PDA

View Full Version : This rumor make sense to anyone?

Tim
05-25-05, 02:44 PM
This one is too good pass up. While I was reading you know where a very pro-IRL poster says that Honda has been working on and has fired up there 2.65 V8 turbo's for the last few weeks. Why on earth would they be doing this?

Guess I missed this yesterday. First time I've ever done this too. :D

racer2c
05-25-05, 02:49 PM
Welcome to yesterday. :gomer:

Sorry, that's become sorta the rule around here for previously discussed topics.

Honda is covering their bases. They're probably sick of outsourcing their engine building.

JoeBob
05-25-05, 02:54 PM
Could be because word came down from Japan that things need to be worked out between IMS and ChampCar - and its a handy head start.

They could also be looking at using that engine as the basis for some sort of sportscar entry.

Or, maybe they're trying out new engine testing equipment and they didn't want to risk damaging an engine they might actually use.

Napoleon
05-25-05, 03:12 PM
Could be because word came down from Japan that things need to be worked out between IMS and ChampCar - and its a handy head start.

Or they knew someone would leak the test and that it would be interpreted as a shot accross everyone's bows to get there act together.

Don Quixote
05-25-05, 03:21 PM
File this one under WGAF. After the venemous attacks on champcar including lying, stealing teams, enticing teams to leave days before the first race, etc, etc, etc, why would any series use their engines. Sleep with Honda, and you get an STD, fer sher. :gomer:

Wabbit
05-25-05, 03:56 PM
Probably dusting a few engines off so that their teams can practice on road coarses with the old Lolas that are laying around.

JLMannin
05-25-05, 06:13 PM
Maybe they are gathering up engines and chassis to supply TG's post reunification new series tamtrum.

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 06:15 PM
This one is too good pass up. While I was reading you know where a very pro-IRL poster says that Honda has been working on and has fired up there 2.65 V8 turbo's for the last few weeks. Why on earth would they be doing this?

Guess I missed this yesterday. First time I've ever done this too. :D

Good job Rnofty. :D

SurfaceUnits
05-25-05, 08:27 PM
Well, fonda did say a few weeks ago that they were working on a next gen engine, even though they didn't know the specs. And we know they built the 3.0 engine and told ftg to make it the spec. They also know what Champ Cars are running for the next few years, so fonda is going to force a common spec on ftg.

Methanolandbrats
05-25-05, 10:11 PM
Maybe the Honda engine guys were just bored since their F1 program has been kinda quiet.

FCYTravis
05-25-05, 10:15 PM
Maybe the Honda engine guys were just bored since their F1 program has been kinda quiet.
How can you say that? KERBLAM is a VERY loud sound.

:laugh:

Racing Truth
05-26-05, 12:34 PM

:laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
05-26-05, 12:35 PM

:laugh: Not when it's parked