PDA

View Full Version : Dancile on Yahoo front page :rollseyes

coolhand
05-29-05, 12:29 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/

Paintergeek
05-29-05, 12:43 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/

Shes on EVERYTHING. This race has made her a virtual household name, and all she has done is practice and qualify. I dont have any issues with her, But the massive media-hype about someone so unproven is disgusting, and is the only reason I hope she has an early,safe, but non-mechanical exit from the race. I would be thrilled with a lap one spin-n-tap just enough to bend the car and call it a day....place 33rd.........and then see how they spin that into something good. If she wins, Its all the more proof of how easy that race is, just like lazier and cheever. Neither with any business being called a champ.

coolhand
05-29-05, 01:02 AM
Shes on EVERYTHING. This race has made her a virtual household name, and all she has done is practice and qualify. I dont have any issues with her, But the massive media-hype about someone so unproven is disgusting, and is the only reason I hope she has an early,safe, but non-mechanical exit from the race. I would be thrilled with a lap one spin-n-tap just enough to bend the car and call it a day....place 33rd.........and then see how they spin that into something good. If she wins, Its all the more proof of how easy that race is, just like lazier and cheever. Neither with any business being called a champ.

there are plenty of other drivers out there who have devoted their lives to motorsports and indy who are more deserved of this attention.

Kenny comming back from near death and such. and a former winner of the race.

but since Danicle is a girl she gets this attention? its almost sexist. and i hope it blows up in their faces with her hitting the wall with no contact from another car.

eiregosod
05-29-05, 01:03 AM
A win for Danicle would propel the EARL into dizzy heights of popularity.

think of the crowd that'll show up in texas :eek:

Paintergeek
05-29-05, 01:15 AM
I agree with the above posts 100%. Again, I have no problem with danice, but there is 32 other stories out there, and all are being ignored because of a cute girl. Literally. If she wins, Mad power to her for laning a perfect oval car seat with someone smart enough to know a publicity icon when he sees one. This may spark a rash of undeserving female rides because everyone will want to get the same attention...attention that brings publicity, publicity that brings money.

Id personally rather see more african american drivers, as most nationalities are covered, but african american ones are few and far between.

I wonder, If a young, tiny, rookie black kid got a seat this year and qualified 4th, would he be on every magazine and website? Not likely.

Dr. Corkski
05-29-05, 02:21 AM
there are plenty of other drivers out there who have devoted their lives to motorsports and indy who are more deserved of this attention.

Kenny comming back from near death and such. and a former winner of the race.

but since Danicle is a girl she gets this attention? its almost sexist. and i hope it blows up in their faces with her hitting the wall with no contact from another car.Are you surprised though? The same thing has been happening in Toyota Atlantic this year at a lesser scale. Given today's economics a qualified female driver would almost certainly have an easier time getting sponsorship than an equally qualified male. :thumdown:

coolhand
05-29-05, 04:09 AM
I wonder, If a young, tiny, rookie black kid got a seat this year and qualified 4th, would he be on every magazine and website? Not likely.

I wouldn't want that either, maybe if he showed up and dominated an entire season. but not a no-race winner who is only making headlines because he is black.

it cheapens the sport and is a slap in the face of the qualified people who worked their butts of for years. but thats how the media works. :thumdown:

Brickman
05-29-05, 09:21 AM

James "Bubba" Stewart? Sure. It's a media thing.

http://www.racerxill.com/RXimages/misc/Stewart_Kawasaki_122904.jpg

Paintergeek
05-29-05, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Brickman]James "Bubba" Stewart? Sure. It's a media thing.

Yeah, but even though I dont follow motoX much, from what Ive heard, he's pretty damn good. If youre good, you deserve media attention. He doesnt get every magazine in the country saying "Can a BLACK guy actually win the championship?" < yet thats exactly what they are doing with DP.

If you get hype becuase ONLY becuase your are black, or a girl, or have two toes, then it isnt deserved. If you are good, you get attention, if you arent, you dont. But in IRLand, anything that can energize the flailing league, they latch too. 4th generation talent just to have the names in the field to 'sound; like old times, and Danicle.......and Fischer.