chop456
05-25-05, 08:42 AM
San Antonio? :saywhat:

Ankf00
05-25-05, 08:43 AM
wtf they gonna go in san antonio :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
05-25-05, 09:03 AM
wtf they gonna go in san antonio :saywhat:1990 IMSA course.

Methanolandbrats
05-25-05, 09:11 AM
I think one of the San Antonio races was where Weaver held off the assault by faster cars in a 962, just an awesome drive until he crashed if I remember right. Damn those were the days, just what I need, another flashback to when racing did'nt suck. Grab a barf bag and check this entry list:

http://wspr-racing.com/wspr/results/imsa/imsa1990.html

trauma1
05-25-05, 12:48 PM
i really don't know how they plan to race here in the U.S. under powered engine, slowere than f3000, plus no US team, i mean team Turkey, Lbanon, Chinia , Pakistain, come on, But Lola did build a sweet chassis for them, might have some of the same componets to the new ccws chassis, but wheather this series turn a wheel in competition is going to be shaky, The cost is going to be up there with champ car so i really don't see US sponsors lining up, plus they race in the off season of Champ car and F1 so no real threat to either F1 or champ car, , the idea seems flawed somewhat, seems like a play toy for a rich shiek

RichK
05-25-05, 12:57 PM

Wow, what a difference some years make....

This team must have been interesting:

Robby Gordon / USA
Calvin Fish / USA
Lyn St. James / USA

coolhand
05-25-05, 01:47 PM
i really don't know how they plan to race here in the U.S. under powered engine, slowere than f3000, plus no US team, i mean team Turkey, Lbanon, Chinia , Pakistain, come on, But Lola did build a sweet chassis for them, might have some of the same componets to the new ccws chassis, but wheather this series turn a wheel in competition is going to be shaky, The cost is going to be up there with champ car so i really don't see US sponsors lining up, plus they race in the off season of Champ car and F1 so no real threat to either F1 or champ car, , the idea seems flawed somewhat, seems like a play toy for a rich shiek

I think that Chasis is ugly :thumdown:

coolhand
05-25-05, 01:49 PM
I think one of the San Antonio races was where Weaver held off the assault by faster cars in a 962, just an awesome drive until he crashed if I remember right. Damn those were the days, just what I need, another flashback to when racing did'nt suck. Grab a barf bag and check this entry list:

Those Nissan GTP's cleaned house.

racer2c
05-25-05, 01:50 PM
A1, Shmay 1.

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:14 PM
I think that Chasis is ugly :thumdown:Don't mind him, he thinks Lola can't do anything wrong and everything Dallara has ever made is crap. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 04:15 PM
You are thinking of trauma1, Cork.

Dr. Corkski
05-25-05, 04:19 PM
You are thinking of trauma1, Cork.That's why I was telling ch to not mind him. :gomer:

Ankf00
05-25-05, 08:21 PM
I guess all US universities don't require "literacy" as a prereq for graduation :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-05, 08:24 PM
Our literacy requirements are about as strict as Texas' math requirements. :gomer:

coolhand
05-25-05, 08:32 PM
Don't mind him, he thinks Lola can't do anything wrong and everything Dallara has ever made is crap. :gomer:
LOL

Ankf00
05-26-05, 06:39 AM
1990 IMSA course.
I repeat...

wtf they gonna go in San Antonio :saywhat:

unless they want to be robbed at gunpoint and tied up and left for dead in some back alley that is...

skaven
05-26-05, 11:13 AM
I repeat...

unless they want to be robbed at gunpoint and tied up and left for dead in some back alley that is...

That would be Houston you're talking about. Toothbrush-stealing mofos. :mad: :D

trauma1
05-26-05, 12:21 PM
I think that Chasis is ugly :thumdown:

it does look better than a crapwagon, iv'e said i don't like the front wing or the airbiox, and yes right now Lola desearves to get the future contract for ccws, and the reason i have the Lola prefrence has been thier loyality to champ car, and believe it should be rewarded , just look what Dallara built for EARl now that's ugly, but i think most cars with air boxes are ugly, lastly if Dallara build midland F1 chassis it could ruin the company, the F1 experiment is what kill reynard and almost killed Lola, besides the point, the people invloved with the new specs have worked of Lola, reynard and other chasssi builders, and sounds like ccws will have the design final say so, Lola will build it, other than that the A1 is going to be a long shot, Mexico and china are CCWS tracks , and laguna said they have only talked with the A1 people, , no contracts signed with the tracks yet, and lastly has anyone seen the new racer magazine this month and the artist concept to the 2007 CCWS specs, what soes it look like??

http://www.dallara.it/images/main_design/row4_2.gif

cameraman
05-26-05, 12:41 PM
I repeat...

It is listed as a street race, maybe they want to circle the Alamo.....

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 12:44 PM
Yes, Dallara only make crapwagons and Lola's loyalty has nothing to do with Carl Haas being their distributor. :gomer:

Easy
05-26-05, 12:56 PM
Dallara is clearly a substandard manufacturer.

:gomer:

trauma1
05-26-05, 01:10 PM
Yes, Dallara only make crapwagons and Lola's loyalty has nothing to do with Carl Haas being their distributor. :gomer:

i'm sure ol Carl has his fingers in it if it means $$$$, he takes any $$ offered IE: fonda to run the 497'5, he will not spend it but Carls hand are always open to the handout. however you do have to say Lola bulds a better car, and i liked the reynard look alot better than the Lola, Dallara isn't getting rave reviews on thier GP2 chassis, unrelible and lots of problems, , i saw A1 feeder system car the A3 series built by volkswagon and some south african company, that's real ugly, , and yep i remember Lola's gaff in F1 that was a fughly car, and a dog

coolhand
05-26-05, 02:06 PM
http://www.dallara.it/images/main_design/row4_2.gif

link shows nothing :thumdown:

trauma1
05-26-05, 02:15 PM
this should work

http://www.dallara.it/racecars.cfm

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 02:16 PM
this should work

http://www.dallara.it/images/main_design/row4_2.gif :rofl:

trauma1
05-26-05, 02:18 PM
well nothing does fit them, ,it works NOW :rolleyes:

extramundane
05-26-05, 02:30 PM
however you do have to say Lola bulds a better car, and i liked the reynard look alot better than the Lola, Dallara isn't getting rave reviews on thier GP2 chassis, unrelible and lots of problems, , i saw A1 feeder system car the A3 series built by volkswagon and some south african company, that's real ugly, , and yep i remember Lola's gaff in F1 that was a fughly car, and a dog

In addition to a long string of well-built feeder Formula cars, Dallara also built the 2 most successful and important sports cars since the 962. That they've put together an ugly heap built to crapwagon specs (the Panoz, R&S and Falcon designs aren't/weren't any better looking), and has struggled with a rushed-through GP2 chassis doesn't disqualify them from building a quality, attractive chassis for any other series, CCWS included.

trauma1
05-26-05, 02:55 PM
they built crapwagon, immediate DQ,

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-05, 02:57 PM

:shakehead

You just don't get it, do you?

cameraman
05-26-05, 03:43 PM

You planning on dumping Bridgestone because the supply the IRL through their Firestone subsidiary?
:saywhat: :rolleyes:

trauma1
05-26-05, 03:50 PM
then who do you want building the new spec, the two in earl right don't really make the safest thing in racing right now, the chassis design leads to injuries, ie broken backs due to the design of the back end, and thier tendency to lift off, remember Lola offered to build irl chassis and the irl said no. so enough of the whipping a dead horse. back to topic A1 is a reach to race in the US in 2006 , even if it's off season, the sheik has alot of $$ to burn, bernies doesn't even think it's going to get off the ground

coolhand
05-26-05, 03:59 PM
it has nothing to do with the chasis mafcs. but all to do with the crazy forumla/spec they had to build too.

the IRL did not give them much freedom of design. If they asked lola to build a junk car desgined to race soley on ovals with big wings to be NASCAR like it would look the same as the G-force and Dallara

racer2c
05-26-05, 04:03 PM
Dallara makes some goods one and Dallara makes crapwagan (the worst chassis on the planet, well, tied for DP's). WGA-Flying-F.

Dallara fans. Now I've seen everything.

How many Dallara t-shirts among you gomers?

:thumdown:

extramundane
05-26-05, 04:11 PM
Dallara makes some goods one and Dallara makes crapwagan (the worst chassis on the planet, well, tied for DP's). WGA-Flying-F.

Dallara fans. Now I've seen everything.

How many Dallara t-shirts among you gomers?

:thumdown:

The point is that Dallara is as qualified as anyone to build a next-gen CCWS chassis. While there are obvious political and practical advantages to choosing, say, Lola, I personally don't care if it's Lola, Dallara, Courage, Riley or Swift...as long as it's well constructed and pleasing to the eye.

trauma1
05-26-05, 04:31 PM
The point is that Dallara is as qualified as anyone to build a next-gen CCWS chassis. While there are obvious political and practical advantages to choosing, say, Lola, I personally don't care if it's Lola, Dallara, Courage, Riley or Swift...as long as it's well constructed and pleasing to the eye.
i said dallara not only on the basis of thier irl car , but also thus far the results on thier GP2 car, which the series has had to manipulate qualifing and races due to the unrelibility of the chassis and package, if they have this much trouble with that package i cannot see them succeding building a f1 chassis, and going that route put reynard under and Lola almost went out of buiseness, i know people are pissed because the chassis is going to be a one company project and Spec" racing, just how are they going to keep the cost down and limit areo developement, which is $$ also, the crux seems to be with alot of people the single enigine and chassis manufatures and not opening both up to other companies which on the surface puts the package and series getting by on the cheap, , just look at where mulitple engines and chassis, greed put this series , the brink of going under which it did,

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-05, 04:36 PM
Is the concept of a PERIOD familiar AT ALL to you?

This is a message forum, not a chat room. :rolleyes:

coolhand
05-26-05, 04:40 PM

This is a message forum, not a chat room. :rolleyes:

you are right, not one period in that whole post.

Easy
05-26-05, 05:39 PM
The GP2 car's main problems have been with brakes and the clutch. None of these components were supplied by Dallara.

However their terrible record in F3 should be an alarm to anyone putting a chassis contract out for bid. (where is the smilie for sarcasm?)

Dr. Corkski
05-26-05, 06:10 PM

This is a message forum, not a chat room. :rolleyes:He's like lord paper, he only needs commas.

Now I hear GP2 teams have been having problems with the Renault engines as well. Obviously those no talent ass clowns know nothing about engines as their terrible record in F1 would show.

:gomer:

coolhand
05-26-05, 06:14 PM
He's like lord paper, he only needs commas.

"Lord Paper" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: