PDA

View Full Version : No classic Indy's on ESPN Classic this year?

Jag_Warrior
05-29-05, 11:53 PM
For the first time in years, no Classic Indy's on ESPN. What happened?

Don't get me wrong, I'm luvin' the heck outta The Fights & Times of Muhammad Ali - dayum, that guy had some sweet moves when he was young! But part of my tradition since the split was to watch the good old days. Should I assume that the boys & girls at ESPN spent the weekend erasing the old tapes?

ESPN, thanks for nothing. :thumdown:

Jag_Warrior
05-29-05, 11:55 PM
If you like to lose your money, be a fool and bet on Sonny! :rofl:

If I see that bum on the street, I'll beat him like I'm his daddy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rob
05-30-05, 12:09 AM
They showed the '85 race last Thursday at 1:00pm ET. I watched it while on my lunch hour.

racer2c
05-30-05, 12:11 AM
They showed the '85 race last Thursday at 1:00pm ET. I watched it while on my lunch hour.

yeah, me too. The Spin and Win race.

DaveL
05-30-05, 12:14 AM
I've just heard from my sources and they tell me that this year's race will shown next Monday night. Anything that doesn't have to do with Danica is going to be edited out. So that means they're going to cut 10 minutes out of the original broadcast.

Brickman
06-02-05, 12:15 PM
I've just heard from my sources and they tell me that this year's race will shown next Monday night. Anything that doesn't have to do with Danica is going to be edited out. So that means they're going to cut 10 minutes out of the original broadcast.

Good source... ;)

89th INDY 500 EARNS ‘INSTANT CLASSIC’ STATUS JUNE 3 ON ESPN CLASSIC

INDIANAPOLIS, Wednesday, June 1, 2005 – ESPN Classic will rebroadcast the 89th Indianapolis 500, one of the most thrilling and competitive editions of the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” as an “Instant Classic” at 9 p.m. (EDT) Friday, June 3.