PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Tony has blinked first.

cart7
05-24-05, 08:58 AM
Linkie thing (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050524/SPORTS01/505240439/1052)

Fearing the news leaks that have undermined previous talks, the principals are revealing few details. But George, after saying Sunday at the Speedway that to even confirm the discussions "wouldn't be constructive," agreed the time has come for a reconciliation.

"I think with each day that passes, it becomes more and more obvious it would be the right thing to do," he said.

lone_groover
05-24-05, 09:13 AM
:flame: Nah-uhhhh suckaz! :flame:

In the words of some obscure wannabee MTV'er: "BURY 'EM!"

:thumdown:

Don Quixote
05-24-05, 09:26 AM
IRL team owner Bobby Rahal, a three-time CART driving champion who served briefly as its interim president, said the IRL can't allow its engine manufacturers to dictate policy.
This statement makes me physically ill.

KLang
05-24-05, 09:28 AM
FTG!

Stay the course Champ Car. Let the earl die the death it deserves.

Methanolandbrats
05-24-05, 09:33 AM
This statement makes me physically ill. Yes, I don't ever want to see Mr. Rahole, FMA or FAF in the paddock again, they sicken me. As far as a "merger", a solution would have to be found that does not make FTG look like a moron, that's the big stumbling block. All the best labor negotiators in World working together won't be able to solve that one.

cart7
05-24-05, 09:35 AM
Obviously those Porsche to earl rumours have no foundation. In fact, I'll bet there's a future engine supply meltdown going on at 16th and Georgetown as we speak.

KLang
05-24-05, 09:58 AM
Obviously those Porsche to earl rumours have no foundation. In fact, I'll bet there's a future engine supply meltdown going on at 16th and Georgetown as we speak.

I'm sure Cosworth will sell them any motors they want. :laugh:

Turn7
05-24-05, 10:03 AM
He's falling off the cliff and has been every since Honyota started leasing engines. It's a big cliff and he is just now realizing there isn't firm ground under his feet anymore. Too late, sucka, Red Bull can't give you big enough wings to save you skin. It is just a matter of time. :thumbup:

FTG
05-24-05, 10:14 AM
Only way I can see a merger is if TG sells the Speedway to KK.

spinner26
05-24-05, 11:02 AM
KK, stay the course Brotha, FTG! :eek: :rofl: :D

DagoFast
05-24-05, 11:07 AM

Amen. The only way we go back:

1. No hulman/georges in control.
2. 3 day race weekend. 1 week if the speedway picks up the hotel/meal tabs for ALL the teams.
3. ChampCar Sanctioned and run event.
4. ChampCar gets the TV money.

Andrew Longman
05-24-05, 12:08 PM
:rofl:

It can be more than 3 days if there are well more than 33 cars trying to make the race. Give those extra teams time to get sufficient sponsor mentions to justify the expense. Especially if those extra teams and drivers are not regulars of the series.

Imagine how Jim Beam feels watching Robbie Gordon's transporter pulling out of the paddock every Friday night.

But no, TG shouldn't get paid to feed them for the whole month. Let teams brown bag peanut butter sandwiches if they like and keep the whole thing to two-three weekends start to finish max.

pchall
05-24-05, 12:15 PM
I think it is time for Mr. Kalkhoven to step on TG's throat and watch his eyes bug out in terror knowing that the Vision™ has failed. Repeatedly.

Ferdman
05-24-05, 12:44 PM
Yes, I don't ever want to see Mr. Rahole, FMA or FAF in the paddock again, they sicken me.

I wouldn't mind seeing them again....so I can point at them, slap my knee, and laugh uncontrollably.