PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Dyson - 1-2 at Mid-Ohio!

FCYTravis
05-22-05, 02:51 PM
Rob deserves this. Nobody deserves it more. Great work from a great team, while Champion made themselves look, well, more like chumps. Weaver + Leitzinger = :cool:

P2 continues to be a bad joke.

On to Le Mans!

FCYTravis
05-22-05, 03:08 PM
Oh, and in GT1...

The Maserati played bumper cars all day and finished three laps down to the class-winning Corvettes. Never was a factor. Only car it actually beat was the Carsport America Viper. Which it apparently had to punt to even do that much.

Yup, out to lunch.

coolhand
05-22-05, 03:29 PM
how do you feel the vette's chances are at Le Mans? will the Aston be the competition?

FCYTravis
05-22-05, 04:18 PM
Yup. Vette-Aston battle all the way, baby. I'm guessing P&M are going to be out for blood after being humiliated on home turf by Prodrive... :D

theunions
05-22-05, 06:05 PM
Can someone explain to me exactly what happened to Bucknum, beyond the one sentence description on ALMS' race notes page?

cameraman
05-22-05, 06:22 PM
Can someone explain to me exactly what happened to Bucknum, beyond the one sentence description on ALMS' race notes page?

Ooops
Miracle Motorsports had led P2 class by a sizeable margin but was disqualified during the race when Jeff Bucknum went over the maximum time allotted by IMSA for a single driver.

"I take the entire blame," said team owner Michael Macaluso. "It was my fist time as team manger (Michael Gue doing the Grand-Am race this weekend), and I just wasn't paying attention. It's a real shame for the guys. They ran a great race and had had a great weekend."

FCYTravis
05-22-05, 06:22 PM
Jeff Bucknum drove the Miracle Courage for two hours and one minute before handing it over to Chris McMurry.

The ALMS rules say you cannot drive a car for more than two hours. The penalty for a violation is exclusion.

Simple as that...

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-05, 07:07 PM
THAT was a great race. It isn't often that I go to a sports car race with no dull points, but this was one of them.

Great crowd too, never saw so many people at Mid-Ohio for ALMS.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Now bump up the damn car count!

Racing Truth
05-23-05, 02:07 PM
THAT was a great race. It isn't often that I go to a sports car race with no dull points, but this was one of them.

Great crowd too, never saw so many people at Mid-Ohio for ALMS.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Now bump up the damn car count!

Great race. Nice Job Dyson! :thumbup:

If the Zytek could stay together, Le Mans could be interesting at the front.

I'm convinced no one ever wants to win the P2 class. :laugh: