PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai heading south

Jag_Warrior
05-23-05, 12:19 AM
Hyundai Makes $1.1 Billion Investment (http://news.ft.com/cms/s/ed12aa32-cb27-11d9-9abe-00000e2511c8.html)

I think Hyundai is Korean for small nail in GM's coffin.

Bob Cosmai, chief executive of Hyundai in North America, said the company's main competitors were the three big Japanese brands - Toyota, Honda and Nissan - rather than General Motors and Ford.

A nice way of saying, "why kick a dog while it's dying?"

G.
05-23-05, 12:26 PM
It's always interesting when foreign companies invest in the US, while US-based companies outsource to other lands.

Ahhh, what do I know. Better get back to training my (foreign) replacement... :shakehead

RacinM3
05-23-05, 01:23 PM
http://www.delta-shopping.de/portal/artikel/pics/401088452539720040514_135529.jpg

oddlycalm
05-24-05, 10:33 PM
It's always interesting when foreign companies invest in the US, while US-based companies outsource to other lands. Guess they must not have gotten the word from the US new organizations that labor costs are lower in Asia... :gomer: Worse yet, they clearly ignored the numerous memos from our last four Fearless Leaders that the US is transitioning to a service economy. :laugh:

oc

eiregosod
05-25-05, 02:04 AM
one can't discount the tradtition & skills of car manufacturers in the USA. The artivcle refers to the lack of unions etc.. One cannot help but wonder what would be of the US/UK car industries if it werent for the unions

also the USA requires 300+ million cars , that's a lot of sheet metal

Wheel-Nut
05-25-05, 09:45 AM
one can't discount the tradtition & skills of car manufacturers in the USA. The artivcle refers to the lack of unions etc.. One cannot help but wonder what would be of the US/UK car industries if it werent for the unions

also the USA requires 300+ million cars , that's a lot of sheet metal

I wouldn't say the U S requires cars. We prefer that mode of transportation over others.

eiregosod
05-25-05, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't say the U S requires cars. We prefer that mode of transportation over others.

you mean there'll come a day when ya'll will be hoverin around in hydrogen powered jetpacks?

The Doctor
05-25-05, 06:11 PM
you mean there'll come a day when ya'll will be hoverin around in hydrogen powered jetpacks?

We'll be too fat for jetpacks. Maybe something along the lines of an ethanol fueled forklift inspired by the awesome power of the Indy 497.5 and its devastating piles of crap.

eiregosod
05-25-05, 07:49 PM
We'll be too fat for jetpacks. Maybe something along the lines of an ethanol fueled forklift inspired by the awesome power of the Indy 497.5 and its devastating piles of crap.

if there was no split in 1996. who knows what kind of technology might have come to prominence at the Indy 500.