PDA

View Full Version : "An alarming outbreak"

nrc
06-02-05, 07:21 PM
Now the frightening part: There was an alarming outbreak of back and neck injuries to drivers in IRL cars during May at Indianapolis. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0506020273jun02,1,3508756.column?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Hinton is just making stuff up as he goes along, but this is the story line that could sour Danica-mania. Anyone know when her contract is really up? I thought it was mid-year.

devilmaster
06-02-05, 10:16 PM
At the end of the gomer 500 broadcast (if you wanna call it that) Bobby was asked if she was signed - he said yep, through next year....

Sean O'Gorman
06-02-05, 10:18 PM
I thought he simply said "she's under contract"?

Jervis Tetch 1
06-02-05, 11:05 PM
I would expect RayHole to say nothing less than "we've signed her for next year."

Andrew Longman
06-03-05, 10:59 AM
I thought he simply said "she's under contract"?

Yes that's what he said. And it was repeated by the announcer.

But even if it is up at mid season, what is she going to to? She not going to stop racing or put herself in a bidding war with other teams that already have their seats filled. I'm sure she'll re up with Rahal but maybe at sweeter terms.

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-05, 11:02 AM
One could always hope she'd try to get into Champ Car, but I doubt it.

B3RACER1a
06-03-05, 11:41 AM
An Alarming outbreak just this May? How about for about 10 years? :rolleyes:

Racing Truth
06-03-05, 12:12 PM
He's right on w/ the safety aspect. Everything else is black helicopter material. We've dealt with the Danica-to-NASCAR aspect ad nauseam. But even that's more reasonable than the F1 idea. I might be considered something of a Danica apologist on these here boards, but any idiot knows she's nowhere near good enough, and never will be. :shakehead