PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this seem strange?

Jervis Tetch 1
05-27-05, 11:05 PM
That Buddy Lazier, a former "champion*" crashes on his warm-up lap during Carb Day and his team reports that something "snapped" on his car leading to his Turn 4 "incident."

From what I saw it looked like he got in the marbles on cold tires and went way high and got bitched-slapped by the wall. Of course he talks to the television crews but refuses all other requests for interviews, including a one from a friend of mine, who's covering the race for one of the local dailies.

My friend later tells me that he talked to a good half-dozen racing journalists in the press center and they all thought the same thing. He lost it.

To me Lazier has been nothing but a paper champion of that once great race. If not for the split, Lazier would be back in Colorado with his brother teaching people how to ski.

He'll always have an asterisk next to his name as a 500 "champion."

Methanolandbrats
05-27-05, 11:11 PM
He'll always have an asterisk next to his name as a 500 "champion."Well, let's put it this way, he was'nt the next Jack NewCity. How about a couple *****by his name. He's a tool.

Walter Zoomie
05-27-05, 11:13 PM
I gotta give him kudos for going 500 miles and winning the race with a freshly broken back. Nads of steel in my book....

Jervis Tetch 1
05-27-05, 11:15 PM
I gotta give him kudos for going 500 miles and winning the race with a freshly broken back. Nads of steel in my book....
I'll give him that, but had there been no split, he wouldn't have even made the race.

racer2c
05-27-05, 11:16 PM
Well, let's put it this way, he was'nt the next Jack NewCity. How about a couple *****by his name. He's a tool.

Oh god, don't get 'em started on JV. There's a card carrying club here who think he's a bad as Larry Lazier.

racer2c
05-27-05, 11:18 PM
I'll give him that, but had there been no split, he wouldn't have even made the race.

agreed, that's the point.

Peter Venkman
05-27-05, 11:38 PM
Someone just today said that Capn' Liverspots thinks Lazier is going to take it.

I'm serious.

mexican
05-27-05, 11:59 PM
paraphrazing...

"if you look at the telemetry you can see where the torque changed and the car got squiggly and the steering input and... I just got into the wall"

more paraphrazing...

"a bad rehearsal makes for a good peformance"

I remember being one of the most fervorous (is that a word?) fans (antagonists) back in the days of the 505 and the 497.5 version I and the 497.5 version II.

10 years... it's over... nothing at all to salvage

after so many years of waiting I am done, no desire for the 500, be it IRL in charge or CCWS.

if by any stroke of the imagination Champcars do run there again, it will take me AT LEAST 10 years to return me to my previous level of "fandom"

it's not worth the effort, my TIVO is set for next week, whether I'm in front of the TV or not

Brickman
05-28-05, 12:52 AM
That Buddy Lazier, a former "champion*" crashes on his warm-up lap during Carb Day and his team reports that something "snapped" on his car leading to his Turn 4 "incident."

From what I saw it looked like he got in the marbles on cold tires and went way high and got bitched-slapped by the wall. Of course he talks to the television crews but refuses all other requests for interviews, including a one from a friend of mine, who's covering the race for one of the local dailies.

My friend later tells me that he talked to a good half-dozen racing journalists in the press center and they all thought the same thing. He lost it.

To me Lazier has been nothing but a paper champion of that once great race. If not for the split, Lazier would be back in Colorado with his brother teaching people how to ski.

He'll always have an asterisk next to his name as a 500 "champion."

You could see sparks on the TV replay before he went into the wall, and since he didn't back in I would say something broke.

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 01:48 AM
I'll give him that, but had there been no split, he wouldn't have even made the race.Don't be so sure. He made it in before the split, though if he made it he would have had virtually no chance in hell of winning.

Even though his win was mostly due to a pathetic field, if you are going to suggest he deserves an asterix, then dare I suggest Tracy should get one for his 2003 championship... :thumdown:

Hot Rod Otis
05-28-05, 08:30 AM
Oh god, don't get 'em started on JV. There's a card carrying club here who think he's a bad as Larry Lazier.

How'd Jacques do this morning @ the European GP qualies?

chop456
05-28-05, 08:34 AM
:laugh:

racer2c
05-28-05, 10:47 AM
...and here they come...please present your card at the door...no re-entrance upon exit.

:gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
05-28-05, 10:51 AM
Yeah you haters, he outqualified Sato! :gomer: :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 11:26 AM
Yeah you haters, he outqualified Sato! :gomer: :gomer:Werd. The haters don't know Checque$ has got enough gas to get him thru the Turkish GP. :gomer:

TroyM1
05-29-05, 12:11 AM
I wonder if Tom Carnagie announced over the PA that something broke. I remember when Sarah Fisher crashed on year and old Tom was quick to bellow to everyone that something broke and it wasn't her fault. They never do that for anyone else.