PDA

View Full Version : Lap of Laguna Seca

Wheel-Nut
05-26-05, 02:13 PM
in a G-A car. :thumbup:

http://www.speedtv.com/pontiac/gallery_items.php?video_id=472

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 02:15 PM
I'm not clear about who sponsored that, was it Suntrust?

Wheel-Nut
05-26-05, 02:21 PM

:laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-05, 02:21 PM

So what compelled you to watch it? :D

RichK
05-26-05, 03:00 PM
So what compelled you to watch it? :D

I watched it to see the lap time. Looks like a Star Mazda lap time, plus or minus a second or two.

racer2c
05-26-05, 03:09 PM
Neat video. Thanks for sharing. Although, I must say, I've been spending about an hour an evening racing exotics around Laguna myself in Forza. A bit more fun than watching a video. ;) And it's 'exact' (I still haven't hit the corkscrew as well as I think I can'.

Although, I prefer RA.

I'll post a thread in the community forum to talk about Forza and post some screenies.

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 03:23 PM
So what compelled you to watch it? :DI have no idea, I only watched a couple corners before waves of nausea forced me to close it.

Gnam
05-26-05, 03:25 PM
Neat video. Thanks for sharing. Although, I must say, I've been spending about an hour an evening racing exotics around Laguna myself in Forza. A bit more fun than watching a video. ;) And it's 'exact' (I still haven't hit the corkscrew as well as I think I can'.

Although, I prefer RA.

I'll post a thread in the community forum to talk about Forza and post some screenies.
Does Forza have the pedestrian bridge in its new position just below the corkscrew, or is it still over turn 9?

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-05, 04:38 PM
I believe it is still over T9, as they have the Rahal Straight sign and a few other things that weren't evident in that in-car video.

I have no idea, I only watched a couple corners before waves of nausea forced me to close it.

Cars too fast for you? That's ok, I'm sure 7th grade girls soccer is easier to follow. :D

extramundane
05-26-05, 05:00 PM
I believe it is still over T9, as they have the Rahal Straight sign and a few other things that weren't evident in that in-car video.

Cars too fast for you? That's ok, I'm sure 7th grade girls soccer is easier to follow. :D

You have no idea how hard it is for me not to respond here...

;)

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 06:14 PM
Does Forza have the pedestrian bridge in its new position just below the corkscrew, or is it still over turn 9?It's still over turn 9 in the game. I don't even think work on the new bridge was completed by the time the game was released.

RichK
05-26-05, 06:25 PM
Lots of new changes at Laguna for the MotoGP race:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/laguna-construction-05/1/

Just got my tickets and paddock passes in the mail! :cool: :cool: :cool:

coolhand
05-26-05, 06:34 PM
Lots of new changes at Laguna for the MotoGP race:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/laguna-construction-05/1/

Just got my tickets and paddock passes in the mail! :cool: :cool: :cool:

to bad CCWS is not their to piggyback on motoGps improvments to the track :thumdown:

We are going to race at the legendary Ansan track instead in front of a bunch of Koreans who wont know what a race is at the start and finish of the race.

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 06:36 PM

Cars too fast for you? That's ok, I'm sure 7th grade girls soccer is easier to follow. :D Cars too fast for me? No, not interested in those cars.
Soccer easier to follow? Wrong.

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 06:37 PM
to bad CCWS is not their to piggyback on motoGps improvments to the track :thumdown:

We are going to race at the legendary Ansan track instead in front of a bunch of Koreans who wont know what a race is at the start and finish of the race.You just don't know what Ansan means.

coolhand
05-26-05, 06:38 PM
You just don't know what Ansan means.

true true :shakehead

Winston Wolfe
05-26-05, 06:49 PM

Its too far east of Santa Fe for anyone to really care, right ? :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 12:18 AM
Cars too fast for me? No, not interested in those cars.

Interested enough to click the link...

:D

Fio1
05-27-05, 12:45 AM

If you have to pay $6,500 for the SpeedTV incar camara to be in your car, you might as well put your name clearly on the deal so everyone can see it & justify spending the extra money, no? BTW, anyone notice the huge mistake he made in T5? The apex was over there, bro. I can't believe how much faster that car is then the other DP's. You notice it up the hill going to the corkscrew.

Gnam
05-27-05, 01:56 AM
I can't believe how much faster that car is then the other DP's. You notice it up the hill going to the corkscrew.
Yeah, that couldn't have been a DP car 'cause they're all equal and what not. Also no crashin' bashin' or smashin' goin' on. ;)

Still, a lap around Laguna is enjoyable in almost any ride. :thumbup:

FCYTravis
05-27-05, 02:32 AM
DO U DEVELOPMENT TIME

SunTrust do.

Sorta like how in Champ Car's equal Lolas and spec Cosworths, Newman-Haas keeps kicking everyone's ass.

If you know more about the car, you'll just be faster.

emjaya
05-27-05, 10:00 AM
Thanks,I enjoyed that.:D

Fio1
05-27-05, 10:11 AM
Also no crashin' bashin' or smashin' goin' on. ;)

Hey man, rubbing is racing, unless you are driving a Porsche and getting lapped by Matteo Bobbi..... :laugh: :thumdown:

FCYTravis
05-27-05, 12:10 PM
Oh yeah, and THESE CARS DON'T FLY.

Just their noses do :laugh:

Racing Truth
05-27-05, 01:05 PM

:laugh: :gomer:

oddlycalm
05-27-05, 02:17 PM
We are going to race at the legendary Ansan track instead in front of a bunch of Koreans who wont know what a race is at the start and finish of the race. I understand the frustration but you have it backwards. It's people in the US that don't know jack about racing, let alone proper race cars. In the rest of the world, including Korea, the average person is much more up to speed and F1 is huge. In fact, that's the exact reason for CCWS having to go to other countries in the first place as that's where the paying audience is currently located. The majority of the people that do watch "racing" in the US want to see Bubba Circlejerk driving a 3500lb pig iron poker that was technically current in 1963. :shakehead

oc