PDA

View Full Version : Did...

Brickman
05-30-05, 01:30 AM
Someone check up or did Danica anticipate the start and just plain screwed up?

Bourdais block Buddy and get his cut tire from his zig zag or did Buddy just run into him on the backstretch?

IV just screw up, his spotter, not TELL him Bruno was coming??? Was Bruno higher in the turn than normal? I couldn't tell if it was a short chute pass or the backstretch. (Yes I know both Foyts don't belong out there)

Kanaan lead the most laps again just to lose the race... again?

Hotel TV and no TiVo makes it difficult to tell.

Congrats to Wheldon.

pfc_m_drake
05-30-05, 01:45 AM
1) Scott Sharp did brake-check (it looked to me) prior to the restart, however that doesn't absolve Danica from the fact that she looped it. It was one of those rookie learning experiences...she'll know better next time.

2) It's difficult to say whether Buddy ran into Bourdais or whether Bourdais zig-zagged into him. I'm not sure that there's a good replay available either.

3) Remember in 1990 at Suzuka when Senna crashed into Prost and later said "I drove up the back of him, and I did it on purpose." Well, I'm waiting for AJ IV to say "I drove into the side of him, and I did it on purpose." Supposedly IV's spotter *did* tell him that Bruno was there. It was just a really really bad move by Foyt, period.

4) Kanaan seemed to get mired in traffic over the course of the last two pit stops - so despite leading a bunch of laps he didn't have the track position at the end of the race, and it hurt him.

coolhand
05-30-05, 01:49 AM
1) Scott Sharp did brake-check (it looked to me) prior to the restart, however that doesn't absolve Danica from the fact that she looped it. It was one of those rookie learning experiences...she'll know better next time.

She was zig zaggin trying to warm her tires and lost it. Sharp was illrelvent

2) It's difficult to say whether Buddy ran into Bourdais or whether Bourdais zig-zagged into him. I'm not sure that there's a good replay available either.

no good video of it, they came real close and Sebass just coasted away on a tangent towards the wall.

4) Kanaan seemed to get mired in traffic over the course of the last two pit stops - so despite leading a bunch of laps he didn't have the track position at the end of the race, and it hurt him.

he and Dario were the fastest cars all day. i hate it when the fast cars get shuffled out of sequence and the person you dont want to win gets all the breaks (Danica)

SteveH
05-30-05, 01:51 AM
W/o benefit of replay, I'd say she screwed up however she was following Sharp and I thought it looked like he was dancing a little. Maybe it was a brake check.

Buddy hit something?
http://www.pantherracing.com/images/stories/indy05%20-%20race%20wing.jpg

4oyt should have been running out of the racing line being that far off the lead.

No idea about Kanaan. Once he was out of the lead, no mention by ABC.

coolhand
05-30-05, 01:53 AM
good find steve

theunions
05-30-05, 02:21 AM

The sole explanation I've seen elsewhere (with no direct quotes), after 4+ hours of looking, was that he picked up a vibration on the penultimate stop, and the new tires on the final stop were not adequate enough to correct the problem.

cart7
05-30-05, 07:47 AM
As for the Seabass crash, the last I saw was a shot of Danicle going into and through T3. In the background you could see Seb., 4 - 6 car lengths back with what looked like Lazier coming from behind him about to pass. I'm guessing that was the moment the incident took place where Lazier cut his tire.

Again, who would know? ABC was too busy following the then 4th place Danicle who was no longer in traffic and was running by herself. Forget about the guys in P1 - P3. :shakehead

Ziggy
05-30-05, 10:49 AM
Lazier hit Sharp at 200+ mph going into turn three

it's the reason Sharp got the black flag

Brickman
05-31-05, 03:55 AM

I found it... 2 laps to go, camera on you know who in 4th. They made contact on the back stretch. Bourdais went left and Buddy right, just not all the way. It was a sudden left, so I'm not sure if it was a block, and Buddy caught him crossing back over, that was pretty clear.... on a 50" big screen. ;)

Andrew Longman
05-31-05, 07:28 AM
The paper quoted SeeBass as saying that Danica slowed suddenly in front of him, forcing him off his line and into the path of the other car. Contact cut his tire, and off he went.

Believable to me and DP was clearly going backwards on that lap. My guess is she had fuel pressure problems.

Brickman
05-31-05, 11:16 AM
The paper quoted SeeBass as saying that Danica slowed suddenly in front of him, forcing him off his line and into the path of the other car. Contact cut his tire, and off he went.

Believable to me and DP was clearly going backwards on that lap. My guess is she had fuel pressure problems.

4Hr 13Min into the TiVo shows that she was at least 10 car lengths ahead when it happened. She didn't slow.