PDA

View Full Version : R. Gordon Futility Thread: Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 08:54 PM
Menard must have broken some more environmental regulations to whooped up some special engines to get Robbie up to 25th on the grid.

In other news, Robbie seems to be upset that Danica has a weight advantage. No word on whether he's upset at Greg Ray's 2% body fat either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=wc&id=2070899

fourrunner
05-28-05, 09:04 PM
I have a deep down feeling that Robbie Gordon doesn't like the idea of a woman in the Race ... period! ;)

If she's so good, put her AJ Foyt's car!! ;)

dando
05-28-05, 09:10 PM
And no mention of the time change for the 497.5, which pretty much ensures no NASCAB drivers could do the double. :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Mike Kellner
05-28-05, 09:43 PM
Actually, he has a point. F1 does weigh the car and driver together. But, it has always been that way. I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't race until it got fixed before. I also didn't know he was racing in the :gomer:RL.

Question... Does NASCAB weigh the car & driver together? If not, has he threatened to pull his cars until they do?

mk

JohnHKart
05-28-05, 09:54 PM
Actually, he has a point. F1 does weigh the car and driver together. But, it has always been that way. I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't race until it got fixed before. I also didn't know he was racing in the :gomer:RL.

Question... Does NASCAB weigh the car & driver together? If not, has he threatened to pull his cars until they do?

mk

Yes if I'm not mistaken, Nascab began equalizing driver weight via ballast or whatever about 4 years ago.

John

dando
05-28-05, 09:54 PM

mk
Yes, he doea have a point, but he's not an .1RL driver, so WGAF? This was an issue in C^RT in '02 or '03...remember when Shorty was 'blamed' for his success due to his low weight. IIRC, NASCAB weighs the car and driver.

-Kevin

FanofMario
05-28-05, 10:53 PM
Robbie is just ate up of late. Shut the F up already Robbie! :thumdown:

Ed_Severson
05-29-05, 12:26 AM
Perhaps if Robby's head were filled with brains instead of rocks, the weight disadvantage wouldn't be such a big problem.

spinner26
05-29-05, 06:33 AM
Let me first say this chick is being USED by the irl. Until she wins it she don't deserve the hype!

Robbie needs to shut his pie hole! He's scared as he should be that she would finish ahead of him and it would be confirmed he's worthless. Talent wins not weight Robbie. :shakehead :cry:

Brickman
05-29-05, 09:08 AM
Robby whining about a g-i-r-l. Simply classic.

Racing Truth
05-29-05, 11:47 AM
Perhaps if Robby's head were filled with brains instead of rocks, the weight disadvantage wouldn't be such a big problem.

:thumbup:

As for his lightning quick qual. spot, don't worry. Sources tell me that Menards have built an engine that will go fast for 10 laps, then have a massive explosion. At least, they'll make headlines. :gomer:

dando
05-29-05, 06:50 PM
Just catching up on the race since I'm recording it. Rubby blacked on lap 15 for leaking fluid. Genard grenade soon to follow. :laugh:

-Kevin

JT265
05-29-05, 08:34 PM
Yes if I'm not mistaken, Nascab began equalizing driver weight via ballast or whatever about 4 years ago.

John

And Jimmy Spencer celebrated with some Hardee's biscuits & gravy and a couple of big gulps. :gomer:

trish
05-29-05, 08:35 PM
Robby spins on lap 167.

Methanolandbrats
05-29-05, 10:27 PM
F Robbie. Danica has another advantage, she does'nt crash everything she drives.

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 10:30 PM
I'm amazed he was running as high as he was just recently.

This race is just awful, worst Cup race I've ever seen. :thumdown:

Methanolandbrats
05-29-05, 10:35 PM
This race is just awful, worst Cup race I've ever seen. :thumdown:How can you tell? :confused: I'd rather put fireants on my nads than watch that crap.

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 10:39 PM
You weren't singing that tune when Carl Edwards won Atlanta....

Then again, Atlanta didn't have 22 cautions. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
05-29-05, 10:43 PM
You weren't singing that tune when Carl Edwards won Atlanta....

Then again, Atlanta didn't have 22 cautions. :laugh: I did'nt watch it, I watched the highlight reel. I thought you were crushing cones today :D

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-05, 10:49 PM
I was, but there were only 40-50 drivers so we were done before 1:00. For the first time in forever I didn't crush any cones, I just had my muffler fly off. :laugh:

JohnHKart
06-02-05, 05:26 PM
Robby unlaps himself twice...is running with his usual futility pack in the thirties....then because the race is so long and he has a fast car actually is runnning in the top ten for a bit, (maybe the first time this season). Then an accident drops him to 27th.

John