awesome :thumbup: :cool:

ps, marxie better be right

Spicoli
05-23-05, 05:21 PM
You heard it here first: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7218

yeah, but it just got to the Ohio innernet today. :gomer:

nrc
05-23-05, 05:29 PM
All well and good, but I'll feel much better when I see an official press release.

Don Quixote
05-23-05, 05:32 PM
Those grapes were too sour for TG anyway. :gomer:

coolhand
05-23-05, 06:12 PM
you should of saw Wilke at track forum today trying to downplay long beach when all the lemming got excited hearing Barry Green was going after it.

TG's goony's lost agian and it all means more confused Lemmings. :p

coolhand
05-23-05, 06:20 PM
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59535&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

this thread is hillarious :laugh:

"well, we did not want it anyway :cry: "

Steve99
05-23-05, 06:51 PM
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59535&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

this thread is hillarious :laugh:

"well, we did not want it anyway :cry: "
Wow, that kool-aid must be some strong stuff:

City of LB doesnt understand how much more money the local buisness would make [if they switched it IRL], how much more tax dollars they would rake in.
:gomer: :rofl:

coolhand
05-23-05, 06:53 PM
MarkC also said that the USGP will be in its last year and they will move on to cancun.

cannot wait for the announcment.

"the IRL maraculously outbids F1 for the coveted USGP" :rofl:

RichK
05-23-05, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by OW fan in OK
City of LB doesnt understand how much more money the local buisness would make [if they switched it IRL], how much more tax dollars they would rake in.

Yes, I'm sure the LBGP officials are marvelling at how much money downtown Indy is "raking in" this month! :laugh:

coolhand
05-23-05, 07:04 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that it's inevitably those either associated with or fans of "Champcar" who continuously beat the "reunification" drum? Amazing. Especially in May.

Like I said....it's lazy, unoriginal and counterproductive to the growth of the sport. The other side offers NOTHING except shady dealing and coutrooms. They went bankrupt. They offer nothing the IRL won't be able to get on their own.

With regard to Mr. Clarke, I don't care what he has to say. His company and Toyota have all but wrecked the sport and he wants to facilitate fixing it? I don't think so.

New specs that will offer a permanent place for the Byrds, Hemelgarns, Kelleys and Foyts of the world are what is necessary. Not 'reunification' with anyone, except Byrds, Hemelgarns, Kelleys and Foyts of the world.
I can't believe we're a week away from the event that made the entire sport possible in this country and there are still people trotting out this abject nonsense. It's insulting.

he has lost it. he has already given up on toyota and honda which he bragged about for years

DaveL
05-23-05, 07:06 PM
I'll assume Mark is right and present the following....

Compare and contrast business models.

On the one you have Champcar that is gaining control over their best and most important existing building blocks, making sure they all fit just right in their strategic plans, and using them to build the series with.

On the other hand, you have the .1RL that has done nothing but take the blocks Champcar has, including the ones that have the solidity of goo, and use them as building blocks whether they fit in any way or not so the series goes in whatever direction (including off the cliff) those blocks take them.

Take your pick which model has a better chance at success.

Methanolandbrats
05-23-05, 07:09 PM
MarkC also said that the USGP will be in its last year and they will move on to cancun.

cannot wait for the announcment.

"the IRL maraculously outbids F1 for the coveted USGP" :rofl:WTF..........this year might be the last?

coolhand
05-23-05, 07:13 PM
WTF..........this year might be the last?

sorry, MarkC said 07 would be the last

Don Quixote
05-23-05, 07:13 PM
Is this a trick question?

gjc2
05-23-05, 07:14 PM
All well and good, but I'll feel much better when I see an official press release.

Autoracing1.com is reporting it as fact.

coolhand
05-23-05, 07:21 PM

he is quoting KK as saying the deal is done

cameraman
05-23-05, 07:21 PM

All the more reason to want to see the press release...

DaveL
05-23-05, 07:25 PM
Is this a trick question?

Only if your initials are "TG" and you can't find your ass with your hands tied behind your back. :gomer:

racer2c
05-23-05, 07:42 PM
All the more reason to want to see the press release...

Amen.

Cart4Live2003
05-23-05, 07:50 PM
Who knows? Even if he does buy it, the city of Long Beach has say in this, more so than anyone. You simply can't shove a series down a city's throat.

Unless the City of Long Beach wants the KK series and not the IRL, KK buying the rights might only cause a filibuster.

from this link at crackforum http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59569

did this guy not get the memo.. LB city counsel signed off saying they want cc not the hurl LOL

sundaydriver2
05-23-05, 08:06 PM
I'll assume Mark is right and present the following....

Compare and contrast business models.

On the one you have Champcar that is gaining control over their best and most important existing building blocks, making sure they all fit just right in their strategic plans, and using them to build the series with.

On the other hand, you have the .1RL that has done nothing but take the blocks Champcar has, including the ones that have the solidity of goo, and use them as building blocks whether they fit in any way or not so the series goes in whatever direction (including off the cliff) those blocks take them.

Not to mention that some of those blocks the IRL stole are eroding and going away.

trauma1
05-24-05, 08:00 AM
:rofl: what did FTg expect KK has kicked his ass again, chevy and yoda goone, fonda must have known prior to yeaterday that ccws was going to get LB or they would not have called KK, EARL is dead, what choice did Dover have really none, without yoda and fonda there is no yen for earl, and yoda sure didn't go to the plate backing FTG on this, they are gone and the gomers at crackforum are already telling yoda and fonda to go. EARl had no plan again :rofl: