PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, Texas and Laguna Seca???

cameraman
05-25-05, 12:42 PM
The A1 Grand Prix schedule has been released. They are racing in San Antonio, Texas (what is in San Antonio???) on Feb 26, 2006 and at Laguna Seca on March 12, 2006.

So there are two races scheduled to be in the US but there is no US team???

trauma1
05-25-05, 12:57 PM
just what i really want to see, watch under powered , team lebanon and team turkey race at Laguna, camera i really don't see the "vision " of this series, other than a play toy for some rich shiek, ?????? it's not going to be viable series to move to F1 or champ car, that's GP2's turf, and the A3 feeder system with volswagon engine , just doesn't make sense, kinda of like earl, must be alot of cash behind this

Gnam
05-25-05, 01:00 PM
March is rainy season around Laguna. Hope they like the wet. :gomer:

cameraman
05-25-05, 01:04 PM
San Antonio is shown as a street race...

FCYTravis
05-25-05, 02:59 PM
:sigh:

A1GP.
ALMS.
MotoGP.
Grand-Am.
AMA Superbike.
Monterey Historics.

What's missing?

coolhand
05-25-05, 03:04 PM
:sigh:

A1GP.
ALMS.
MotoGP.
Grand-Am.
AMA Superbike.
Monterey Historics.

What's missing?

The IRL? :gomer:

Rus'L
05-25-05, 03:19 PM
The A1 Grand Prix schedule has been released. They are racing in San Antonio, Texas (what is in San Antonio???) on Feb 26, 2006 and at Laguna Seca on March 12, 2006.

So there are two races scheduled to be in the US but there is no US team???

Weren't these the guys who released a schedule last year which showed a street race in NYC on it?

This is becoming the biggest joke of a non-series in history.

Don Quixote
05-25-05, 03:25 PM
This is becoming the biggest joke of a non-series in history.
Perhaps, but if they turn a wheel, they will outdraw earl from the getgo.

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 04:12 PM
The IRL? :gomer:

I hereby demand that you be placed on posting probation for the next six hours. :D

trauma1
05-25-05, 04:19 PM
the gomers at crackforum now are trying to spin this into the end of ccws, stupid is, what stupid is :saywhat: :eek:

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59703

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:21 PM
the gomers at crackforum now are trying to spin this into the end of ccws, stupid is, what stupid is :saywhat: :eek:

Irony at its best.

And I am not talking about the idiots at TF. :gomer:

NismoZ
05-25-05, 10:30 PM
...and Brands, and Durban, and the Eurospeedway, and Goldenport in China and Monterrey (Mexico)...all sounds quite familiar, doesn't it? Maybe CC already has lost out in bidding for venues to these guys and we just don't know it? If the IRL is as bad as most of you think it is, why are you so quick to dismiss a series that is far more similar, forward looking and innovative? The IRL is none of those things and CC would be wise to keep an eye on this competition as well. I look forward to seeing the product and forming my opinions based on it's actual performance. Team England recently announced a test among 3 drivers one of whom will be chosen based on his performance only and is not required to bring ANY money or sponsorship to the team. I find that very refreshing.

coolhand
05-25-05, 10:44 PM
Goldport, Monterrey, Laguna, San Antonio seem to close for comfort.

This series is not that dissimilar from CCWS.

Spec tires, engine, chasis.
and it has that idiotic national team thing the KK is trying to push.

it has less power but most fans might not see a difference

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:00 PM
Goldport, Monterrey, Laguna, San Antonio seem to close for comfort.

This series is not that dissimilar from CCWS.

Spec tires, engine, chasis.
and it has that idiotic national team thing the KK is trying to push.

it has less power but most fans might not see a difference

Since when is KK pusing national teams?

How many confirmed teams/drivers are there?

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:02 PM
Since when is KK pusing national teams?

How many confirmed teams/drivers are there?
that concept has been floated around.

Team Austrailia is the first fruition of the concept. Kirby or another writer wrote about it awhile back :shakehead

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:09 PM
that concept has been floated around.

Team Austrailia is the first fruition of the concept. Kirby or another writer wrote about it awhile back :shakehead

Pushing and "floating" are two different things. I have yet to hear that KK is modeling Champ Car to be an international "team" series ala A1GP.

Walker Racings 'Team Australia' is a sponsorship thing not a sactioning body agenda.

RusH
05-25-05, 11:12 PM
Will AIGP introduce snow tires with the series. I personally prefer chains.

Oh, I see that the Sheiks that own the series chose to race over oily Texas.
:rofl:

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:14 PM
Pushing and "floating" are two different things. I have yet to hear that KK is modeling Champ Car to be an international "team" series ala A1GP.

Walker Racings 'Team Australia' is a sponsorship thing not a sactioning body agenda.

no, it has been talked about it.

I am surprised you have not heard about it before

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:20 PM
no, it has been talked about it.

I am surprised you have not heard about it before

How 'bout a link? and Mark C and Champ Car Fanatics doesn't count.

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:32 PM
How 'bout a link? and Mark C and Champ Car Fanatics doesn't count.

i dont like your attitude there, im just the messanger big guy.

Straight from the gearbox
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8730

“Our eventual goal would be to have a Team China, a Team Koren and a Team Japan competing in Champ Car.”

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:40 PM
i dont like your attitude there, im just the messanger big guy.

Straight from the gearbox
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8730

Attitude? Whatever. You're the newbie running up your post count. I simply asked for some verification of what you were spreading. :shakehead

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:42 PM
Attitude? Whatever. You're the newbie running up your post count. I simply asked for some verification of what you were spreading. :shakehead

are you happy with my verification?

and sorry i took the AR1/CCF as kinda belitilling, you came across like i was pulling this out of my ass or something. I guess since i am new to this specific forum i have zero credibility

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:45 PM
are you happy with my verification?

and sorry i took the AR1/CCF as kinda belitilling

That's the first I've seen of KK mentioning a national team scenario. I'm not really sure what to make of it right now, if there is anything to make of it.

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:47 PM
That's the first I've seen of KK mentioning a national team scenario. I'm not really sure what to make of it right now, if there is anything to make of it.

I was hearing when Team Austrailia was announced that it was the first step of this concept that KK is pushing. Whats next? another team like DCR that is needing money is going to get brought into by some rich Korean or something and become team Korea.

KK already ahd a relationship with Graig Gore through their Atlantic program and he probably was the one to push CG into buying into Wlaker to market his wine and call it Team Austrailia

racer2c
05-25-05, 11:49 PM
I was hearing when Team Austrailia was announced that it was the first step of this concept that KK is pushing. Whats next? another team like DCR that is needing money is going to get brought into by some rich Korean or something and become team Korea.

In light of merger talks, it could all be moot. But I still beg to differ that KK is "pushing" this concept.

coolhand
05-25-05, 11:51 PM
In light of merger talks, it could all be moot. But I still beg to differ that KK is "pushing" this concept.
*edited above*

KK already had a relationship with Graig Gore through their Atlantic program (Josh Hunt WPS Lynx racing) and he probably was the one to push CG into buying into Walker to market his wine and call it Team Austrailia. I dont thinl CG knew the situation Wlker was in and KK put them together. couple that with the quote above i think this is what KK wanted.

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 04:59 AM
That's the first I've seen of KK mentioning a national team scenario. I'm not really sure what to make of it right now, if there is anything to make of it.http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2005/By800/20050520P_0002.jpg

racer2c
05-26-05, 07:27 AM
Genius! So we have a US *TEAM* series that doesn't race at RA, MO or LS and a foreign *TEAM* one that is.

Go *TEAM* Botswana! :gomer:

jonovision_man
05-26-05, 09:19 AM

It's not a threat yet. The A1 grid looks amateur, the cars are slower than F3000, spec series.

And it's certainly not the end of CCWS, but this does bring A1GP right into CC's backyard.

Any of these ring a bell - Laguna, Brands Hatch, Eurospeedway?

And we've heard rumours about CCWS running half the others - South Africa, Estoril, China.

Frankly I think we'll see A1GP flop in America, but do reasonably well in some of those international venues CCWS has been targetting.

jono

G.
05-26-05, 02:43 PM
It's not a threat yet. The A1 grid looks amateur, the cars are slower than F3000, spec series.

And it's certainly not the end of CCWS, but this does bring A1GP right into CC's backyard.

Any of these ring a bell - Laguna, Brands Hatch, Eurospeedway?

And we've heard rumours about CCWS running half the others - South Africa, Estoril, China.

Frankly I think we'll see A1GP flop in America, but do reasonably well in some of those international venues CCWS has been targetting.

jonoLook guys, this series could become something. I know that I will check it out, if possible. OK formula, huge bankroll, interesting competition concept.

Remember what we all thought about the earl in 96. Now we are stuck with the pendulum swinging back and forth between CC and earl for the "pinnacle" of AOWR. Earl has crappy cars, boring venues, ****-for-brains management, yet here we are, fighting for our existance against a 'Tard.

I am glad that they are (for now) running in the off-season.