PDA

View Full Version : Well, he didn't take it to his grave

Napoleon
05-31-05, 04:45 PM
Deep Throat that is, of Watergate/ Woodward and Bernstein fame. It was the number 2 guy at the FBI during the Nixon administration who leaked to the Washington Post.

http://www.vanityfair.com/pdf/pressroom/advance1.pdf

Think of how much this guy may have made if he tried to cash in on what he had done.

coolhand
05-31-05, 04:59 PM
So, now he admits he broke the law and brought down a president, and basically pissed on the nation.

What a bum, Perfect for Santa Rosa :thumdown: :thumdown:

KaBoom21
05-31-05, 05:12 PM
Community (6 viewing)
General Discussion -- Other sports, entertainment, work, life... just no politics, please.

Spicoli
05-31-05, 05:39 PM
Nixon was a liar and a crook and a disgrace. the perfect President! :D

devilmaster
05-31-05, 05:42 PM
The Washington Post (where reporter woodward worked and broke the watergate story) have confirmed with Woodward that Felt is 'Deep Throat'

JohnHKart
05-31-05, 05:48 PM
Community (6 viewing)
General Discussion -- Other sports, entertainment, work, life... just no politics, please.

Actually this is more like news......thanks for posting who is deep throat...I just got up and I haven't seen the news yet. Wow!!! This is huge. I think that class then that had that project a couple of years ago identifying DT was wrong.

John

Napoleon
05-31-05, 06:09 PM
Actually this is more like news......thanks for posting who is deep throat...I just got up and I haven't seen the news yet. Wow!!! This is huge. I think that class then that had that project a couple of years ago identifying DT was wrong.

John

I think they thought it was Pat Buchanen. Poppy Bush was also on the short list.

I guess I just view this as history, not politics. It was so long ago, and anyways just the fact it was a secret all these years when nothing seems to be able to stay secret is something.

Here is the Post confirmation that Felt is the guy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/article/deepthroat31.html

devilmaster
05-31-05, 06:40 PM
I think they thought it was Pat Buchanen. Poppy Bush was also on the short list.

I guess I just view this as history, not politics. It was so long ago, and anyways just the fact it was a secret all these years when nothing seems to be able to stay secret is something.

Here is the Post confirmation that Felt is the guy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/article/deepthroat31.html

The article also says that woodward will be writing his own article about the whole affair for the Thursday Washington Post.

KaBoom21
05-31-05, 07:39 PM
Actually this is more like news......John
I posted that to avoid having the thread turn into a political pissing contest.

FCYTravis
05-31-05, 08:07 PM
A brave man who risked his career to expose one of the most corrupt and dangerous presidents in history.

Thanks, Mr. Felt, for your service to America. You prevented Constitutional disaster.

dando
05-31-05, 08:41 PM
IMHO, this was clearly a turning point in history for the media as we know it. Much like Flood vs. MLB was for sports. For better or for worse....

-Kevin

coolhand
05-31-05, 09:41 PM
IMHO, this was clearly a turning point in history for the media as we know it. Much like Flood vs. MLB was for sports. For better or for worse....

Hense th timming of the release. The traditional mainstream media is hurting with the growing power of the web. they cannot get away with what they are used too ala the current Newsweek scandle.

the Media always brings up Watergate when they are in trouble so they can talk about how great they are. Thats what they are doing now to cover up recent set backs to their status.

they said he would take it to his grave but he is too full of himself to not see the reaction of him revieling himself. noone could resist.

Ankf00
05-31-05, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes:

go find a politics forum to vent your sheep-minded spiel

The Doctor
05-31-05, 10:13 PM
Hense th timming of the release. The traditional mainstream media is hurting with the growing power of the web....

Clearly indicated by the piece being written by an attorney and initially released on the internet.

:p

coolhand
05-31-05, 10:27 PM
:rolleyes:

go find a politics forum to vent your sheep-minded spiel

This is comming from a Black man with "The Forty Acres" listed as as his location :rolleyes:

i have no problem with it, just dont go yelling at others for pseudo political statments.

lone_groover
05-31-05, 10:38 PM
Oh dear!

Time for another green tea with lemon....

:shakehead

nrc
05-31-05, 11:18 PM
I can't take you kids anywhere.