PDA

View Full Version : I'm alone, sitting with my empty glass.

Paintergeek
05-31-05, 06:51 PM
my four walls follow me through my past. I was on a Paris train, I emerged in London rain and you were waiting there swimming through apologies.

I remember searching for the perfect words,I was hoping you might change your mind. I remember a soldier sleeping next to me riding on the Metro.

You wore white smiling as you took my hand. so removed we spoke of wintertime in France. minutes passed with shallow words,years have passed and still the hurt I can see you now, smiling as I pulled away.

I remember the letter wrinkled in my hand. "I'll love you always" filled my eyes.
I remember a night we walked along the Seine, riding on the Metro.
I remember a feeling coming over me, the soldier turned, then looked away.
I remember hating you for loving me . riding on the Metro

I'm alone sitting with my BROKEN glass. my four walls follow me through my past.I was on a Paris train,I emerged in London rain and you were waiting there swimming through apologies(sorry).

I remember searching for the perfect words.I was hoping you might change your mind . I remember a soldier sleeping next to me,riding on the Metro.

lone_groover
05-31-05, 07:37 PM
I love the filter-swept Prophet 5 lead on that song. Classic!

:thumbup:

racer2c
05-31-05, 08:12 PM
I was a closet Berlin fan. It was hard turning my Iron Maiden t-shirt wearing friends on to them. So I didn't.

Great song.

FCYTravis
05-31-05, 08:12 PM
I remember HATING YOU for LOVING ME... RIIIIIDING ON THE METRO...

:thumbup:

Fantastic song.

Paintergeek
05-31-05, 09:11 PM
Just thought Id see what response it got. I love that song as much today as I did back then. I think if you took the 80's vibe out of it, It cold be a hit in any generation.

Teri Nunn is as hot today as she was then, and was outstanding during the VH1 'Bands Reunited'.

System of a Down did a cover of it for the Dracula sountrack. It totally rocks, but loses all of the flavor of the original.

I too was an Iron maiden-shirt wearer, But I didnt really like Berlin overall...especially when they started doing non-band written songs like 'take my breath away'. It Catapulted them into major fame, but with a sound that wasnt theirs.

By the way, Dig this. How coincidental. I found a (not very flattering) picture of Teri at, of all places:

http://djshawnparr.com/ca_speedway1.html

This gives me an idea for a new thread too...........

theunions
05-31-05, 09:45 PM
By the way, Dig this. How coincidental. I found a (not very flattering) picture of Teri at, of all places:

Then you probably don't want to see my own photo from that race... :eek:

Paintergeek
05-31-05, 10:18 PM
Then you probably don't want to see my own photo from that race... :eek:

I verymuch would, if its of Teri. Just the pic I llnked too wasnt very good. Is your worse?

theunions
05-31-05, 10:51 PM
AAAAARGH...sorry, I THOUGHT I did have a photo. I distinctly remember trying to shoot one (digitally) when she was standing right in front of me pre-race and it coming out too blurry, but I thought I managed to get a subsequent (less well-posed) one...apparently not. :(

By "not very flattering" I thought you meant Terri's appearance that day, not the photo... :gomer:

Anteater
05-31-05, 11:09 PM

I like Berlin, but I will never forget how Teri Nunn mangled the National Anthem that day! :eek: And after she'd given such a terrific concert the night before. What a disappointment!

Fitti Fan
06-01-05, 10:49 AM
I like Berlin, but I will never forget how Teri Nunn mangled the National Anthem that day! :eek:

It was not pretty.