06-02-05, 11:05 PM
Portland Activities for Fans:

Friday

Autograph Session 4-5 pm Infield Tent behind Grandstands N and O

Saturday
Fan Forum 12-12:45 Behind Chalet Village

CCIC Dinner 6:30 (Dinner at 7 pm)
Portland GP Dinner for Champ Car Inner Circle members and their guests
Dinner is a Mexican Buffet which includes: Chicken and beef taco bar with all the fixing’s, plus a side salad, rice and beans
$12.00 per person cash or check at the door (Tax & Gratuity included)
The Cascade Grill 10350 N. Vancouver Way, Portland

Please RSVP no later than Wednesday 6/15 /2005
Anaya.Yates@Wonderware.com or Anaya.Yates@Verizon.net
Anaya Yates Western Coordinator CCIC
Janine Emken Local Coordinator CCIC

If you are not an Inner Circle Fan Club member, you can sign up on the Champ Car web site…...it’s Free!

Take advantage of these fan activities…tell your friends…it’s all part of a fun weekend
The dinners this year at the races have been a blast…. We will have guest speakers to tell you “inside stuff” about Champ Car racing. Just sign up to be a member of CCIC and you’re considered a member…and you get to come for a special evening.

Wood-eye and Linda-lou
Ambassadors
Champ Car Inner Circle Fan Club

racermike
06-05-05, 12:50 PM
I dont think I get off the track til around 6pm or so ...

Will stop by to see everyone though!

Mike Lawler
06-06-05, 06:49 PM
My current schedule states 6:20 p.m. for end of day. Most likely I will be assigned to Champ Fan Fare duties that afternoon, so let me know "who's" you want. (And none for Benny)
Mike

wood-eye
06-08-05, 05:34 AM
My current schedule states 6:20 p.m. for end of day. Most likely I will be assigned to Champ Fan Fare duties that afternoon, so let me know "who's" you want. (And none for Benny)
Mike

HUH??????

wood-eye
06-08-05, 05:36 AM
Folks..we have two pace car drivers as speakers as well as a crew chief from team HVM.....sign up for the dinner..from the times stated above it looks like folks can make it...you will have a good time...see you there...milwaukee dinner was a blast,,thu=is one will be even better

Gary
06-08-05, 10:54 PM
(Looks like Just Al is going to do some PR appearances in Portland.)

Speedy Update June 8

Champ Car Open Mechanics Forum at GI Joe’s

Sponsor Update: GI Joe’s

Show Car

Champ Car/Toyota Atlantic Mechanics Crew:

This Saturday at 11am @ the Hayden Island GI Joe’s and 3pm @ the new Johnson Creek GI Joe’s (82nd Ave) will feature an open Mechanics Forum put on by Toyota Atlantic owner John Brooks (Brooks Racing), engineer Peter Jacobs, driver Al Unser III and Team Manager, Vince Cramer from HVM Racing. All interested should head out to one of the GI Joe’s – the forum is free to interested guests.

Sponsor Update: GI Joe’s

This will be GI Joe’s 21st year involved with the GI Joe’s presents Champ Car Grand Prix of Portland. GI Joe’s is a closely held retail chain of 23 full-line sports and auto stores in Oregon and Washington. Known as the store for the Northwest outdoor enthusiasts, GI Joe’s celebrates 53 years in business in 2005 with a new store open in Mt Vernon, WA and a new store at Johnson Creek Crossing in Portland, OR. Growth plans for the future include 3 new stores a year for 3 years.

GI Joe’s will be advertising special features about the race in 8 weekly ad inserts that have been running since late April thru the end of the race. These fun facts and race information will reach more than 1.8 million households each week.

GI Joe’s will also feature its Gasoline Alley out at the race. This will consist of approximately 25 booths and will showcase automotive parts and accessories, Portland racing history and tons of give-aways.

Champ Car Showcar:

Come check out the Champ Car Show Car in the following places the next two weeks:

Wed: 6pm Regal Fox Tower Theater

Thursday: Portland Beavers Game 7pm – see the Champ Car Cuties!

Friday night: Barracuda Club

Saturday: GI Joe’s locations – Hayden Island + Johnson Creek

Sunday: Hillsboro GI Joe’s 12-2pm

Gary
06-08-05, 10:58 PM
Also, the Portland promoter's website says that Mario Andretti will make an appearance for Chevron. Anyone know the time & location?

(link) (http://www.globaleventsgrouppdx.com/champ_car/news.html)

If it's true, we need to talk to the man about returning to the fold.