PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we saw the end result with Kimi's tire going poof?

Jervis Tetch 1
05-30-05, 03:07 PM
I mean, do you think the European GP will be the race that decides the world title for Fernando?

This win made his lead 30+ points.

With his Renault finishing out everything and Kimi's McLaren breaking every so often, I can't see him catching Alonso even if he wins more races.

devilmaster
05-30-05, 03:12 PM
Not sure, but I hope I saw the end of that stupid one tire rule.

From the slo-mo replay, I would submit it wasn't his tire that blew, but because of the vibration, the suspension buckled....

Funny thing was, right after I said that, JT265's lover, Vic Rauter said the same thing on the Canadian broadcast. ;)

oddlycalm
05-31-05, 11:35 AM
Agreed, it was definately the front wishbone that went poof when he hit the brakes and the weight suddenly transferred forward and loaded the front suspension. One of the more impressive camera shots in recent memory.

The one set of tires/weekend rule is rubbish. There are ways to accomplish the same thing without causing dangerous situations to occur. I'd be in favor of a single compound, with the teams being stuck with whatever they choose for the race in qualifying as well. I'd also be in favor of limiting the changing of race tires to one tire change per race at the discretion of the team, but I'd like there to be a way out for someone with a bad tire situation without having to present a near-failure or a tire run down to the exposed casing to Charlie Whiting. Considering that speeds involved and the risk to the drivers and course workers, the current rule is simply irresponsible. The team is always going to risk letting the driver run a bad tire under the current rules considering what's at stake.

oc

Ankf00
06-12-05, 03:35 PM
if this never happened, Kimi's only behind by 10 points instead of 22... too bad for him :gomer:

oddlycalm
06-12-05, 05:09 PM
if this never happened, Kimi's only behind by 10 points instead of 22... too bad for him :gomer: Alonso gifted him a nice gain today when he kissed the wall and took himself out. The unforced error surprised me as he's been steady all season.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
06-12-05, 11:42 PM
Alonso gifted him a nice gain today when he kissed the wall and took himself out. The unforced error surprised me as he's been steady all season.

ocCall it even steven.