If this isn't a serious issue, then I don't know what is. ;) :gomer: :p

racer2c
05-25-05, 03:07 PM
Maybe we'll talk racing instead of politics. :gomer:

Racing Truth
05-25-05, 03:08 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!

Sadly, I think traffic would, only temporarily, plummet.

coolhand
05-25-05, 03:15 PM

then i would probably quit this forum stuff.

soon the legions of mindless Dale Jr. type fans of champ cars would be on discussing stupid topics. I would not be able to sit and watch that.

racer2c
05-25-05, 03:37 PM

soon the legions of mindless Dale Jr. type fans of champ cars would be on discussing stupid topics. I would not be able to sit and watch that.

Legions? :gomer:

You could hate on JV. I'm sure they'd let you in the club.

TravelGal
05-25-05, 03:41 PM
:rofl: A needed a good laugh after all the serious stuff.

But, really, what WOULD happen................. ;)

coolhand
05-25-05, 03:44 PM
:rofl: A needed a good laugh after all the serious stuff.

But, really, what WOULD happen................. ;)

I would Join TF and make fun of the shills and their failed series. :thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-25-05, 03:51 PM
I don't seen any changes. The morons at Crackforum aren't going anywhere, eggcept perhaps a few roadster diehard types, and we aren't going there except to get a laugh now and then. It's not like those goofballs are suddenly going to gain intelligence because of a unified series. Wickerbill and now nrc and racegrrl have done a good job of keeping the gomer trolls away, the politics out, and as long as that continues, why would anything change very much? I would anticipate more racing threads and slightly less traffic on the Community forum, but that's about it.

oc

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 04:10 PM
We'll still be able to Villeneuve bash, and laugh at r2c's hopeless defenses to the valid criticisms. :gomer: ;)

cart7
05-25-05, 04:15 PM
Here's a subtle hint... Linkie poo (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7611)

nrc and grrl are already working on us to clean up our language so we don't upset the gomers when they merge with TF. I'm sure there's already been secret meetings with 220mph and Turn13, which they'll deny of course. I think dog-ring would be a good mod for the community forum. I'm betting he'll help cut down on SeanO's post count. :p

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:17 PM

soon the legions of mindless Dale Jr. type fans of champ cars would be on discussing stupid topics. I would not be able to sit and watch that.They are called crappies. :gomer:

dando
05-25-05, 04:20 PM
Dunno, but what in the heck will f00boy do @ 4am then? :gomer:

-Kevin

KLang
05-25-05, 04:27 PM
After observing the various forums over the last 10+ years, there is no way in heck we would ever get along in a merged environment. :saywhat:

I don't think there will be any sort of unification though. Don't we go through this every year in May? I'm looking forward to June so we can be done with this talk for another year.

Oh, and FTG! :)

coolhand
They are called crappies. :gomer:

:thumbup: :laugh:

bunch of posers, they are

Sean O'Gorman

Ouch. :thumbup:

coolhand
05-25-05, 04:28 PM
After observing the various forums over the last 10+ years, there is no way in heck we would ever get along in a merged environment. :saywhat:

I don't think there will be any sort of unification though. Don't we go through this every year in May? I'm looking forward to June so we can be done with this talk for another year.

Oh, and FTG! :)

whats the oldest CC forum still around?

KLang
05-25-05, 04:31 PM

Indystar.com is where I first started, I just checked and I'm surprised it's still there. I think there were others before that one though.

coolhand
05-25-05, 04:38 PM
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/index.php?

man that place lets the CC fans post on their IRL board :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 04:38 PM
AOL forums

Racing Truth
05-25-05, 04:40 PM

Brilliant. :laugh: :thumbup:

Spicoli
05-25-05, 04:53 PM
I'll decide what to do IF and when we get to that point.

Remember, as long as FTG is alive, we can hate on him. :) And there are others to hate on too

Cheeeeeber
Sammich
Opie
Kanose
Mikey Gotti the Whiner
Fat Cheep
Cappy Liverspots
RaHOLE
Danicle

That enough HATE targets? :gomer:

Andrew Longman
05-25-05, 04:54 PM
I'll probably get a lot more work done.

