PDA

View Full Version : WTF happened to Bourdais???

cameraman
05-29-05, 05:25 PM
IRL coverage is a ****ing joke. What the holy hell actually happened?
Was he trying to pass Danicle? did the car break? did he get into the marbles? what?

That was horrible coverage unless you are a Danicle fan.

oddlycalm
05-29-05, 05:33 PM
The surgeon general has determined that watching an EARL broadcast will suck IQ points right out of your brain and increase your blood pressure.

oc

cameraman
05-29-05, 05:47 PM
The surgeon general has determined that watching an EARL broadcast will suck IQ points right out of your brain and increase your blood pressure.

oc

Well you can be damn sure it ain't going to happen again. I'll watch Newman Haas drivers wherever they go but that mind numbing drivel they called coverage was disgusting. Constant "best race in the world" wonderful drivers greatest this. What a constant stream of *********.

Made all the worse since I had just finished watching a real race (F1) with real coverage. Is all IRL coverage that horrible?

FanofMario
05-29-05, 06:07 PM
Mike King and the Radio Network boys were even more dreadful. They never did say how Seabass was after the race---nor did the WIBC postrace. :rolleyes:

BTW, Pancho Carter did more or less infer that Fernandez was a Nancyboy at the tail end of the broadcast as they were hyping the Texas race. King said something to the fact that Fernandez would get a lot of support and Pancho cut in to say he would get a lot of the "girls." I don't think he was infering Tecate Girls! That was about the only enjoyable exchange I heard from my drive from South Bend to Muncie. Donald Davidson did drop the ball when he declared that Dannyboy was the first Englishman to win since Jim Clark. It took awhile for him to correct himself. :saywhat: King and boys were the biggest cheerleaders for Buddy Lazier. I thought Pancho was going to go off on Sharp when Buddy had to go into the grass towards the end of the race.

Hope Seabass is ok and that Bruno heals quickly.

coolhand
05-29-05, 06:28 PM
the boradcast was chalk full of cliche's ane a bunch of other non-sensical crap about that race and Danicle.

made me want to puke aobut how they treated her

Hot Rod Otis
05-29-05, 07:00 PM
The broadcast sucked. I never thought I'd say this, but Paul Page would have been an improvement over that sorry @*s crew they had. .

coolhand
05-29-05, 07:09 PM
The broadcast sucked. I never thought I'd say this, but Paul Page would have been an improvement over that sorry @*s crew they had. .

true true, they found an even bigger kool aide drinker

cart7
05-29-05, 09:11 PM
Seabass was right behind her highness and appeared to be the next in line to pass Danicle around turn 2, when I next saw him he appeared to have fallen off the pace as Danicle was going into 3, Seabass appeared at least 6 - 7 cars back and was about to be passed(by Lazier?), he never made it through 3. Gotta think something broke, he had a fast car.

coolhand
05-29-05, 09:13 PM
Mark C is saying it was a cut tire

SteveH
05-29-05, 09:28 PM
It was a cut tire courtesy of B Lazier. :thumdown:

Brickman
05-29-05, 09:32 PM
It was a cut tire courtesy of B Lazier. :thumdown:

Was he attempting a pass low and got him?

SteveH
05-29-05, 10:25 PM
from NH post-race pres release

Sebastien Bourdais, No. 37 Team CENTRIX Honda/Panoz/Firestone: “I was very happy with where the No. 37 Team CENTRIX car was – at the front at the end of the race. That was exactly what we wanted to do and that’s why I am so disappointed. You can’t pass in traffic, it’s tough, and I couldn’t back off big enough. When Vitor passed Danica, she had to back off big time and lost a lot of speed and I couldn’t back off enough to get some clean air. She went down on the track quite a lot to protect her line quite well. I couldn’t back off more because of the guys close behind me so I lost the momentum myself. Although I tried hard I just moved a little to the left. He (Lazier) was probably to close to me and touched my tires and cut it. I didn’t realize what was happening and started slowing down and lost the engine and then hit the wall.

B3RACER1a
05-30-05, 12:11 AM
Cut tire and lost an engine? Dang dude!

JohnnyQ
05-30-05, 08:05 AM
Payback's a bitch. I guess Tracy put the hex on him?

chop456
05-30-05, 08:09 AM
:gomer:

Racing Truth
05-30-05, 11:33 AM

Unbelievably true. The whole damn thing was amateurish.