PDA

View Full Version : Hey, wait a minute...

stroker
05-25-05, 07:37 PM
Honda already badges an Ilmore engine as theirs... What's to stop them from badging a Cosworth for '06? Seems like a small price to pay to ensure parity for the interim year until the new chassis/engines are available...?

Understand, I'd just as soon see Honda as a smoking hole in the ground, but you've got to recognize they'll have pull in whatever direction FTG goes, and that's something the Amigos will have to accommodate. It would certainly be interesting to see KK make that pitch to FRC...

:)

Andrew Longman
05-25-05, 10:22 PM
Honda already badges an Ilmore engine as theirs... What's to stop them from badging a Cosworth for '06? Seems like a small price to pay to ensure parity for the interim year until the new chassis/engines are available...?

Understand, I'd just as soon see Honda as a smoking hole in the ground, but you've got to recognize they'll have pull in whatever direction FTG goes, and that's something the Amigos will have to accommodate. It would certainly be interesting to see KK make that pitch to FRC...

:)

I'd think of it another way. TG will have to pull however Honda does unless he can find a way to dictate terms to them. CCWS has.

racer2c
05-25-05, 10:40 PM
Ford is still associated with the Cosworth deal. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clause in place to be the sole badging company. It would be strange for the same engine to be badged a Honda and a Ford, unless Ford bails.

stroker
05-26-05, 12:14 AM
You're right. I should have thought of that.

I'll go beat my head against a wall until I'm smarter.