Or I can move over to Libertarian Christian forums. I've been lurking over there for a few days ever since my kids school wouldn't let an 8 year old sing a song about how "He brought judgement and wrath down on Sodom and you better be believing because he's coming back soon" at a school talent show.

Now we are getting sued. Perhaps you read about it. It made national news.

Now don't get started with me. I'd just saying that if you thought IRL/Cart forums were tough, you could move up to the big time.

Opposite Lock
05-25-05, 05:02 PM
If and when the "split" goes away, maybe we could finally devote some time to those other debates we've been putting off - like say, ALMS vs. Grand Am. :)

Spicoli
05-25-05, 05:17 PM
If and when the "split" goes away, maybe we could finally devote some time to those other debates we've been putting off - like say, ALMS vs. Grand Am. :)
:rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 05:28 PM
I'd just like to point out at this time how well I've been behaving whenever Grand-Am v. ALMS comes up...

Racing Truth
05-25-05, 05:30 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh:

JoeBob
05-25-05, 06:00 PM

The was RASI on Usenet. Some of the posters there are still around - that predates the web. And, it brought you threads like this one: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.sport.indy/browse_frm/thread/36148af4edb70ecb

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 06:07 PM
I remember RASI, but I only occasionally posted. I remember nrc being a frequent poster there.

coolhand
05-25-05, 06:27 PM
I'll probably get a lot more work done.

Or I can move over to Libertarian Christian forums. I've been lurking over there for a few days ever since my kids school wouldn't let an 8 year old sing a song about how "He brought judgement and wrath down on Sodom and you better be believing because he's coming back soon" at a school talent show.

Now we are getting sued. Perhaps you read about it. It made national news.

Now don't get started with me. I'd just saying that if you thought IRL/Cart forums were tough, you could move up to the big time.

I have frequented many religious forums, they are cut throut, dont expect anyone to have your back in those places.

coolhand
05-25-05, 06:30 PM
The was RASI on Usenet. Some of the posters there are still around - that predates the web. And, it brought you threads like this one: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.sport.indy/browse_frm/thread/36148af4edb70ecb

NRC is in that thread.

what does RASI stand for? and why is that thread hosted on google?

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 06:38 PM
NRC is in that thread.

what does RASI stand for? and why is that thread hosted on google?With all due respects to the Bossman, you are missing out on the best post:

This ain't no joke!

We are going to do this. Tony George and company seem to think our entry is worth having. They interviewed me over the phone yesterday, asked me some techie questions and some driving questions. Seems I satisfied Mr. Ward. He wished me good luck and told me the IRL was proud to have up and coming drivers like myself entering the series. Told me the indycars are no different than any other single seater, just got wings and more horsepower. Can't wait to test my machine out. Only thing is that our budget only allows one qualifying session and the race. Thanks for your support!

Racin Gardner:rofl:

Andrew Longman
05-25-05, 07:06 PM

That thread is precious OMG :rofl:

Gnam
05-25-05, 07:25 PM
This reminds me something from high school history: Once external conflicts are resolved, internal conflicts will flare up.

Peter Venkman
05-25-05, 07:37 PM

There's a "Pulitzer" in that statement.

Woundn't it be nice....

Napoleon
05-25-05, 07:40 PM

In that single thread there are 3 posters to this forum.

FCYTravis
05-25-05, 07:53 PM
Capital idea, OppositeLock! :rofl: :laugh:

FCYTravis
05-25-05, 07:55 PM
In that single thread there are 3 posters to this forum.
So which one of us is Racin Gardner? :gomer:

JoeBob
05-25-05, 07:59 PM
what does RASI stand for? and why is that thread hosted on google?

RASI = rec.autos.sport.indy

It is a USENET group. Don't know what USENET is? Find out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Kids these days... I tell ya!

coolhand
05-25-05, 08:01 PM

;)

coolhand
05-25-05, 08:02 PM
RASI = rec.autos.sport.indy

It is a USENET group. Don't know what USENET is? Find out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Kids these days... I tell ya!

interesting thanks. Its like a yahoo groups message board. its just posts that are emailed to everyone.

Napoleon
05-25-05, 08:54 PM

ME!!

datachicane
05-25-05, 09:12 PM
ME!!

