PDA

View Full Version : Announce Team

JoeBob
05-23-05, 12:06 AM
May I be the first to say, "I'd be a very happy camper if Derek Daly never returns, and we get Benjamin and Beekhuis in the booth for the rest of the season."

racer2c
05-23-05, 12:16 AM
I'm not a Daly hater, but I think Jon is the perfect "voice for Champ Car". His exuberance and knowledge and passion for the sport shine through. :thumbup:

coolhand
05-23-05, 01:10 AM
I have confidence in Jb's allegence to CC. he could be a career guy for us. he is young too.

Lizzerd
05-23-05, 01:38 AM
Benjamin and Beekhuis do fine by me. But I'd love to see Calvin Fish and (with all due respect to JoeBob) Derek Daly back in the pits. though

What's Parker Johnstone doing these days?

ferrarigod
05-23-05, 03:05 AM
May I be the first to say, "I'd be a very happy camper if Derek Daly never returns, and we get Benjamin and Beekhuis in the booth for the rest of the season."

I concur 100%. Especially if Daly does that, "that move was crazy," F1 crap from F1 on CBS last week

Dr. Corkski
05-23-05, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't mind Benjamin goes too but he can stay as long as Daly's voice is never heard from again in any form of medium.

NismoZ
05-23-05, 11:38 AM
RB made a number of name/car recognition screwups, but Jon was there to correct him and did so gently. He is simply the best and CC better never let him go! My favorite line... "His goose is cooked!" in reference to not enough yellow laps for Wirdheim to finish! :laugh:

JoeBob
05-23-05, 11:51 AM
For the record, I don't dislike Daly. I just don't want him as part of the race broadcasts. He was great a few years ago as the host of CART Friday Night. The "Talkshow Format" is a natural fit for him. He'd be great teamed with Despain on Windbag. (He's also been awesome when he's served as Host for Town Hall meetings)

nrc
05-23-05, 12:49 PM
For the record, I don't dislike Daly. I just don't want him as part of the race broadcasts. He was great a few years ago as the host of CART Friday Night. The "Talkshow Format" is a natural fit for him. He'd be great teamed with Despain on Windbag. (He's also been awesome when he's served as Host for Town Hall meetings)

I agree. I've liked having Daly involved for the reasons you mention but I think Benjamin and Beekuis were a better combination overall.

Dougrun
05-23-05, 02:39 PM
Jon is to CCWS what peter windsor is to F1. BJ is ok, He's getting better. Chris McClure is nice but he's not the "image" I like to see on screen. Fish is a classic,welcome at any race IMHO. DD is ok if he keeps his "hollyhock" remarks down. We need a hot gal in the pits. People tell more stuff to gals than to guys.

Steve99
05-23-05, 03:58 PM
I fully agree.

RTKar
05-23-05, 06:03 PM
I want Calvin Fish back, if for nothing else, to ask him about the time he passed Senna in a race.

pfc_m_drake
05-23-05, 09:15 PM
Since we're allowed to dream, if I had my way (and I know this isn't possible) but I'd vote for:

In the booth:
Bob Varsha
Parker Johnstone

In the Pits:
Jan Beekhuis
Gary Gerould

Jervis Tetch 1
05-23-05, 10:53 PM
Would love to have Varsha back. Parker too.

nrc
05-23-05, 10:56 PM
Would love to have Varsha back. Parker too.
Varsha was always a little to deadpan for my taste and he'd rather be doing F1 anyway.

Hard Driver
05-24-05, 11:35 PM
Personally, I was less than inspired. Speak of deadpan, that Monteray broadcast was very monotone in my book.

racer2c
05-24-05, 11:50 PM
Varsha was always a little to deadpan for my taste and he'd rather be doing F1 anyway.

I like Varsha, mainly because every time I hear him call a race, I think of May 1, '94. He's a bit pompus, but hey, he's lawyer, and what lawyer isn't?

Parker is irrelevant. Been gone too long.

RaceGrrl
05-25-05, 12:31 AM
Parker is irrelevant. Been gone too long.

Parker is no more irrelevant than Tommy Kendall was. Kendall never raced in Champ Cars, but he did bring something to the booth: enthusiasm. Parker brought intelligence and wit. I'd be happy to have Johnstone back.

racer2c
05-25-05, 06:47 AM
I didn't say I didn't like Parker and I damn sure like him 100 times more than Kendall. It would be good to get him back as a special peice host, or even pit coverage for a year before getting back into the booth.