PDA

View Full Version : Swami Mike's News From the Future

Mike Kellner
05-31-05, 02:29 PM
In my new capacity as Forum Clairvoyant, I have a vision to pass on to the faithful....

This year in F1, they allow teams to run a third car & driver in Friday practice. I fortell that at the USGP, GomerGirl will get laps in a Honda, and will run faster than the two team drivers, on Friday that is.

mk

The IRL: Breaking our backs to make Tony feel important.

coolhand
05-31-05, 02:30 PM
she will run a light setup and the real drivers will be running a race set up or something.

i say go ahead, i want to see her in a series where she will flop

pchall
05-31-05, 02:45 PM
she will run a light setup and the real drivers will be running a race set up or something.

i say go ahead, i want to see her in a series where she will flop

You haven't been following St. D, right? She's on a "0-for-career" that is approaching M. Waltrip proportions.

Ed_Severson
05-31-05, 02:47 PM
BAR isn't eligible to run a Friday car.

racer2c
05-31-05, 03:07 PM
Awesome! Danickle to F1 rumores start already! I hope Marksi runs with it. One way to really piss off Tony is to have all the talk surrounding Danickle, revolve around F1 rumors! HA!!

Very cool Mike. :thumbup:

I think she would be a great fit at Sauber with Massa when Peter finally shows JV the door. Although, I'm sure Honda will not drop it's claws off of that POA for anything. Button heads off to Williams, Danickle to BAR. I think I heard that. :)

cameraman
05-31-05, 03:15 PM
Have you read this rather strange piece (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14925.html) on Grandprix,com? This Danica voodoo is powerful stuff.

trauma1
05-31-05, 03:17 PM
spyplane is already running that she'll test for Minardi :rofl:

Mike Kellner
05-31-05, 03:20 PM
Oh, that's rich.

Seriously, I was thinking, these days the Hapless IRL is really just a rung in the NASCAR ladder. How long before she moves up to NASCAR where she can make some serious fan junk money?

mk

cameraman
05-31-05, 03:25 PM
spyplane is already running that she'll test for Minardi :rofl:

Minardi? I didn't realize that the fourth place purse was $8,000,000....
:rolleyes:

Dr. Corkski
05-31-05, 03:50 PM
spyplane is already running that she'll test for Minardi :rofl:She couldn't do any worse than their current "test driver".

devilmaster
05-31-05, 03:50 PM
You want to start a rumour? Hows about this?

With the defection of manufacturers from the 1rl, Bobby Rahal gets major money (cause thats all he really wants), and moves Team Rahal to NASCAR.

Like Tony Stewart, the biggest name irl driver will move up on the ladder to the top rung of american motorsports....

trauma1
05-31-05, 04:05 PM
She couldn't do any worse than their current "test driver".
true

cameraman
05-31-05, 04:06 PM
She couldn't do any worse than their current "test driver".

Has anyone ever seen Nissany in the car?
I don't remember them ever running a Friday tester.

Dr. Corkski
05-31-05, 04:52 PM
Has anyone ever seen Nissany in the car?
I don't remember them ever running a Friday tester.No, the other drivers would personally kill Paul Stoddart before that happens.

He did run in a test around the time the new PS05 came out. Spun in 5 out of 6 laps, then took out Albers.

L1P1
05-31-05, 07:09 PM

With the defection of manufacturers from the 1rl, Bobby Rahal gets major money (cause thats all he really wants), and moves Team Rahal to NASCAR.

Like Tony Stewart, the biggest name irl driver will move up on the ladder to the top rung of american motorsports....

Good point. I had been focusing on ChampCar/IndyCar, but the Frances are probably taking an inventory of their vaults of wealth trying to figure out just how big an offer they can/would make.

Perhaps that's why TG moved the start time so NASCAR drivers couldn't play.

Racing Truth
05-31-05, 07:11 PM

Even if she was "all that" right now, her background is not suited for NASCAR. I just don't see it happening.

Sean O'Gorman
05-31-05, 07:23 PM
Danica, like most Champ Car and IRL drivers, wouldn't stand a chance in NASCAR.

Racing Truth
05-31-05, 07:28 PM

Thank you. That's exactly right.

L1P1
05-31-05, 07:37 PM

I dunno, not if a France says "Gentleman, you will open some doors for this young lady."

Mike Kellner
05-31-05, 07:39 PM
Anyone they want to succeed, will.

mk

nrc
05-31-05, 07:40 PM
Even if she was "all that" right now, her background is not suited for NASCAR. I just don't see it happening.Danica's interest has always been Formula 1. She's likely to stick with Honda until she gets the courtesy test and realizes that nobody's actually paying attention. Welcome Danica, the table for disillusioned EffOneabees is over there with Franchitti, Helio, Dixon and Kanaan. It's pretty full so you'll have to pull up a chair.

Racing Truth
05-31-05, 07:42 PM
I dunno, not if a France says "Gentleman, you will open some doors for this young lady."

At which point, they'll find that she, like 90% of Champ Car/IRL drivers, would be way in over her head.

They might give her a test, but that's it.

Dr. Corkski
05-31-05, 07:48 PM
At which point, they'll find that she, like 90% of Champ Car/IRL drivers, would be way in over her head.

They might give her a test, but that's it.And end up with a D. Patrick Futility Thread. :gomer:

coolhand
05-31-05, 08:05 PM
...Franchitti, Helio, Dixon and Kanaan. It's pretty full so you'll have to pull up a chair.

yep, she can tlak to them about how there caeers went when they came to the IRL :gomer:

racer2c
05-31-05, 08:09 PM

They might give her a test, but that's it.

yeah, cuz NASCAR is paramount. :gomer:

Racing Truth
06-01-05, 11:38 AM
yeah, cuz NASCAR is paramount. :gomer:

No. Now, I'm gonna go slow here so that this is understood. :gomer:

See, modern-day formula car drivers have a certain training. This includes karting, road racing, and a significant amount of experience with rear-engine, winged machines.

NASCAR drivers, by-and-large, have a different experience. This might include dirt, midgets, sprints, even off-road.

Both backgrounds are perfectly suited for the eventual destination. Just the same, an RE formula car background is not going to prepare you very well for NASCAR, and vice versa.