And here I thought you were the Racin' Croatian!
:D

pchall
05-25-05, 09:18 PM

Like who else Dale St. Junior fires at DEI to cover up his lack of talent?

Napoleon
05-25-05, 09:28 PM

so who is to say he ws not Croatian?

pchall
05-25-05, 09:51 PM
At the end, I will only post on the OC 'Split Nostalgia' forum. :)

racer2c
05-25-05, 10:48 PM
I remember Gardner at the Speedway like it was yesterday. The camera was in his face non stop. They loved his name and the fact his dad named him that because he wanted him to be an Indy Car driver. The kid had mile high hair and sucked wind. I wonder what ever happened to him. Probably running his dads trucking biz, married to a hottie and bragging to his 'buddies' on the lake about his racing days. :gomer:

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:00 PM
I remember Gardner at the Speedway like it was yesterday. The camera was in his face non stop. They loved his name and the fact his dad named him that because he wanted him to be an Indy Car driver. The kid had mile high hair and sucked wind. I wonder what ever happened to him. Probably running his dads trucking biz, married to a hottie and bragging to his 'buddies' on the lake about his racing days. :gomer:

he has such a great resume
http://www.formulaone.free-online.co.uk/irl/drivers/rgardner/

I did a search on the name to try and find stuff and found this good stuff
http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/Crash/2004/09/29/657463?extID=10032&oliID=213

aparently racin gardner is a "legend"

OT funny pic of michel. a real pic.
http://www.theautochannel.com/images/events/indy/1996/22d.jpg

Jag_Warrior
05-25-05, 11:27 PM
AOL forums

Compuserve?

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 11:41 PM
No, the AOL Grandstand forums. Alot of great people there, I honestly think that one of them is the Todd Lewis guy who was pit reporter for the Champ Car race over the weekend.

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 05:05 AM
ME!!I always thought you were Double O Joe Gosek, but I guess Slick is close enough. :gomer:

chop456
05-26-05, 05:53 AM

My version was "The Croatian Sensation", first used by me to describe Toni Kukoc, then my Brother In Law, then Nappy.

Sloppy thirds. Ewwww. :D

Napoleon
05-26-05, 07:40 AM
My version was "The Croatian Sensation", first used by me to describe Toni Kukoc, then my Brother In Law, then Nappy.

I am sure that is a good group to be associated with, right?

Rus'L
05-26-05, 08:21 AM
I always thought you were Double O Joe Gosek, but I guess Slick is close enough. :gomer:

Careful there. No disparaging remarks about Joe Gosek. I know his brother very well.

Andrew Longman
05-26-05, 08:46 AM
Careful there. No disparaging remarks about Joe Gosek. I know his brother very well.

Yeah, and I'm always up for a little supermod action :D

Racing Truth
05-26-05, 01:25 PM
At the end, I will only post on the OC 'Split Nostalgia' forum. :)

Sadly, that would still get a ton (well, relatively) of traffic.

devilmaster
05-26-05, 04:08 PM
I'm just afraid that without the lightning rod of hate to talk about, i'm going to find out that i really don't like yous guys.... ;)

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-05, 04:44 PM
I'm just afraid that without the lightning rod of hate to talk about, i'm going to find out that i really don't like yous guys.... ;)

I dont think Spicoli is going anywhere. :D

Spicoli
05-26-05, 05:18 PM
I dont think Spicoli is going anywhere. :D

I take my hateball everywhere! :mad: :flame: :mad:

cart7
05-26-05, 05:48 PM
Shoot, there goes my post count, I just wouldn't know what to say. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-27-05, 12:43 AM
My hatred of the I*L has grown the past few years. As far as I'm concerned there's no important unification topic unless it's the removal of FTG.

TKGAngel
05-27-05, 12:43 PM
No, the AOL Grandstand forums. Alot of great people there, I honestly think that one of them is the Todd Lewis guy who was pit reporter for the Champ Car race over the weekend.

Wasn't that Paleracer? Man I haven't been on the AOL forums in a long time.

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-05, 01:05 PM
I don't know, but I wouldn't doubt it. He did alot of promotional work in CART. I'll have to do some research and find out.