PDA

View Full Version : Final Indy 500 Rating

Chitowncartfreak
06-02-05, 12:54 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050602/SPORTS01/506020469/1052

A 7.2 final. Credit for a job well done, but we'll see how long the Danica wave will last.

CHAMPCARS4EVER
06-02-05, 12:58 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050602/SPORTS01/506020469/1052

A 7.2 final. Credit for a job well done, but we'll see how long the Danica wave will last.

That 7.2 is still a prelim number I believe.

extramundane
06-02-05, 01:05 PM

My prediction: Joe Public is flipping channels on Sunday, changes channel to CBS, sees open-wheel race cars, thinks "Hey, thems the cars that cute girl races", watches for a minute, doesn't see/hear Danica's name mentioned, thinks "Guess she ain't racing no more this year" and promptly forgets she ever existed. IRL ratings return to normal sub-1 territory.

Chitowncartfreak
06-02-05, 01:16 PM
That 7.2 is still a prelim number I believe.

Oops - indeed it is. My bad, I read it wrong. That's still up from the original 6.6. The final will be out later today apparently.

eiregosod
06-02-05, 01:53 PM
to go from a 4.1 to a 7+ is something else, thats a 75% increase on the final ratings

Jervis Tetch 1
06-02-05, 11:15 PM
That race used to get double-figure ratings. Let them crow all they want about this one, they still have to it the crow from the nice round figure of 0.0 from Motegi.

Or Montegi as the gomers call it. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-02-05, 11:17 PM
regardless, that's a boatload better than last year...

but we'll see how long it lasts... the kournikova business lasted for years...

Rob
06-02-05, 11:50 PM
I'm not surprised at all. The American viewing public loves to watch shows where people eat sheep's brains, lie down in a tank filled with cockroaches, and otherwise associate with fellow weirdos and random celebrities, so the four-hour reality TV program that ABC called a race broadcast was right up their alley.

Methanolandbrats
06-03-05, 12:11 AM
I'm not surprised at all. The American viewing public loves to watch shows where people eat sheep's brains, lie down in a tank filled with cockroaches, and otherwise associate with fellow weirdos and random celebrities, so the four-hour reality TV program that ABC called a race broadcast was right up their alley. Yup, freak show. FTG will have to put an albino, two headed dwarf in the car next year to top those numbers.

chop456
06-03-05, 01:11 AM
Yup, freak show. FTG will have to put an albino, two headed dwarf in the car next year to top those numbers.

Double the vertebrae, double the fun!

FRANKY
06-03-05, 01:24 AM
25% were right.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7766

cameraman
06-03-05, 01:42 AM
25% were right.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7766

The WGAF crowd was also correct...

theunions
06-03-05, 02:08 AM
I'm not surprised at all. The American viewing public loves to watch shows where people eat sheep's brains, lie down in a tank filled with cockroaches, and otherwise associate with fellow weirdos and random celebrities.

And you wonder why NASCAR is so popular stateside (and remains more popular than IRL overall)... :D

cart7
06-03-05, 04:45 AM
regardless, that's a boatload better than last year...

but we'll see how long it lasts... the kournikova business lasted for years...

She actually had a bod worth drooling over. I'm not sure how much mileage you can get out of the 12 year old in a training bra with no butt.

mapguy
06-03-05, 06:58 AM
She actually had a bod worth drooling over. I'm not sure how much mileage you can get out of the 12 year old in a training bra with no butt.

Word.

Ankf00
06-03-05, 09:29 AM

as if the public has good taste in wimen, look at brittney spears and paris hilton :gomer:

Racing Truth
06-03-05, 12:15 PM
That race used to get double-figure ratings. Let them crow all they want about this one, they still have to it the crow from the nice round figure of 0.0 from Motegi.

Or Montegi as the gomers call it. :gomer:

Fine and dandy, but double-figures was about 15-20 yrs. ago. '92 got a 9.8. '93-95 got around an 8.5-8.7.

Let's face it, she pretty much doubled what the ratings would have been w/o her.

dando
06-05-05, 07:40 PM
FYI, I saw 6.5 as the final rating, up 59% from last year's rating. WGAF. :gomer:

-Kevin

NismoZ
06-05-05, 08:28 PM
Tony

Ankf00
06-05-05, 09:15 PM
FYI, I saw 6.5 as the final rating, up 59% from last year's rating. WGAF. :gomer:

-Kevin

regardless of how we spin it, they still raised their ratings... TG being stupid enough to think he's got something going on now, they were supposed to be the USS Oklahoma (Pearl Harbor reference), turns out they're the HMS Invincible :mad:

dando
06-05-05, 09:44 PM
regardless of how we spin it, they still raised their ratings... TG being stupid enough to think he's got something going on now, they were supposed to be the USS Oklahoma (Pearl Harbor reference), turns out they're the HMS Invincible :mad:

But they could end up like the Bismarck. :gomer:

The good press will carry over to TMS, but we'll see after that. The local fish wrap did another piece on her this weekend, claiming ~100K for TMS. I wonder how many red hats will be in the stands. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-05-05, 09:58 PM
But they could end up like the Bismarck. :gomer:

The good press will carry over to TMS, but we'll see after that. The local fish wrap did another piece on her this weekend, claiming ~100K for TMS. I wonder how many red hats will be in the stands. :gomer:

-Kevin

you have no idea how hard i had to bite my tongue when my former director at NASA was telling me "the irl has really come around" while extolling the virtues of fort worthless last may :mad:

Spicoli
06-05-05, 10:36 PM
you have no idea how hard i had to bite my tongue when my former director at NASA was telling me "the irl has really come around" while extolling the virtues of fort worthless last may :mad:

Knock knock

Who's there?

people who could give a ****.

Ziggy
06-05-05, 11:14 PM
There is only a few days till Texas. We shall she just how much momentum the Twirl can sustain down in the Lone Star State.

A race bigger than Danica perhaps??????????

:thumdown:

Jag_Warrior
06-06-05, 12:34 PM

One of our companies had a block of freebies too. Since (to most) all open wheel cars are created equal, everyone expected me to be knocking people out of the way to get a ticket. People are funny to watch, when you don't do what they expect you to do.

Isn't the IRL race in trouble at TMS? Didn't I read that the hook was coming out to snatch that race?

G.
06-06-05, 01:31 PM
At The Mile Saturday, some gomer, self-proclaimed NASCAR fan showed up about halfway through the race (hey, I at least made it there before the green flag) set up his grill and asked me if the girl was racin' today. :shakehead