PDA

View Full Version : The Danica Effect

L1P1
05-29-05, 11:00 PM
Despite some dodgey details, Danica showed well and got (and will continue to get) some awesome press. Chalk one up for the dark side.

Rahal and Honda now have some cards. It was interesting to note that Toyota had some Superbowl quality commercials. The one I'm thinking about was Hornish pulling into a town in an indycar and people assuming he was Brazilian. "No, I'm from Ohio." And Toyota promising that they'll support 'our' drivers.

Look for Argent to be gone (quietly, and happy with a fistful of change) and Danica to be sponsored by some huge corporation.

This could actually represent a sea change. Argent might have taught other companies something they should have known all along. Develop a driver. Get them under contract. Then $Profit$....

coolhand
05-29-05, 11:10 PM
This could actually represent a sea change. Argent might have taught other companies something they should have known all along. Develop a driver. Get them under contract. Then $Profit$....

sadly they will be looking for mediocer girls rather then the next A.J. Allmendinger

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 11:12 PM
Not to mention the fact that it is hard to even have a relevent ladder series when your series is abandoning its home base...

racer2c
05-29-05, 11:20 PM
Not to mention the fact that it is hard to even have a relevent ladder series when your series is abandoning its home base...

If they move their HQ to Japan would that make you feel better? :gomer:

L1P1
05-29-05, 11:25 PM

Would that be Long Beach, or Indy?

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 11:26 PM
I'm talking about the fact that it is hard to develop a ladder series if you are on a path where only perhaps 7-8 races are in the U.S.

Of course, there are so many other problems with the ladder that this isn't even the biggest of concerns...

L1P1
05-29-05, 11:28 PM
I think we saw today that IPS is clearly inferior to Atlantics.

Racing Truth
05-30-05, 11:40 AM
Despite some dodgey details, Danica showed well and got (and will continue to get) some awesome press. Chalk one up for the dark side.

Rahal and Honda now have some cards. It was interesting to note that Toyota had some Superbowl quality commercials. The one I'm thinking about was Hornish pulling into a town in an indycar and people assuming he was Brazilian. "No, I'm from Ohio." And Toyota promising that they'll support 'our' drivers.

Look for Argent to be gone (quietly, and happy with a fistful of change) and Danica to be sponsored by some huge corporation.

Good post.

Also, ABC = teh suck.

Racing Truth
05-30-05, 01:24 PM
I think we saw today that IPS is clearly inferior to Atlantics.

In other news, Foyt Enterprises sucks. :gomer:

coolhand
05-30-05, 01:26 PM
I hate how the press is making excuses about fuel is why she did not win. :rolleyes:

Whealdon was in the same situation and treated her like a bitch on those last laps. he ran out of fuel on the victory lap