PDA

View Full Version : Oriol in for Bruno

KLang
06-01-05, 04:49 PM
Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9058)

Oriol Servia has been named to replace the injured Bruno Junqueira in the No. 2 PacifiCare entry for Newman/Haas Racing at this weekend's Time Warner Cable Road Runner 225 at the legendary Milwaukee Mile.

It reads like it is only for this weekend. I hope Coyne is charging Haas a bundle.

cameraman
06-01-05, 04:50 PM
So who is running for Coyne?

They still need an 18th car

Dr. Corkski
06-01-05, 05:02 PM
Good choice. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
06-01-05, 05:54 PM
Cookie Boy!! :D

Turn7
06-01-05, 06:01 PM
So who is running for Coyne?

Check ebay...the auction doesn't end until tomorrow evening. :p

lone_groover
06-01-05, 06:04 PM
Bruno's my favorite ChampCar star. My opinion: GOOD CHOICE!

:thumbup:

Paintergeek
06-01-05, 06:28 PM
I was going to suggest Servia in the other thread, but figured he was contracted! Good deal, But as was said.....we need the coyne car filled. Perhaps Del Monte. That would be a peach.

GOFAST1
06-01-05, 07:11 PM
Good choice. :thumbup:

AGREE!

Racing Truth
06-01-05, 07:42 PM
Good choice, I agree. Oriol can definitely contend in that car.

:cool:

indyfan31
06-01-05, 08:00 PM
I was going to suggest Servia in the other thread, but figured he was contracted! Good deal, But as was said.....we need the coyne car filled. Perhaps Del Monte. That would be a peach.

Don't you start that again!

lone_groover
06-01-05, 08:17 PM
Don't you start that again!

Gotta admit though, it WAS a very canny observation.

:)

pfc_m_drake
06-01-05, 09:57 PM
Servia's done a fantastic job with the Coyne team. Hopefully this chance pans out well for him!

Ankf00
06-01-05, 10:47 PM
and the grid talent just went up a notch :gomer:

*ducks from incoming fire from manic*

NismoZ
06-01-05, 11:23 PM
So, why is Coyne so upset, then? Are all his guys on a race-to-race basis? Gentilozzi offered RHR, but Servia was TAKEN from Coyne? I'm :confused:

Badger
06-01-05, 11:54 PM
Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9058)

It reads like it is only for this weekend. I hope Coyne is charging Haas a bundle.
:flame: What the hell, they couldn't get Christian so they figured they would pick up the driver most like him? Cookie boy is overated and his main claim to fame is punting Tracy.

Ankf00
06-01-05, 11:59 PM
:flame: What the hell, they couldn't get Christian so they figured they would pick up the driver most like him? Cookie boy is overated and his main claim to fame is punting Tracy.

sounds like fame to me :D

Dr. Corkski
06-02-05, 12:00 AM
:flame: What the hell, they couldn't get Christian so they figured they would pick up the driver most like him? Cookie boy is overated and his main claim to fame is punting Tracy.That can only make him more attractive to N/H. :D

Jervis Tetch 1
06-02-05, 12:10 AM
He's a better choice than Buddy Lazier.

NismoZ
06-02-05, 08:42 AM
"punting tracy"?...Yeah, defense wins games. (Tracy never punted anyone :p )

KLang
06-02-05, 09:20 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. It is a great opportunity for Oriol to show what he has with a top team. On the other hand Coyne is getting screwed. If anyone should be scrambling to line up an oval qualified driver at the last minute it should be Haas. Haas screwed up and put his team in this position by racing in a different series but Coyne is left without a driver? :shakehead

I don't agree with KK on this one. :thumdown:

Hard Driver
06-02-05, 09:32 AM
Doesn't sound right to me. Is Coyne pissed? or is he happy with the $$. He should have some compensation. Or is KK pulling in the favors he is owed.

Andrew Longman
06-02-05, 10:40 AM
I imagine Coyne is getting coin from NH for Servia's services. They didn't have to turn him over. And for that coin they can improve there operation.

