PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR's green-white-checkered has nothing on MIPS!

devilmaster
05-27-05, 10:02 PM
After Jeff Simmons, Nick Bussell and Marco Andretti crashed in the fourth turn of lap 37, it appeared the race would end under caution. But IRL officials decided to throw a green and checkered flag at the same time as the pace car pulled off the track in the fourth turn.

That created a drag race to the finish, with just a quarter-lap used to decide the outcome. A full lap is the standard in auto racing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWEwdHMwBF9TAzk1ODYyNzM3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=indy500infinitipro&prov=st&type=lgns

sheesh.

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 10:16 PM
I can only hope they do something that stupid on Sunday.

Opposite Lock
05-27-05, 10:17 PM
Jaime Camara wins bizarre IRL Infiniti Pro Series race

May 27, 2005
By Bruce Martin SportsTicker Contributing Editor

BROOOCE!

High Sided
05-27-05, 10:26 PM
i watched the race and couldn't get over the sound of the engines, they sounded more like my 5hp gas powered air compressor. they were going 189mph., how fast do you think the atlantics would run at indy? Mario didn't seem to thrilled with marco's lynn st. james move to avoid the wreck, the spinning car didn't even get into his racing line. then the green flag comes out when they are in turn 3? a new tradition for ims in the making. :shakehead

Opposite Lock
05-27-05, 10:30 PM
wash your hands.

Methanolandbrats
05-27-05, 10:36 PM
wash your hands.Hell, I thought they'd be too blistered to post again.

cart7
05-27-05, 10:52 PM
I understand the winner hit the wall while doing celebratory donuts. :rofl:

Derek was announcing the race and apparently described them more like croissants. :laugh: