PDA

View Full Version : Operation FTG Jugend

skaven
05-24-05, 01:11 AM
They are brainwashing the children. State-sponsored kool-aid indoctrination in the guise of "education." I wonder if they fed them tenderloins with the kool-aid. :gomer:

As part of a partnership with elementary schools across Indiana, more than 15,000 fourth-graders have learned about the Indianapolis 500 this year, concluding their education with a visit to the Speedway.

Yet another story about the decline of Indy and a pathetic attempt to stir up interest in NYC today. :rofl:

45 minutes before the drivers were scheduled to arrive in Times Square, the only three people pushing the metal barricades were Formula One fans from Ireland and Northern Ireland whose curiosities were piqued by pole-sitter Tony Kanaan's car sitting on a concrete island.

and

"I think some people thought it had something to do with Star Wars," driver Ed Carpenter said.

Outside of his cult of 4th graders within bussing distance of the track, I see the race becoming totally irrelevant faster than I ever hoped. :D :laugh:

from espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/indy2005/news/story?id=2066752)

SurfaceUnits
05-24-05, 01:46 AM
This is how ftg reminds me of how he really sucks!!! The only way he might draw a crowd would be to announce that he is jumping from the Empire State building

chop456
05-24-05, 05:38 AM
Dennis Katsoulis, a New York real estate broker who is a racing fan, said he was not surprised the turnout was so sparse.

"They haven't really marketed this type of racing in the Northeast," he said.

What about Nazareth?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. :gomer:

Great article by the partner. When your TV network slams you and promotes NASCAR, the series that makes them interview drivers in the parking lot, your goose is just about cooked. :laugh:

This is like having your best friend take your wife on a romantic vacation for a week then sending you the bill. Losers. :rofl:

JLMannin
05-24-05, 06:26 AM
My son was in 4th grade last year and went on the field trip to the speedway. No supplied kool-aide and tenderloins - we had to bring sack lunches. The speedways mistake is having the museum be part of the tour. Even the 4th graders were magnetically drawn to the sleeker looking CART era cars. Some of the kids asked where the "real" race cars were - the taxicabs. :thumdown:

I asked my son if he would like to go to the speedway this year for a practice session. He said he would rather stay home and play with his star wars legos. :D

Andrew Longman
05-24-05, 06:43 AM
This morning's Newark Star Ledger showed that Indy qualifying drew a .1 in NYC over the weekend. The sports page did have a large feature on Danica Patrick written by someone who usually doesn't report sports and clearly knew nothing about racing. Article named Kanaan as last year's I500 champion and a few other errors.

I was really surprised they sent the entire field to NYC. Is Indy such a gomerville that they can't attract media to the town? Or are the hotel rooms booked by the crush of fans coming for the race?

They should have known no one in NYC will care. They don't care when NASCAR comes to town. Having dinner at the Waldorf is strickly to make those in NASCAR feel legit. No different with this. NYC has so much going on on any given day that TG would have to do more than swan dive off of Rockefeller Center to get attention. 50,000 people will see the Yanks play the lowly Tigers tonight and it will be no big deal.

skaven
05-24-05, 10:20 AM
This is like having your best friend take your wife on a romantic vacation for a week then sending you the bill. Losers. :rofl:

Thank you ! ! ! :) :rofl:

Wheel-Nut
05-24-05, 10:28 AM
As part of a partnership with elementary schools across Indiana, more than 15,000 fourth-graders have learned about the Indianapolis 500 this year, concluding their education with a visit to the Speedway

Was it career day and these 15k kids are thinking of becoming pre-med students?

KobySon
05-24-05, 09:48 PM
This morning's Newark Star Ledger showed that Indy qualifying drew a .1 in NYC over the weekend. The sports page did have a large feature on Danica Patrick written by someone who usually doesn't report sports and clearly knew nothing about racing. Article named Kanaan as last year's I500 champion and a few other errors.

I was really surprised they sent the entire field to NYC. Is Indy such a gomerville that they can't attract media to the town? Or are the hotel rooms booked by the crush of fans coming for the race?

They should have known no one in NYC will care. They don't care when NASCAR comes to town. Having dinner at the Waldorf is strickly to make those in NASCAR feel legit. No different with this. NYC has so much going on on any given day that TG would have to do more than swan dive off of Rockefeller Center to get attention. 50,000 people will see the Yanks play the lowly Tigers tonight and it will be no big deal.

I had tickets offered to me for that game, but couldn't take 'em. Wifey is prego and needs me at her beckoning call... oh how I'm whipped.

I didn't even hear about this earl stunt until I read it hear... Pretty sad.

Andrew - where is frenchtown?

oddlycalm
05-24-05, 10:47 PM
They should have known no one in NYC will care. Maybe if they had a single functioning brain among them. These dopes go blithely on their way as if it was 30yrs ago and the Indy 500 was a houshold name that was actually recognizable to a significant part of the population. There are entire generations of people in the US that don't know what an Indy 500 is and furthermore don't care. The IMS says that they are targeting the 18-34yr old male demographic, and yet they go on endlessly with sappy traditions that even try Gramp's patience and they dumb it all down to the place where it is the least cool event I could imagine to someone that hasn't seen it before. :gomer:

Theirs is not simple idiocy, it's transcendent idiocy. :thumbup:

oc