PDA

View Full Version : "it’s not going to happen"

SurfaceUnits
05-30-05, 12:39 PM
Meanwhile the IRL and Champ Car find themselves glaring across the table in another matter: the annual campaign, which seems to come as if on schedule around May each year, to negotiate some kind of merger or reunification of the two open-wheel series. An attempt by Mario Andretti to help negotiate a common equipment formula for 2007 apparently came to a stalemate; now reports are Robert Clarke of Honda will be the next to try to broker a truce. Kalkhoven is far from optimistic. “I think everyone recognizes there would be certain advantages, and everyone recognizes it’s not going to happen,” he says.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-30-05, 02:57 PM
This is a bigger rumor than the "Elvis is alive" one or "Dead aliens in Alamogordo, N.M."

TorontoWorker
05-30-05, 05:01 PM
This is a bigger rumor than the "Elvis is alive"

WHAT?? When did he die?! :confused:

coolhand
05-30-05, 05:12 PM
Meanwhile the IRL and Champ Car find themselves glaring across the table in another matter: the annual campaign, which seems to come as if on schedule around May each year, to negotiate some kind of merger or reunification of the two open-wheel series. An attempt by Mario Andretti to help negotiate a common equipment formula for 2007 apparently came to a stalemate; now reports are Robert Clarke of Honda will be the next to try to broker a truce. Kalkhoven is far from optimistic. “I think everyone recognizes there would be certain advantages, and everyone recognizes it’s not going to happen,” he says.

I dont think that means anything, he is in the middle of negotiations and has to present a picture that he DOES NOT NEED to merge in order to extract the most he can from the IRL side of the table.

Mike Kellner
05-30-05, 05:19 PM
"Dead aliens in Alamogordo, N.M."

When did the Aliens die?

mk

FTG
05-30-05, 06:13 PM
When the UFO crashed man. If they were alive, they would've told us how they built it.

dando
05-30-05, 07:05 PM
"Dead aliens in Alamogordo, N.M."
I thought Corki was alive and well out there? :gomer: ;)

:runs:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-30-05, 08:05 PM
I thought Corki was alive and well out there? :gomer: ;)

:runs:

-KevinHater. I bet Dallara make all their non-crapwagon chassis there too. :laugh:

dando
05-30-05, 08:12 PM
Hater. I bet Dallara make all their non-crapwagon chassis there too. :laugh:
Hello kettle? :gomer:

Stronger has the hate grown in me the past day, yes. :)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-30-05, 08:14 PM
Hello kettle? :gomer:

Stronger has the hate grown in me the past day, yes. :)

-KevinBite me, Sith. :p

nrc
05-30-05, 09:29 PM
Wasn't this quote from before the Honda meeting last Monday?

cart7
05-31-05, 07:38 AM
I dont think that means anything, he is in the middle of negotiations and has to present a picture that he DOES NOT NEED to merge in order to extract the most he can from the IRL side of the table.

Yep, it's called posturing. TG ruined it for his side by blathering about unification was finally needed. He has now watered down the IRL's position and produced doubts about the resolve on that side of the fence and, for the first time, indicated there's some motivational factor driving the need for a merger on the earl side. KK should merely wait this out and push for everything he can get.