PDA

View Full Version : Cedric the Entertainer hooking up with Newman Haas.

Paintergeek
06-02-05, 06:36 PM
Listening to Bob and Tom this morning, and they were having a Danica-praise fest (refering to the 500 as an 'instant' classic and talking about a 7.7 rating etc etc).

Anyway, Right as Im about to change the station, I hjear the words 'Champ Car', and I turn it up.

They were talking about Cedric the Entertainer hooking up with a Champ car team, to which the bob and tom show referred to our cars as 'single seat race cars that focus on high speed ovals' (Ugh).

Anyway, they then play a sound clip, and its cedric talking about meeting paul newman, and teaming up with them to advertise upcoming movies of his for international advertising. (he mentioned the Honeymooners first, but said other movies in the future as well).

I cant find any written stories yet. Anyone else hear this>??

theunions
06-02-05, 07:18 PM
If true...at least he's not hooking up with Bernie Mac to pimp NASCAR-themed movies. :gomer:

Winston Wolfe
06-02-05, 08:12 PM
I saw Cedric on the grid at the LBGP. Naturally, he was hanging with a grid girl up near Seabass' car... My buddy (who'd had a few bevvies) says "Hey, its Bernie Mac !.... Whazzup B-Mac ? " So this nervous looking PR type guy leans over and says "Ahem....that's CEDRIC the Entertainer..." So I yells out "Cedric - mah MAN !" and he looks over at me and cracks that million dollar smile of his and gives me a :thumbup:

I raise my camera and take a photo of him posing with the grid girl... along with several others standing there.... well, since he was wearing a hat, pulled down low, and the light wasnt exactly at the right spot, when I checked my photos when I got home.... all you can see is his the outline of his face, and the nicest set of shiny white teeth..... :D :cool:

He likes the races, though :thumbup:

lone_groover
06-02-05, 08:14 PM
What's not to like?

Free publicity, mainstream coverage, and a crack at the "urban" demographic. You know what the Boss (and Dave Edmunds) said:

"From small things, mama Big things one day come.."

Hope those OWRS marketeers have the wherewithal to grow this little germ.

:thumbup: