PDA

View Full Version : The lesson of Britney Spears

Mike Kellner
06-01-05, 04:54 PM
Back when she burst on the scene with "Oh Baby Baby", or whatever that dippy song with the basketball was titled, did the record company execs sit around crying into their coke mirrors? No way, they faced the Britney challenge head on, and immediately gave album deals to their own singin' cheerleaders. Within months, we had Jessica, Christina, and Mandy.

ChampCar has to do the same thing. There have to be girl racers out there who would look good, given a $300 haircut, and a wardrobe makeover. CCWS has to find one, tart her up a bit, and get her into a racecar.

This ain't rocket science. It is a competition. The game is how it is, not how you wish it was.

mk

Spicoli
06-01-05, 04:58 PM
Sorry, this is racing, not hollywood.

stay the high road, don;t be a Danicle-er.

Sean O'Gorman
06-01-05, 05:01 PM
And then they can have her grab headlines by contending for the win in a high profile Champ Car race!

Oh wait, there are no high profile Champ Car races. Oh well.

ChampCar#3
06-01-05, 05:33 PM
Does the name Anna Kournakouva ring a bell?
How about.....Jan Stephenson?
...................Manon Rheume?
...................Laura Baugh?

Katherine Legge will get there when she deserves to be there !
Lets not turn this into a circus!

RacinM3
06-01-05, 05:34 PM
Why not just fire all the drivers, and hire all-women drivers. Then have them race. Topless.

Turn7
06-01-05, 05:37 PM
Don't even buy cars.

Nekkid chariot races for wimminz. :rolleyes: :thumdown:

Easy
06-01-05, 06:05 PM
No one outside of here, TF and champcarfantasies gave a **** about Danica before the 500 and they will now forget about her until next May. Legge or any other woman running mid-pack at Ansan will not cause a stir in the hardcore fan base let alone the mainstream.

Dr. Corkski
06-01-05, 06:44 PM
No one outside of here, TF and champcarfantasies gave a **** about Danica before the 500 and they will now forget about her until next May. Legge or any other woman running mid-pack at Ansan will not cause a stir in the hardcore fan base let alone the mainstream.:thumbup:

champcarfantasies :rofl:

Racing Truth
06-01-05, 08:29 PM
Let's see. Decry the "Danicle" thing. Fair enough.

Then suggest that Champ Car get a bunch of hot chicks to drive.

And they say this split has caused idiocy on both sides. :gomer:

Racing Truth
06-01-05, 08:29 PM
BTW: champcarfantasies might be the funniest thing ever. :laugh: :thumbup:

cart7
06-01-05, 09:00 PM
At least Legge has WON a race. :cool:

Take her to glamour shots, maybe an expose at Hustler and then unveil her at the San Jose race in the first cheesecloth, nomex firesuit. This means war! :mad: :p :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
06-01-05, 09:05 PM
Take her to glamour shots, maybe an expose at Hustler and then unveil her at the San Jose race in the first cheesecloth, nomex firesuit. This means war! :mad: :p :gomer:That would never work. Everyone's hot for Bob Siska here. :gomer:

cart7
06-01-05, 09:58 PM
That would never work. Everyone's hot for Bob Siska here. :gomer:
:laugh:

JT265
06-02-05, 08:48 AM
That would never work. Everyone's hot for Bob Siska here. :gomer:

Everyone can't be on the Jensen bandwagon, can they? :gomer:

G.
06-02-05, 11:04 AM
Why not just fire all the drivers, and hire all-women drivers. Then have them race. Topless.Works for the Pace cars. 'Cept the topless part. :thumdown:

FTG
06-02-05, 12:17 PM
In open wheel, I bet the wind would lift their boobs up. If they were too big, they'd block vision. Boobs and crashes; I think a TV deal with Fox would be inevitable.

Rus'L
06-02-05, 05:09 PM
Does the name Anna Kournakouva ring a bell?
How about.....Jan Stephenson?
...................Manon Rheume?
...................Laura Baugh?

Katherine Legge will get there when she deserves to be there !
Lets not turn this into a circus!

I also thought of the Jan Stephenson example earlier this week! Of course, we're both showing our age by knowing that. :D

I forgot all about Manon Rheume, and hockey is the sport I follow the most after racing.

And though Laura Baugh rings a bell, I hate to admit I'm not placing her.

Ankf00
06-02-05, 07:20 PM
Take her to glamour shots, maybe an expose at Hustler and then unveil her at the San Jose race in the first cheesecloth, nomex firesuit. This means war! :mad: :p :gomer:

ain't none o'that fixin nuttin...

cameraman
06-02-05, 07:31 PM
And though Laura Baugh rings a bell, I hate to admit I'm not placing her.

Pasture pool

RacinM3
06-03-05, 03:16 PM
Works for the Pace cars. 'Cept the topless part.

LOL...sarcasm and the Internet rarely show well together!