PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Won't play with me! :-(

tllips
05-26-05, 08:48 AM
Ed Hinton's article in the Chicago trib (Sub req'd) (Maybe someone knows a non-subscription site to read it) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0505260168may26,1,6195740.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed), the Whiner is complaining that Daddy spends more time with Newman-Haas than me. :cry:

Michael Andretti is happier now than he ever was as a driver. He only wishes his legendary father would share more in his joy.

"I thought blood was thicker than water," Michael Andretti said. "I always want him to be a part of this team in some way. And he does everything he can not to be, because of the politics. And I'm disappointed in that. I won't lie."

Mario does show up to watch his grandson drive in a steppingstone series to IndyCars, but otherwise shuns IRL weekends other than for the 500 itself.

"He comes to this race, and he has been coming around because of Marco as well," Andretti said. "But he purposely tries to keep his hands off.

"He spends more time with Newman-Haas [here] than he does with this team. :thumbup:

"I guess he's happy for me," Andretti said, and sighed. "It's so obvious where the potential for open-wheel racing is. If he got behind it and supported it, that would help so much. And he's just not looking at it that way. He's still 10 years ago. He's mad at [Speedway owner and IRL founder Tony George] for this, he's mad at Tony for that.

"Well, you know what? I was mad at one point at Tony too."

Michael Andretti sat out five Indy 500s because of the CART boycott.

"But now I see where he's going," Andretti said. "He has changed his thoughts. He's doing a lot. Tony's the only thing that's going to save open-wheel racing."

Sunday's race is not a sellout, and TV ratings have dropped in recent years to 4.1, less than half the audience of NASCAR's showcase race, the Daytona 500.

Yet the Indy 500 is stronger in sheer competition than it has been in years, Andretti says.

In the glory days CART provided the backbone of the 33-car field.

"[But] there used to be only 10 cars that could win this race, and the rest were fillers," Andretti said. "Now we have 25 cars that can win this race, and the rest are fillers. The depth of this field is unbelievable." :shakehead

Man, that Kool-Aid sure is strong.

Jag_Warrior
05-26-05, 08:59 AM
Not so much here, but on other boards, some have questioned Mario's loyalty to CCWS. Some have said that maybe Mario was going over to the dark side. Michael's whining seems to indicate they're wrong.

Unless human remains were found in my freezer, I can't imagine my dad not supporting what I've done. This proves to me that Mario is ALL about the sport. Michael... who knows what he's about - and who cares?!

Mario Andretti :thumbup:

trauma1
05-26-05, 09:15 AM
Mario needs to beat the boy, what a Dick, Hey FMA wait till the yen dries up.

KLang
05-26-05, 09:20 AM
Mario has been pretty quiet this year. I'm really glad he hasn't gone to the dark side. :thumbup:

Tony's the only thing that's going to save open-wheel racing.

I can't decide if I should :laugh: or :cry: . I can't believe I used to be a fan of that fool. :mad:

Newtpal
05-26-05, 09:22 AM
Michael... who knows what he's about - and who cares?!

Mario Andretti :thumbup:

Michael is all about the money. I can't believe the crap he was pushing about Tony being able to save open wheel racing. Hey Mikey, he's the one that destroyed it!

:thumbup: to Mario. Maybe he's more loyal to ChampCar then I gave him credit for.

Don Quixote
05-26-05, 09:26 AM
Mikey's slide to oblivion and irrelevance has already started. In a few years they will be doing one of those "whatever happened to so and so" stories about him. The way he has treated people his entire life is sure to come back. His comments regarding his dad indicate an unbelievable level of cluelessness about what is important in life. He can't be miserable enough in my mind. :shakehead

racer2c
05-26-05, 09:56 AM
Mikey is officially the "Dumbest, Most Gullible Man Alive".

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 10:06 AM
I always hated that whining dickhead, even in the CART days when he'd climb out of the latest car he broke, suck on that waterbottle and piss and moan. Whaaa, whaaaa, whaaaaa :cry:

Michaelhatesfans
05-26-05, 10:07 AM
"But now I see where he's going...."
"[But] there used to be only 10 cars that could win this race..."

Butbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbu tbutbut.... :laugh:

What a douchebag. :shakehead

Turn7
05-26-05, 10:21 AM
What a goober.

My Dad would knock the snot out of my sniveling face if I made a pansy of myself like that in public.

Im 37 and he is 60; your Dad will always be able to kick your ass and Mario should knock some sense back in to that cry baby. :cry:

SurfaceUnits
05-26-05, 10:53 AM
Hey mikey, hoosier daddy? :gomer:

ChampCar#3
05-26-05, 11:10 AM
I can't even remember any instance in my life that I would show my dad that much disrespect in public!

Michael Andretti is such a loser!!

BTW....his ex-wife had better taste in hats than she did in men!!!

rabbit
05-26-05, 11:14 AM
BTW....his ex-wife had better taste in hats than she did in men!!!
:rofl:

spinner26
05-26-05, 11:27 AM
Is he still married to the miss fitness chick?

BTW, mikey, you suc balls! You dad is the reason you were able to do what you did before you ruined the family name. Hopefully Marco has more class. :shakehead :saywhat:

devilmaster
05-26-05, 11:42 AM
Hmm, I guess between danica and letterman, he wasn't getting enough press....

Michael, yer an idiot.

Mario - this is what Tonyitis is. Your son has it. Pray for him, because it may be incurable.

Al Czervik
05-26-05, 11:43 AM
"Before Michael even reached major racing, Mario already had won Indy, the Daytona 500 in 1967 and the Formula One world championship. The shadow was overwhelming.

"Because I grew up that way, I wanted to make sure Marco wouldn't feel that way." <Ed Hinton>

I know the Whiner doesn't mean it to sound this way, but it sure reads like "I sucked for my kid's sake."

TFF

Spicoli
05-26-05, 11:59 AM
That little ********er needs to be beat about the head.

It's not politics, its about you being a ****ing whore you a******* son of a bitch Gotti wannabe ****tard.

pchall
05-26-05, 12:03 PM

Mikey will replace Foyt as the official IRL dumbass after Sammich retires. But only if the IRL lasts that long.

BTW, I personally blame Sandy Andretti with her gold flake platform shoes and bad hat and earring choices for the ratings decline for openwheel racing in the early nineties.

Her shots on ABC's dreaded "wife cam" were scary!!!

Chief
05-26-05, 12:04 PM
FMA is co******** mo**********! :flame:

The idiot specializes in burning bridges. Issue the CCWS ban NOW.

Turn7
05-26-05, 12:06 PM
Mikey will replace Foyt as the official IRL dumbass after Sammich retires.

An opportunity that Lil' Al squandered away with his worldly habits.

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters out there that booze and wimminz will end up getting doors closed on you when you can't moderate it.

:p

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 12:08 PM
FMA is co******** mo**********! :flame:

The idiot specializes in burning bridges. Issue the CCWS ban NOW.
He'll be back, FMA Jr. has to run somewhere in a couple years.

RichK
05-26-05, 12:13 PM
I can't even remember any instance in my life that I would show my dad that much disrespect in public!

No kidding.

I liked this part too:
the CART boycott :shakehead

lone_groover
05-26-05, 12:14 PM
Chump wants to be Gotti, but he comes off more as Bacigalupe.

Punk-a$$ sucka........ :thumdown:

JT265
05-26-05, 12:22 PM
Tony's the only thing that's going to save open-wheel racing

Sorry FMA, Tony couldn't profitably and successfully run a concession of two-hole pay s**thouses at a convention of Ex-Lax distributors.

What a waste of swarthy skin.

RacinM3
05-26-05, 12:31 PM
Amazing....if I and my father were in the public eye, and people were asking me about a rift between us, I'd certainly have the class to say "no comment, everything is fine".

Some things should stay in the family.

Ozarkian
05-26-05, 01:30 PM
Mario's dilemma: whether to hang with Paul Newman or the whiniest offspring on this planet ...

To put Jackie Gleason's words in Mario's mouth: "Boy, you cannot be the product of my loins ..."

theunions
05-26-05, 01:58 PM
Mario's dilemma: whether to hang with Paul Newman or the whiniest offspring on this planet ...