There's more than a few who can step into the Coyne seat and compete without putting it into the wall.

skaven
06-02-05, 12:41 PM
Sweet. Someone should let 'milwaukee-oriol-fan" know. :)

I don't know what happened to that kid, but he should be excited.

Gnam
06-02-05, 01:01 PM
I believe N/H used the last two podiums at Milwaukee as a guide to make their decision:

Patreek: 2 podiums (2nd 2004, 3rd 2003)....said no
Jourdain: 2 podiums (3rd 2004, 1st 2003)....said no
RHR: 1 podium (1st 2004)....not for just one race
Servia: 1 podium (2nd 2003)....bingo

Not a bad game plan if you want to win.

NismoZ
06-02-05, 02:35 PM
Oh, Haas wants to win alright, that's why I'm certain this is for Milwaukee only. He's trolling F-1 right now, tester, perhaps?

theunions
06-02-05, 02:35 PM
The sole quotes I've seen don't seem to indicate Dale is very happy about this.

TedN
06-02-05, 03:13 PM
Looks like Anthony Davidson turned down the ride. Link (http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33026)

Ted

cameraman
06-02-05, 03:23 PM

Saw where?

Ed_Severson
06-02-05, 03:40 PM

There's an article at motorsport.com that says Servia was not under contract with Coyne.

If that's true, Coyne can piss and moan all he wants, but at the end of the day he needs to ask himself what sort of idiot lets someone drive his race car without a contract.

cameraman
06-02-05, 03:45 PM
There's an article at motorsport.com that says Servia was not under contract with Coyne.

If that's true, Coyne can piss and moan all he wants, but at the end of the day he needs to ask himself what sort of idiot lets someone drive his race car without a contract.

Maybe.

Exactly where are the funds for Oriol's paycheck coming from anyway???

tllips
06-02-05, 03:46 PM

Maybe an idiot who isn't paying that drivers salary?

theunions
06-02-05, 04:41 PM
Saw where?

AR1...it was a direct quote

JohnnyQ
06-02-05, 09:03 PM
Servia isn't a blip on the radar. Then again....either is Bruno. Where's Guido Dacco when you need him?

CARTNUT
06-02-05, 10:19 PM
Why don't they put Danicle in the car and see how good she really is!?

Jervis Tetch 1
06-02-05, 11:02 PM
Who gives a ***** about Coyne? Good for Oriol. Let Dale piss and moan like Ed said. Someone with cash will fill in for him and he can take his cut and get back to trying to compete.

Racing Truth
06-03-05, 12:37 PM

IFFFF that's true, he (Coyne) is a farkin idiot. :shakehead

NismoZ
06-03-05, 03:16 PM
Guys, I think many of us might be shocked to find out how many drivers are "driving" for Kevin Kalkhoven, (& amigos). It'd make your complaints about "Team Vision" look a little pale. I think KK was hoping the RHR to N/H deal would work because Rocketsports was figured to be in a better position to get a replacement than Coyne. Looks like he was right...again.

nrc
06-03-05, 04:05 PM
Guys, I think many of us might be shocked to find out how many drivers are "driving" for Kevin Kalkhoven, (& amigos). It'd make your complaints about "Team Vision" look a little pale. Not sure what that has to do with this thread, but the complaint about "Team Vision" is that that Team owners running the series was one of Tony's complaints about CART. The objection is to his hypocracy, not to him running a car or hiring drivers.

Dr. Corkski
06-03-05, 04:08 PM
Guys, I think many of us might be shocked to find out how many drivers are "driving" for Kevin Kalkhoven, (& amigos). It'd make your complaints about "Team Vision" look a little pale. I think KK was hoping the RHR to N/H deal would work because Rocketsports was figured to be in a better position to get a replacement than Coyne. Looks like he was right...again.There is a difference between starting a half-assed team to keep your step-son in the series, than signing decent drivers based on merit to keep them racing for your series.