PDA

View Full Version : McNutty Weighs In

nrc
06-01-05, 01:02 AM
Yet another Danica Thread.

McNutty weighs in:
Patrick is the real deal, and it's just a matter of when, not if, she'll become the first woman to win the Indianapolis 500.http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Motorsports/2005/05/31/1064432-sun.html

What a moron. Even though I think Danica has talent and potential, it's pure idiocy to talk about winning any 500 mile race as a sure thing. Even with Tony George willing to do his very best to help out there are just too many variables in 500 miles for anyone to say "it's just a matter of when, not if".

Ziggy
06-01-05, 01:33 AM
She's better than Ted Horn, Ralph Hepburn, Tony Bettenhausen, Johnny Thompson, Eddie Sachs, Gary Bettenhausen, Mike Mosley and Paul Tracy already......

Riverside
06-01-05, 02:14 AM
Didn't bother reading the article, I found the Sunshine girl section more interesting. :eek:

Amanda B.'s Mom
06-01-05, 02:26 AM
Paul Tracy? No way! Tony B? Jr., yes, Sr., No!

she is a rookie. Wait and see what developes as she matures as a driver.

Ziggy
06-01-05, 02:31 AM
Well, right now Jim Guthrie is ahead of her in Earl wins, and Steve Knapp finished higher. He even mowed down a pit crew and didnt make it to Sports Illustrated

nrc
06-01-05, 02:43 AM
Well, right now Jim Guthrie is ahead of her in Earl wins, and Steve Knapp finished higher. He even mowed down a pit crew and didnt make it to Sports IllustratedThat's because they didn't have the foresight to get a lopitoffomy before their big race.

theunions
06-01-05, 03:05 AM
and Steve Knapp finished higher. He even mowed down a pit crew and didnt make it to Sports Illustrated

:confused:

The only IRL driver I recall who ever mowed down crew (plural) vs. a single crew member (i.e., Hornish, Renna, Kite...don't recall Knapp at all) was Nic Jonsson at TMS.

Spicoli
06-01-05, 07:36 AM
:confused:

The only IRL driver I recall who ever mowed down crew (plural) vs. a single crew member (i.e., Hornish, Renna, Kite...don't recall Knapp at all) was Nic Jonsson at TMS.

like they publish stuff like that.

Ziggy KNOWS. :cool:

TedN
06-01-05, 08:35 AM
I found this analysis (http://www.deepthrottle.com/Essays/mistake_filled.shtml) more balanced, as usual.

Ted

ChampCar#3
06-01-05, 09:21 AM
I'm thrilled to announce that Danica Patrick and myself have the same amount of Indy 500 wins!
Patrick Ewing and myself have the same amount of NBA Championships
I'm also tied for the NHL scoring lead this year!

oddlycalm
06-01-05, 11:43 AM
I found this analysis (http://www.deepthrottle.com/Essays/mistake_filled.shtml) more balanced, as usual. Indeed.

The thing is, all this hype can hurt Danica. There is a show on Fox Sports called "The Sports List." One of the lists are the greatest busts in sports. Though, most on the list are athletes who never did anything, some are athletes who had a decent career. However, they were so hyped up that they were still considered a bust. This can happen to Danica. Exactly what I've been saying. This kind of hype is a career killer, because nobody can possiblly live up to the hype and when the bloom is off the rose and the pack of barking idiots from the press move on to the next feeding frenzy, DP is left with mid-pack skills in a dying series with a lot of folks in the racing community that were once supportive of her now resenting her. Of course that's if she doesn't end up in traction or worse. :shakehead

oc