Newman isn't there though (remember the article specified "this month")...

TorontoWorker
05-26-05, 03:59 PM
Tough room! :laugh: Gotta agree with all of you however. He's made his own bed and now he has to lie in it and he just noticed all the icky wet stains... :eek:

coolhand
05-26-05, 04:10 PM
The question about Mario's loyality is an interesting one.

This article demonstrates that he is not a supporter of the IRL.

But since the Amigos took over CCWS Mario has been silient and non-existent on our side. It may be to not ever being properly introduced to the new leadership or maybe he does not like them. He may support the CC cause but has lost his ties to the series.

there should be an active pursuit of his pres3ence being rekindled with the series.

another way to piss of Michael even more.

DjDrOmusic
05-26-05, 04:21 PM
I'm cueing up "Daddy wasn't there" from Austin Powers-Goldmember for Mikey right now!! Should have learned more from Dad during your career Mikey, things like class and dignity!!

JohnHKart
05-26-05, 06:27 PM

And owner of the ugliest crapwagon lookalike house on the planet!

John

Andrew Longman
05-26-05, 07:36 PM
Newman isn't there though (remember the article specified "this month")...
He said Mario is hanging with NewmanHaas (the team) not his team. Since Paul is not there it means he sees more joy and value in spending time with Junky, Seebass, and the crew than his son and his operation. THAT's a slap.

Mario has not specifically aligned himself with the CCWS, I think, because he knows his value can remain highest if he is above the fray. He can be clear that he thinks TG has screwed this thing up, but he is more effective if he doesn't also say the CCWS has got it all right. A good diplomat doesn't take sides in public.

Mikey clearly doesn't understand and accept this. He thinks things would be so much better for him and the IRL if his Dad was on board. Years back, here in the Lehigh Valley, Mickey never made a public appearance without his Dad. The Andretti's were their own combined PR machine. Obviously Mickey got used to that and is a bit off balance without his Dad.

I can't disagree with anything anyone has said here about Mickey. He's got it all wrong. But I'm going to cut him so slack, if for no other reason but pity for him and sympathy for his Dad. MA grew up learning well how to race. He never got the public side of racing right. Nazareth is a nice enough little town, but the area is not the most sophisitcated place on the planet. He grew up the big shot among a lot of hick trash and never learned the lessons of character that his father's upbringing created.

For Mario's sake, he must be very disappointed in his son and that must be very painful. It may explain his great interest in Marco. As a father I sympathize and he doesn't need me to remind him of his disappointment

RTKar
05-26-05, 08:02 PM
Ought to take him fishing like they did Fredo.

Jag_Warrior
05-26-05, 08:30 PM
Ought to take him fishing like they did Fredo.

:rofl:

matthole
05-26-05, 08:32 PM
Maybe someone knows a non-subscription site to read it

Yep. (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/motorracing/sfl-indy26may26,0,701660.story?coll=sfla-sports-motorracing) :)

Mikey is such a tard. Wonder what's gonna 'save' things when the yen goes rushing out of earl station.

CART T. Katz
05-26-05, 08:32 PM
entire article for those who won't bother sub'ing

or not (see above)

dando
05-26-05, 08:36 PM
I honestly hope the family luck continues @ Indy this year and beyond. What a POS, Kool-Aid guzzling, goose-stepping, mother ****ing :gomer:! Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, and FMA! Never liked the sumbitch evar!! :flame:

-Kevin

jcollins28
05-26-05, 09:12 PM
I bet Scott Peterson's dad is more proud of his son then Mario is of his....

Someone in the merger thread talked about letting this A-hole back in CHAMP CAR once the EARL keels over. If Whiney is let back in I will never watch another CHAMP CAR race EVER! To hell with this guy and his self serving ego.

nrc
05-26-05, 09:30 PM
Isn't it obvious, Mikey? Mario is afraid that you'll smother him in his sleep if Honda writes you a big enough check.

oddlycalm
05-26-05, 09:32 PM
Here at Indy, "He spends more time with Newman-Haas than he does with this team," Ya suppose there might be a message in that Mikey...? What a dope. I feel sorry for Mario.

oc

Ankf00
05-26-05, 09:40 PM
Let that be a lesson to you youngsters out there that booze and wimminz will end up getting doors closed on you when you can't moderate it.

