PDA

View Full Version : Texas Bug Hunter, Darwin nominee.

Turn7
06-01-05, 11:43 AM
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3206724

A 5-year-old Pasadena boy was injured while sleeping in his bedroom today when a bullet fired by a neighbor to break up a wasp's nest strayed and struck the boy.

Pasadena police spokesman Sgt. J.M. Baird said Romeo Gonzalez, 18, was in his second-floor apartment at 3637 Shaver shortly after midnight when he decided to shoot at a wasp's nest hanging from a nearby tree.

Romeo loaded a 12-gauge shotgun and fired at the wasp's nest. The shotgun pellet Gonzalez fired entered a first-floor bedroom where David Marban was sleeping, striking him in the thigh, Baird said.

The boy's in the hospital but is reportedly doing well.

Gonzalez is charged with deadly conduct and is being held in the Harris County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond, Baird said.

nrc
06-01-05, 11:51 AM
"There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito."

Don't Darwin nominees have to eliminate themselve from the gene pool?

devilmaster
06-01-05, 11:54 AM

Yep. In fact, remember the story a while back about the Wales rugby fan who said that if Wales beat England, he would cut off his testicles? And Wales did, so he did?

A friend of mine actually submitted the article to darwin, with the explanation that, yes, he technically did remove himself from the gene pool. Darwin ruled that it was unacceptable. Deaths only, apparently.

Turn7
06-01-05, 12:06 PM

Ok, maybe not a nominee but, how about a recruit in training? :thumbup:

indyfan31
06-01-05, 03:18 PM
I was under the impression that they gave out Honorable Mention awards if you tried real hard but failed to kill yourself. I'd say cutting off your 'nads would qualify.

Wheel-Nut
06-01-05, 03:34 PM

I'd say its just a matter of time for this guy.

oddlycalm
06-01-05, 04:46 PM

Don't Darwin nominees have to eliminate themselve from the gene pool? He's still got a shot if the kid's family sees an opening to get their hands on him.

oc