PDA

View Full Version : The Next Step

nrc
05-29-05, 07:57 PM
If Champ car can't return to Indy as a group on favorable terms they should end the crossover for good. Korea and China should be in May with one of them on Memorial day weekend.

lone_groover
05-29-05, 08:06 PM
Better late than never on the competing race tip.....and it's already too late for the talented Mr. Junky.

:flame:

dando
05-29-05, 08:26 PM
If Champ car can't return to Indy as a group on favorable terms they should end the crossover for good. Korea and China should be in May with one of them on Memorial day weekend.
Word. :mad:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 08:27 PM
I'd be willing to bet that after today, the problem will take care of itself.

SteveH
05-29-05, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately, you're probably right. :(

Dr. Corkski
05-29-05, 09:35 PM
If Champ car can't return to Indy as a group on favorable terms they should end the crossover for good. Korea and China should be in May with one of them on Memorial day weekend.http://img193.echo.cx/img193/2118/shanghai5005fl.jpg

:gomer:

NismoZ
05-29-05, 09:39 PM
I thought it was Beijing, or Peking or...where's Goldenport? Or is that A1GP?...

Racing Truth
05-30-05, 12:06 PM
I'd be willing to bet that after today, the problem will take care of itself.

:( Werd.

BTW: If you're gonna do that, what purpose does going to Asia serve?

FanofMario
05-30-05, 12:09 PM
Sorry, but I don't see how an overseas race will go down on a Memorial Day weekend.

RTKar
05-30-05, 12:13 PM
A couple races in May would be great but I'd rather see a domestic race on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-30-05, 02:59 PM
Sorry, but I don't see how an overseas race will go down on a Memorial Day weekend.Concur.

cameraman
05-30-05, 04:51 PM
Putting a Champ Car race on against the Indy 500 and the Nascar 600 would be a wonderful way to generate a 0.01 rating.

CCWS needs to go its own way but going head to head with those two would be stupid.

Hatred for the IRL can not be the basis of business decisions.

JLMannin
05-30-05, 06:58 PM
Putting a Champ Car race on against the Indy 500 and the Nascar 600 would be a wonderful way to generate a 0.01 rating.

CCWS needs to go its own way but going head to head with those two would be stupid.

It's not a hatred for the IRL. It would be really hard to contend for the championship if a neam missed two races. It's a way to weed out the indyitis allficted fence setter owner (i.e, Carl Haas) and force the series to swrear off Indy and move on.

I do agree that going head to head may not be advisable. The schedule needs to be put together in a way to make it all but logistacally impossible to run the full both the full Champcar series and Indy. A couple of domestic races in May and an off-shore event on Saturday or Monday of Memorial Day weekend would do nicely.

nrc
05-30-05, 09:37 PM

Nothing to do with hatred of the IRL. Everything to do with eliminating conflicts of interest and making good use of what is currently a dead period in the schedule.

I'm not suggesting that the races go head to head on TV with anything else. In fact, if they're going to do these far east races and be forced into a poor time slot anyway, they may as well do it on a weekend when the good timeslots are taken. Show it live Saturday night and tape delayed Monday.

FCYTravis
05-31-05, 12:42 AM
There's a way to keep anyone from racing Indy without racing Memorial Day.

Just schedule Champ Car races on both weekends of qualifying.

RTKar
05-31-05, 07:02 AM
There's a way to keep anyone from racing Indy without racing Memorial Day.

Just schedule Champ Car races on both weekends of qualifying.

Someone else could qualify the car, although arranging crews would be difficult.

Insomniac
06-01-05, 11:36 AM
Someone else could qualify the car, although arranging crews would be difficult.

And all the practicing? Just wouldn't make sense to go through all that so your regular ChampCar drivers could run Sunday. Presumably, the guy qualifying won't do as well as the ChampCar driver, and if they did better, they'd be driving Sunday too.

RaceGrrl
06-01-05, 12:14 PM
Run the CC race on Monday, with quals on Sat and Sunday. Must be a road or street course to avoid weather issues.

Mike Kellner
06-01-05, 12:25 PM
What about buying Texas World Speedway, and making it into ChampCar's Indy. Headquarters, test track, and site of our big 500?

I think we could hold a race opposite Indy. The first US 500 had a large crowd. CART just lost its nerve and moved the race. NASCAR was stupid to put the World 600 oposite Indy when they did, but it worked. All it took was making a plan, and sticking to it.

If we want a foreign race, hold it in Great Britian. They were our allies in WW I & II. They must have a zillion road courses there. Do two races, so we keep everyone there for the last half of May.

mk

FCYTravis
06-01-05, 12:34 PM
That track's a dump for a reason. Middle o' FREAKING nowhere.

It's about as non-urban as you can get.

Sean O'Gorman
06-01-05, 12:37 PM
That track's a dump for a reason. Middle o' FREAKING nowhere.

It's about as non-urban as you can get.

But just think of all the Aggies that would show up. :gomer:

cameraman
06-01-05, 12:40 PM
What about buying Texas World Speedway, and making it into ChampCar's Indy. Headquarters, test track, and site of our big 500?

Have you lost your mind?

http://texasworldspeedway.com/images/fronttrack.jpg

lone_groover
06-01-05, 12:43 PM
I say move Cleveland to Memorial Day, extend it to 500K, invite Euro/Americas guest drivers, and call it the ChamCar Continental/US500.

We can be New Traditionalists, like Ohio's own DEVO.

Mike Kellner
06-01-05, 12:47 PM
The middle of nowhere means no noise problems and the land nearby is cheap.

