PDA

View Full Version : It's not made up it's real

trauma1
05-27-05, 10:43 AM
and Barnhart said they were unable to lift off, from Ar1
http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2005Misc/airborne.jpg

Napoleon
05-27-05, 10:47 AM
From the looks of the grandstands the photograph must have been taken during the last IRL event there.

lone_groover
05-27-05, 10:49 AM
I like it. Toyoda's getting bold, taking chances! They could have just waited for this whole airborne crapwagon deal to blow over. But NOOOOO, they're launcing their campaign early.....getting in on the ground floor.

:saywhat:

:gomer:

devilmaster
05-27-05, 10:50 AM
wow.... why waste all that money on a vertical launch tower?!?

Put a small piece of debris in front of the car....

pchall
05-27-05, 10:59 AM
wow.... why waste all that money on a vertical launch tower?!?

Put a small piece of debris in front of the car....

You are too damned cruel... :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
05-27-05, 11:08 AM
That has to phtoshopped, come on, after what happed to Renna not to mention Mario and others, that is not a good ad campaign. Did Toyota really do that? I know it implies the POS is a rocket, but rockets do fly.

Spicoli
05-27-05, 11:24 AM
its NOT a photoshop.

Its just more bad decision making from the Gomerati. :shakehead

Renna's family should be pissed beyond containment. :flame:

Turn7
05-27-05, 11:35 AM
What goes up, must come down.

or

Indy Bank building successfully deflected a direct attack from a Gforce SCUD missle launched from IMS today.

and Barnhart said they were unable to lift off, from Ar1
http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2005Misc/airborne.jpg

http://www.wfbq.com/timages/photo/WFBQ-FM_127146_13.jpg

trauma1
05-27-05, 11:51 AM
yeah that's real smart. hang you driver from a cable over the side of a building!!!!!!!!! just WTF are they thinking, or are they :shakehead

Spicoli
05-27-05, 11:53 AM
That's my building!

Just talked to one of the German guys (who noticed my MB/West/McLaren shirt in the elevator) and they do this all over the world.

Said they did it in Hong Kong, did it in Malasia (off the big twin toweers there) and other places. Real car, no enginge or trans obviously)...

Too bad only about 30 people showed up for it. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 12:20 PM
yeah that's real smart. hang you driver from a cable over the side of a building!!!!!!!!! just WTF are they thinking, or are they :shakehead

Have you considered the possibility that it might be a dummy? In fact, I'm willing to bet you might be related to it.

Napoleon
05-27-05, 12:23 PM
Have you considered the possibility that it might be a dummy?

:rofl: :rofl:

REALLY!!

trauma1
05-27-05, 12:59 PM
Have you considered the possibility that it might be a dummy? In fact, I'm willing to bet you might be related to it.'
it's your blow up ballon, you know know that. so no relation of mine.

stuntmen from the Jochen Schwiezer event agency based in Munich, Germany , “walked” down the side of the building. Martin Kersten climbed in the cockpit, but where was he expecting to drive? Well, the car does have front and rear wings

Racing Truth
05-27-05, 01:01 PM
Have you considered the possibility that it might be a dummy? In fact, I'm willing to bet you might be related to it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 01:02 PM
'
it's your blow up ballon, you know know that. so no relation of mine.

stuntmen from the Jochen Schwiezer event agency based in Munich, Germany , “walked” down the side of the building. Martin Kersten climbed in the cockpit, but where was he expecting to drive? Well, the car does have front and rear wings

So would you like to tell me which Target car that Jochen Schwiezer drives, since they were so crazy for sending one of their drivers down a skyscraper? :saywhat:

trauma1
05-27-05, 01:04 PM
So would you like to tell me which Target car that Jochen Schwiezer drives, since they were so crazy for sending one of their drivers down a skyscraper? :saywhat:
so it's not one of the drivers, so quit busting my balls

Dr. Corkski
05-27-05, 01:06 PM
Have you considered the possibility that it might be a dummy? In fact, I'm willing to bet you might be related to it.:rofl:

dando
05-27-05, 01:12 PM
Must be an ad for TMS in a coupla weeks... :gomer:

-Kevin

theunions
05-27-05, 01:54 PM
Back to the original ad...why did they bother to Photoshop "WAY" out of "PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY?" :confused:

cameraman
05-27-05, 02:30 PM
Back to the original ad...why did they bother to Photoshop "WAY" out of "PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY?" :confused:

Trademark issue perhaps. They might have had to pay royalties if they used the full name.

Racewriter
05-27-05, 02:34 PM
The ad is on the back cover of the current Autoweek (just got it in the mail), but doesn't have the "One way or another, it's gonna get airborne" text. Partially real, partial photoshop IMO.

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 02:43 PM
The ad is on the back cover of the current Autoweek (just got it in the mail), but doesn't have the "One way or another, it's gonna get airborne" text. Partially real, partial photoshop IMO.

Yeah I thought the airborne line looked photoshopped. Should've known better than to expect Mark C. to have any sort of journalistic integrity. :rolleyes: :thumdown:

theunions
05-27-05, 04:44 PM
Trademark issue perhaps. They might have had to pay royalties if they used the full name.

Why not just delete the whole thing then, or at least what you could see of "PHOENIX?"

And you can still read "...ix International Raceway" on the press box...

cameraman
05-27-05, 04:47 PM
Why not just delete the whole thing then, or at least what you could see of "PHOENIX?"

And you can still read "...ix International Raceway" on the press box...

You are looking for logic among advertising people who think a crapwagon on a rocket gantry is cool :rolleyes:

Tim
05-27-05, 04:51 PM

Probably the same one as Beau Brandenburg.

TRDfan
05-27-05, 10:45 PM
I can't stand that "rocketship" ad. Knowing how often the cars go airborne, it's just not right.

Have you seen the ones with Patreek "cruising to victory" in a Cheeber-mobile ?

Jervis Tetch 1
05-27-05, 10:57 PM
:thumbup:
I can't stand that "rocketship" ad. Knowing how often the cars go airborne, it's just not right.

Have you seen the ones with Patreek "cruising to victory" in a Cheeber-mobile ?

rabbit
05-28-05, 12:59 AM
Renna's family should be pissed beyond containment. :flame:
That's exactly what I was thinking. :shakehead

stroker
05-28-05, 02:57 PM
They better pray none of the TCGR get in the fence this weekend...