http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9036

cameraman
05-26-05, 05:05 PM
"Whatever it takes to build this series, Kevin and I are going to do it,"

Gerald Forsythe

:thumbup:

racer2c
05-26-05, 05:49 PM
"I understand Tony (George) told a lot of potential sponsors they'd be running at Long Beach in 2006 and the reality is that we march quietly, steadily along minding our own business," said Kalkhoven.

SurfaceUnits
05-26-05, 06:35 PM
So that's why ReUNifcation is all of a sudden important. Or maybe, all the earlers will take part in the Long Beach marathon. yeah, that's it. :cry:

oddlycalm
05-27-05, 10:18 PM
Bluster and empty predictions (soon proved false) doesn't get anyone very far in business deals.

We should also recall some of the minor victories along the way such as calling the EARL's bluff in Portland. In one fell swoop KK & Co. retained the event for CCWS, got a new multi-year contract with favorable terms, made certain the EARL would never be able to get another meeting with the Portland organizers, and silenced all of TG's shills in the community and media. :thumbup: It also served notice to promoters and race organizers that these guys were not just CART warmed over and these are not people who will allow themselves to be pressured or outflanked.

oc

cart7
05-28-05, 08:11 AM
Tony and his IMS bunch are clearly mismatched which, along with an impending internal earl engine and team funding meltdown, is probably fueling TG's sudden need for unification.

I've heard previous (2 years ago) that those rumours about the Mari and the sisters cutting Tony's earl expense account off weren't rumours at all. I'll bet Tony is faced with some substantial IMS support for teams to make car counts next season and the next.

As we've always said here, T & H don't need to leave to F the .1rl up royally. Merely diverting the huge $$ in support to teams via free engines is all it will take. We'll find out quickly that Target, 7-11, Jim Beam, etc. aren't providing enough money to field half the cars on the grid.

Winston Wolfe
05-28-05, 11:22 AM
Tony and his IMS bunch are clearly mismatched which, along with an impending internal earl engine and team funding meltdown, is probably fueling TG's sudden need for unification.

C-7, I hear ya.

Business acumen ? KK and GF have a track record which shows their long term slow approach to rebuilding CCWS. FTG ? He has a "soup of the day" idea where the vision changes regularly.
Product ? to real fans, CCWS has the better product, but it needs to be refreshed.
Fans ? Passionate on both side, but more have turned out for fewer races thus far this year for CCWS, but domestic TC ratings for both are low.
Unification ?
FTG has shown his colors in years past and I dont believe he has changed one iota.... he's got the sandbox but nobody wants to play with him, they think they HAVE to....
KK and GF are smart business men, who have made calculated decisions to grow, strengthen, and promote their business in one year sine the BK hearings. I think they can continue to make equally good decisions without the encumberance of the I500 albatross.... wait until TG comes to them, on their ground, before anyone makes any sacrifices..... cuz that is what they will be, sacrifices. Too many others have picked up the phone first, and FTG has been in a position of strength up until now....
Make FTG pick up the phone and initiate contact.
Like it or not, the pre-95 version of CART was pretty damn strong, with drivers, engines, teams, and tracks..... it'll never be the same.

Gary
05-28-05, 11:33 AM
Like it or not, the pre-95 version of CART was pretty damn strong, with drivers, engines, teams, and tracks..... it'll never be the same.Winston, I not so sure I agree with you. Look at the strength of the pre IRL Cart era, despite the mediocre management? Then imagine the possibilities for ChampCar if the I500 were turned over to the Kalkhoven Krew?
____
Gary

Winston Wolfe
05-28-05, 06:07 PM
Winston, I not so sure I agree with you. Look at the strength of the pre IRL Cart era, despite the mediocre management? Then imagine the possibilities for ChampCar if the I500 were turned over to the Kalkhoven Krew?
____
Gary

Gary, "imagine" if FTG took that helicopter "ride". Game over !
As long as FTG is around, there aint gonna be no "turn over" to KK and crew.
JMHO.

TorontoWorker
05-28-05, 07:40 PM
I've heard previous (2 years ago) that those rumours about the Mari and the sisters cutting Tony's earl expense account off weren't rumours at all. I'll bet Tony is faced with some substantial IMS support for teams to make car counts next season and the next.

Yes I heard these rumours about the same time but could never get anymore info about it. Does anyone have an update. Is he in court from a family member or not?

Jervis Tetch 1
05-30-05, 03:03 PM
I've heard the same thing.

NismoZ
05-30-05, 03:18 PM
Heck, KK doesn't have to own or run the show at IMS, FTG can continue to do that, in fact he should. He is finally beginning to understand that "his" race will begin to grow and prosper with a merger/unification of some sort. I won't separate the I500 from the desire for a more prosperous openwheel racing series. A stronger series AND a stronger 500? Fine by me. Now, about those technical specs... :laugh: