PDA

View Full Version : Wankerdretti on cover of new Racer

Napoleon
03-05-03, 05:35 PM
:rolleyes:

And then on top of it there is an ad where Mikey is pimping some shades and it plays off of his CART achievements and shows a picture of his Crapwagon which is conviniently missing its Formula Grandson logo.

OK I know that isn't CART ralated but the positive stuff in Racer is. There is a neat ad for CART playing off of the theory of evolution, which is picked up by the story on CART's rookies in Racer, and there is a second ad announcing that the annual CART suppliment will come with Mays issue. I was hoping they were going to do that again. Also Cosworth has a nice ad mentioning all of its teams also.

Don Quixote
03-05-03, 06:07 PM
In the picture, is he smiling or sneering?

Napoleon
03-05-03, 06:39 PM
neither really Don.

BTW, for those of you that have a low tolerance for interviews with koolaid swilling revisionist stear clear of the article on Wankerdretti.

JLMannin
03-05-03, 06:55 PM
Does he mention if Honda money was a factor in taking the team IRL?

Also, is there any more information on the timeline on the discussions with Honda about doing the IRL program?

John

Napoleon
03-05-03, 07:24 PM
I just scanned it - I will read it tonight, but he repeats the Honda wasn't that big of factor.

Again I just skimmed it real quick.

Spicoli
03-05-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I just scanned it - I will read it tonight, but he repeats the Honda wasn't that big of factor.

Again I just skimmed it real quick.

honda had EVERYTHING to with it. My God, if it wasn't Honda - what was it? the chance to race infront of 20k at Homestead? Or Sparta? Or (Insert empty track here)?

Napoleon
03-05-03, 09:14 PM
From my scan its almost as if he blames Pook, in a way, for him leaving. My WAG its this story in the pipe which was what lead to Phillips Speed on-line story which stuck Andretti. He knew this story was coming.

Railbird
03-05-03, 09:17 PM
I know you guys didn't watch the race, or at least wouldn't admit it...;)

But did you know that they are having Mikey lead a ceremonial pace lap "in honor of his accomplishments" at every race between now and Indy?

LOL

just for you Nap

JT265
03-05-03, 11:26 PM
While we are on a Whindretti bag fest, I think we should all stop a moment and give the boy his props.

Yes, I mean salute Andretti the lesser!

Railbird says that he gets to lead a ceremonial lap in front of the pace car, (ala Scott Goodyear in '95 ;) ), to honor is accomplishments!

Now, before you all go off on me, think for a moment of his "accomplishments".

How many of the posters here can convert "yen" to dollars, without the aid of a calculator? :D

Lizzerd
03-06-03, 12:38 AM
I caught a glimpse of a crapwagon leading the pace cars at the beginning of the Homestead telecast. I wondered if it was him after I saw a post somewhere about the farewell tour thing.

I think it is ridiculous. TG wants so much to separate himself from CART, yet all of The Defector's wins have come from CART. Now, Mikey brings big Yen to TG's series, and he wants to honor him now.

How low can these two scumbags go? Lower than the hair on the belly of a whale at the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean is my guess.