Texas means they can test there almost year round. Don't just make it a track, make it headquarters. Get teams to locate on the cheap land nearby. If we can bring industry and jobs to town, we might even get local Government to anti up a bit.

mk

PS: Have you lost your mind? Likely, but the track looks great in the picture. It already has a road course as well as great camping areas. Can you say, "Party Time"?

Racing Truth
06-01-05, 01:02 PM
But just think of all the Aggies that would show up. :gomer:

"Ankf00 could not be reached for comment on this story. Sources indicate that he was seen being led into a mental institution shortly after these rumors started."

:gomer: ;)

Dirty Sanchez
06-01-05, 01:06 PM
Hawaiian SuperPrix :thumbup:

:gomer:

Ankf00
06-01-05, 10:56 PM
I was just discharged. They've got good meds :gomer:

College Station is a dump, everything around College Station is a dump. If the world was going to get an enema, that's where they'd stick the hose, well that and Norman, OK...

seriously, not a bad idea based on the logic but that place needs RIDICULOUS upgrades, plus ownership is happy running club racing... that part of the state's not much more than an hour from Houston with regular traffic going south on I-45. You wouldn't have to worry about the sheep ****ers showing up because unless CABCAR is emblazoned in 20 type font on the transporters, so that the illiterate could understand, they won't be interested in leaving their jacked up Ford F-777 Boeing Editions.

Weather would be great for offseason testing but I'm not sure how much accomodations are available for teams, they'd have to travel to huntsville and madisonville I would think. Also you can forget about wanting to come down here during the summer with the Gulf humidity...

I don't know who'd want to go, but if A1 sees worth in San Craptonio and the IRL can bring 70K to way the hell outside of Fort Worthless then it may work, CCWS could also run the San Craptonio course on another date from A1 if it turns out to be a half decent layout with a half decent turnout...

*shrug*

again, the sheep ****ers and jacked up duelies pose an image problem :gomer:

If we can bring industry and jobs to town, we might even get local Government to anti up a bit.

somewhere in the bloated and convoluted Texas State Constitution is written that all sports enterprises must be paid for by the taxpayer through hotel, rental car, airport, and various other taxes, a $40 buck car rental will cost you 80-90 when all's said and done thanks to the all these brand new arenas, it has to do with "special districts" which is an organizational sturcture allowed in the const, and coincidentally the fasteset growing form of govt in the US, which lets ppl set up stuff like the "harris county sports authority" which has the right, once chartered, to tax its people to pay for sports business... crap like that... so perhaps some junk like that could be set up in the sheep shagging capital of the USA by the local taxpayers (fat chance considering their political leanings and severe aversion to any and all taxes unrelated to building newer bigger better stick & ball stadiums, oh ya and also when keeping up with the UT campus development fund in a bigger johnson contest...) if enough job creation and business creation was promised. But again, the whole cabcar thing...

Methanolandbrats
06-01-05, 11:05 PM
I was just discharged. They've got good meds :gomer:

College Station is a dump, everything around College Station is a dump. If the world was going to get an enema, that's where they'd stick the hose, well that and Norman, OK...

seriously, not a bad idea based on the logic but that place needs RIDICULOUS upgrades, plus ownership is happy running club racing... that part of the state's not much more than an hour from Houston with regular traffic going south on I-45. You wouldn't have to worry about the sheep ****ers showing up because unless CABCAR is emblazoned in 20 type font on the transporters, so that the illiterate could understand, they won't be interested in leaving their jacked up Ford F-777 Boeing Editions.

Weather would be great for offseason testing but I'm not sure how much accomodations are available for teams, they'd have to travel to huntsville and madisonville I would think. Also you can forget about wanting to come down here during the summer with the Gulf humidity...

I don't know who'd want to go, but if A1 sees worth in San Craptonio and the IRL can bring 70K to way the hell outside of Fort Worthless then it may work, CCWS could also run the San Craptonio course on another date from A1 if it turns out to be a half decent layout with a half decent turnout...

*shrug*

again, the sheep ****ers and jacked up duelies pose an image problem :gomer:What a great post. A&M is a *****ole. A good friend is a prof there and he's trapped with all those retarded cadets and rednecks. He's looking for a way out.

As for the venue to do Memorial Day...........f'n Road America. How hard is this to figure out? The drivers want to be there, it's one of about three real racetracks left on Planet Earth, it has history, it is the anti-oval..........jeebus, even threads on track food rave about it. JUst do it, try it, add some support races....see what happens.

formulaben
06-02-05, 01:48 AM
As for the venue to do Memorial Day...........f'n Road America. How hard is this to figure out? The drivers want to be there, it's one of about three real racetracks left on Planet Earth, it has history, it is the anti-oval..........jeebus, even threads on track food rave about it. JUst do it, try it, add some support races....see what happens.

Road America on Monday. Makes perfect sense.

Mike Kellner
06-02-05, 08:41 AM
I don't care if we have a race in Islamabad, as long as it gets us on racing on Memorial Day weekend. Monday at RA would be fun. It can get a mite cold for camping im May, but this last weekend was 70/50, so you can have great weather as well.

We would need another race opposite Pole Day. What we really need is a non-compete clause

I liked TWS because it is one of the few big ovals that isn't ISC property. If it is unsuitable, are there any other? We need a big 500, and we need to run it a lot of years in a row at the same track on the same weekend.

mk

formulaben
06-02-05, 01:40 PM
You're not saying we need consistency, are you? :eek:

FRANKY
06-02-05, 01:52 PM
Not to close to Indy. You'll get that crossover like Gateway had a few years back.