PDA

View Full Version : France Family goes shopping

extramundane
05-26-05, 04:16 PM
Looks like they're about to confirm (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3637570) what everyone outside of Marion County already knew: that USAC is the road to NASCAR, not Indy:

The France family has become the top motorsports power in America, controlling the majority of racing and major tracks where NASCAR, IRL, ARCA and, starting in 2006, USAC's Silver Crown Series compete. [...] Reports say a partnership with -- or a purchase of -- USAC is in the works.

coolhand
05-26-05, 04:38 PM
Were is Tony to protect the traditional oval racing pedigree?

Gnam
05-26-05, 04:45 PM
However, NASCAR has listened to the concerns and delayed Toyota's advances from the truck series to Cup. NASCAR also has pressured Toyota to remain in IRL rather than moving lock, stock car and barrel to NASCAR but for different reasons -- it would deplete the strength of the IRL, which runs eight of its 17 races at International Speedway Corp. tracks, which the France family also controls.
Say what?

coolhand
05-26-05, 04:52 PM
Say what?

it makes sense that NASCAR fears a strong openwheel racing series. They dont make money off the IRL, they just want toyota to prop it up and continue the split. :shakehead

cameraman
05-26-05, 04:53 PM
Does the IRL rent the ovals from ISC? I can't imagine that they turn a profit on those races if they are paying the IRL a sanctioning fee. :confused:

coolhand
05-26-05, 05:00 PM
Does the IRL rent the ovals from ISC? I can't imagine that they turn a profit on those races if they are paying the IRL a sanctioning fee. :confused:

i dont know. even if they do rent them, it would cost them a pretty penny in order for ISC to think they make enough money to force Toyota out of cup racing.

with this NASCAR/ISC crap i am surprised noone can slap an anti-trust suit on them yet. they are manipulating the racing scene in America and there should be plenty of evidence.

SpeedQueen
05-26-05, 05:10 PM
Looks like they're about to confirm (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3637570) what everyone outside of Marion County already knew: that USAC is the road to NASCAR, not Indy:

Oh we knew it ... some were just trying to stop it. Obviously, it didn't work. Why is tg's empire all over the usac front page ?
:saywhat:

Is there anything ELSE he could possibly **** up ? :rolleyes:

I think this is my first post here, have been lurking, pardon the outburst on take off... expletives... this sux out loud.

coolhand
05-26-05, 05:16 PM
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59833

silence on the other side of the fence :rofl:

Mike Kellner
05-26-05, 05:49 PM
All part of the Vision. You guys are just too dumb, and filled with hate to realize that it is all part of a long range plan to save traditional open wheel racing from NASCAR.

Luckily we have Tony to save us.

mk

indyfan31
05-26-05, 07:20 PM
So, in essence, the only thing propping up the IRL is NASCAR? Irony's a beautiful thing when done right.
This is akin to when Bill Gates made a loan to Steve Jobs to keep Apple alive.

cameraman
05-26-05, 07:28 PM
Looks like the IRL is destined to be a support race in the early morning before the speedway cab races...

CART T. Katz
05-26-05, 08:28 PM
So, in essence, the only thing propping up the IRL is NASCAR?

let's say strongly influence if this is indeed true:

However, NASCAR has listened to the concerns and delayed Toyota's advances from the truck series to Cup. NASCAR also has pressured Toyota to remain in IRL rather than moving lock, stock car and barrel to NASCAR but for different reasons -- it would deplete the strength of the IRL, which runs eight of its 17 races at International Speedway Corp. tracks, which the France family also controls.