:p

oh that's poppycock!

coolhand
05-26-05, 10:08 PM
I bet Scott Peterson's dad is more proud of his son then Mario is of his....

ouch :o

jcollins28
05-26-05, 10:16 PM
ouch :o

One of the best times I have ever had at a race was busting out the bull horn at Fontana and letting this tosser have it as he went on his parade lap in the back of the Toyota pickup before the race. BTW I was in the infield front row backstraight so I know he heard me...lol

fourrunner
05-26-05, 10:42 PM
His "Blood is thicker than water" comment is laughable !

Mario's opinions about the split were evident long before Michael decided to defect

If that Credo were so important to him why didn't he just retire entirely .. rather than betray his Fathers principles, and by making the move to the IRL, throwing his Fathers principles in his Face. And in a most public way!

Mike is an immature, spoiled little boy that has deep seated hate for his Father and his "Character" ... something Michael will never have.

His Racing career was successful & admirable.. but NEVER was as great as his Father's ... I'm sure he resents that, and going against his Father's principles was a way of proving he could be independent

Michael is a Phsychiatrists Dream!!

racer2c
05-26-05, 10:49 PM
Isn't it obvious, Mikey? Mario is afraid that you'll smother him in his sleep if Honda writes you a big enough check.

ouch! Good one! :thumbup: :)

IlliniRacer
05-26-05, 11:26 PM
Amazing....if I and my father were in the public eye, and people were asking me about a rift between us, I'd certainly have the class to say "no comment, everything is fine".

Some things should stay in the family.

Yep. :thumbup:
If I bad mouthed by dad in public, even though he's severly arthritic, he'd still whip my a$$. Of course, I love my dad and have the utmost respect for him so I would never have to be in that situation.

Might be time for Mario to get the belt out and explain a few things to Jr.

fourrunner
05-26-05, 11:54 PM
Yep. :thumbup:
If I bad mouthed by dad in public, even though he's severly arthritic, he'd still whip my a$$. Of course, I love my dad and have the utmost respect for him so I would never have to be in that situation.

Might be time for Mario to get the belt out and explain a few things to Jr.

The way the Andretti/Green crew acts ... a beating with a belt would be a "turn on"

G.
05-27-05, 12:33 AM
His "Blood is thicker than water" comment is laughable !

Mario's opinions about the split were evident long before Michael decided to defect

If that Credo were so important to him why didn't he just retire entirely .. rather than betray his Fathers principles, and by making the move to the IRL, throwing his Fathers principles in his Face. And in a most public way!
This part of your post is, well, outstanding. Outstanding. :thumbup: This insight needs to be spread far and wide, in response to Hinton's article. Mario was very vocal about Androidi's decision to switch. Someone please go smack down the gomeratis at (insert your favorite gomerati site here).

This, is a bit, well, I dunno. I try not to be a hater. 'Cept for FTG.
The way the Andretti/Green crew acts ... a beating with a belt would be a "turn on" When Androidi swtched, the crew was not very cool with it, but they tried to make the best of it. Some quit, some drank the koolaid. Most didn't. JMO, and it's been a while.

(still win for the first quote. Dood.) :cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-27-05, 12:51 AM
Whatever happened to honor thy father?

FanofMario
05-27-05, 01:45 AM
I feel sorry for Mario. How could any son question a dad's loyalty? Why would you air this crap to a national outlet? Mikey is just a pathetic human being.

I also hope that those who continue to question Mario's loyalty to OW racing will just shut the f*** up too. Mario has been beaten up by some for a while for doing nothing but being a supportive father. I hope some kind of public olivebranch will be offered to Mario by the three amigos sometime. He was right 10 years ago and he is right in 2005 as to where OW should be. He is about the only genuine diplomat left in this sorry mess called OW racing. Let's give him a break!