laugh:

RusH
06-04-05, 01:06 AM
I1m on my 4th M/D 2020, id dat cool ot what!!, LOL

oddlycalm
06-04-05, 01:24 PM
there is no credible list of bum wine without Boone's Farm Gotta disagree. BF is soda pop "wine" tarketed at the under age and unsophisticated. Since it's not fortified by the addition of grain alcohol it's only 10% alcohol and not really up to serious alkie standards. Fortified wines are generally 18% and also cost the same or less than BF meaning nearly double the drunk for your panhandling dollars. ;)

On the upside, the sugary room-deodorizer bouquet, surreal color and pancreas-numbing jolt of sugar make it the perfect wine for a fine bologna sandwich dining experience for the under 21 crowd. :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
06-04-05, 02:12 PM
for the record I've never let a drop of that **** touch my lips.

something tells me OGorman was weaned on it though

Paintergeek
06-04-05, 05:41 PM

We used to drink that stuff like crazy as teens. Even then we knew it was crap, but it was cheap and would knock you out in short time. I havent touched a drop in years.

I remember in high school (92 I think), a friend had to work delivering pizzas on new years eve. He showed up to our hotel party really late, and tried to 'catch up' to us on our drinking. He chugged two bottles of BF in about 15 minutes. The last thing I saw was him puking straight in the air while lying flat on his back, and the vomit pooling in his eyes. Hilarious. :rofl:

Ankf00
06-04-05, 05:57 PM
We used to drink that stuff like crazy as teens. Even then we knew it was crap, but it was cheap and would knock you out in short time. I havent touched a drop in years.

I remember in high school (92 I think), a friend had to work delivering pizzas on new years eve. He showed up to our hotel party really late, and tried to 'catch up' to us on our drinking. He chugged two bottles of BF in about 15 minutes. The last thing I saw was him puking straight in the air while lying flat on his back, and the vomit pooling in his eyes. Hilarious. :rofl:

I've had my drunk moments, y'all have been witness to .0000001% of them, but you shall never see me doing that.