PDA

View Full Version : Was Arie, Jr. bitchslapped at birth?

pchall
05-22-05, 12:16 PM
Still making the Foyt boys look good this morning...

7 Arie Luyendyk Jr. (98) 2.4197 42.8722 209.926 22 46.1829 194.877 26 D/C/F Pit

Badger
05-22-05, 12:18 PM

You got something against putting a jam car out there to spice up the action on race day? :rolleyes:

dando
05-22-05, 12:20 PM

Maybe dad can jump in the car @ the last minute. :gomer:

-Kevin

fourrunner
05-22-05, 12:29 PM
Doesn't Dad look at the downside of this?

He's gonna be a backmarker in the Race no matter what .... He's struugling to get in a Race that has claimed many lives, and maimed more .... Why the risk taking? Is "Legacy" worth it ?

I'm not casting aspersions as to Arie Jrs. abilities ... but shouldn't he take it slow?

He's had virtualy NO practice ... and he's being thrown into a 220 mph death match

Oh Well ... Maybe he doesn't want to be "Pretty" anymore ! :eek:

Brickman
05-22-05, 02:04 PM
Doesn't Dad look at the downside of this?

He's gonna be a backmarker in the Race no matter what .... He's struugling to get in a Race that has claimed many lives, and maimed more .... Why the risk taking? Is "Legacy" worth it ?

I'm not casting aspersions as to Arie Jrs. abilities ... but shouldn't he take it slow?

He's had virtualy NO practice ... and he's being thrown into a 220 mph death match

Oh Well ... Maybe he doesn't want to be "Pretty" anymore ! :eek:

I agree.

To young, to soon, definately too slow... park him.

DagoFast
05-22-05, 02:39 PM
I agree.

To young, to soon, definately too slow... park him.

But..But...It's the fi-hunnert! Gotta have 33. The lions must be fed.

pchall
05-22-05, 04:09 PM
LOL! WIBC reporting Giaffone in a Foyt car preparing to bump Arie, Jr!

Napoleon
05-22-05, 04:09 PM

That clown at the SCCA Runoff's a few years ago shows up with what was in essence a pro team set up and new car, came in 3rd (which was where he ran all weekend) and lost to an auto mechanic in his late 40's. He flat out does not have what it takes.

Brickman
05-22-05, 04:30 PM
But..But...It's the fi-hunnert! Gotta have 33. The lions must be fed.

Brickman
05-22-05, 04:31 PM
LOL! WIBC reporting Giaffone in a Foyt car preparing to bump Arie, Jr!

Go Giaffone.

fourrunner
05-22-05, 06:16 PM
Ha Ha -- Foyt can't make two cars competetive, so he adds a third to prove he can have the slowest three cars

He might be saving Arie Jrs. life, but I figure he just hates Arie Sr. and wants to bitch slap him again by bumping his son

But in actuality, this time AJ hit's like a Girl !!!

Gotta love it ....

coolhand
05-22-05, 06:25 PM
Ha Ha -- Foyt can't make two cars competetive, so he adds a third to prove he can have the slowest three cars

He might be saving Arie Jrs. life, but I figure he just hates Arie Sr. and wants to bitch slap him again by bumping his son

But in actuality, this time AJ hit's like a Girl !!!

Gotta love it ....

never thought of it that way :rofl:

anything that ahs something to do with Foyt is hillarious.

he reminds me of Cartman every time

dando
05-22-05, 06:38 PM
The suspense is killing me...it's almost like '94 when Rahole leased Liver Spots' car for a last-minute dash for #33.... :gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
05-22-05, 06:43 PM
Arie, Jr. bumped.

:rofl:

And its a new gomer wetdream!

DaveL
05-22-05, 06:50 PM
Arie, Jr. bumped.

He wasn't bumped, he was euthanized.

theunions
05-22-05, 06:52 PM
I loved the sincerity in AJ's cracking voice as he talked about his role in bumping Arie and how sorry he felt... :rofl:

Brickman
05-22-05, 06:56 PM
Arie, Jr. bumped.

:rofl:

Even AJ didn't know what was going on earlier in the broadcast.

They either wanted a bump, or were regretting Arie Jr. out there running... so Barhardt gets Foytota to bump out Arie Jr. Two birds with one stone.

Paintergeek
05-22-05, 06:58 PM
....and the stands are PACKED for this final Arie Jr run for the field.......PACKED with.....Aluminum.

Oh, and did anyone else hear anything about where Giafonna was this morning? I was just wondering becuase I heard about SIX HUNDRED TIMES> HOLY SHIZZLE M NIZZLE!!!! They said it every 10 seconds. Thanks god I only turned it on while checking the champ car results online. If I had it on any sooner, Id have vomitted by now..............

And I just saw that A jr has Fatwallet.com as a sponsor. Havent been there yet, but it is a funny name to sponsor a car, and especially when they are probably giving them pennies...........

coolhand
05-22-05, 07:01 PM
I loved the sincerity in AJ's cracking voice as he talked about his role in bumping Arie and how sorry he felt... :rofl:
that interview was hillarious :rofl:

pchall
05-22-05, 07:08 PM
N/A Arie Luyendyk Jr (98) D/C/F 43.7246 / 205.834 42.4568 / 211.980 41.9673 / 214.453 41.9225 / 214.682 41.8402 / 215.104 41.6813 / 215.924 2:47.4113 215.039 Bumped

And at the gun he goes back out!

N/A Arie Luyendyk Jr (98) D/C/F 43.1102 / 208.767 42.0646 / 213.957 42.0320 / 214.123 42.0594 / 213.983 42.9365 / 209.612 44.1147 / 204.014 2:51.1426 210.351 Failed Attempt

:shakehead

fourrunner
05-22-05, 07:08 PM
AJ is an Evil Man !!!

Just a Fat, disgusting, Evil Slob of a Man!! ;)

dando
05-22-05, 07:29 PM
Pathetic on so many levels, it boggles the mind. :shakehead

And what's that thing on AJ's lip? Sammich injury, or are his Copenhagen daze coming back to haunt him? Or perhaps he was biting it too much during Giaphonie's run? :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
05-22-05, 07:31 PM
things have gone downhill for Aj since he lost Copenhagen sponsorship :gomer:

cart7
05-22-05, 07:39 PM
AJ, you seemed to have a real good repoire going with Felippe before his run. How did that go?

AJ - I could barely understand anything he was saying. :rofl:

DaveL
05-22-05, 07:52 PM
They couldn't have Arie in the car and they couldn't take him out. So they gave Giaffone to AJ to get rid of him and make it look like everything was on the up and up.

dando
05-22-05, 07:52 PM
AJ, you seemed to have a real good repoire going with Felippe before his run. How did that go?

AJ - I could barely understand anything he was saying. :rofl:
Classic. :gomer:

-Kevin

fourrunner
05-22-05, 07:53 PM
AJ leaned into the Car and gave Phillipe Giaffone words of encouragement

" If you don't bump that little pretty boy Arie Jr., don't come back.... If you wreck this car, I'll kill ya..... If you think I'm gonna pay you for this race, Stand in Line !... If you tell me one more time that you were at "Babies are Us", I'll Castrate you ! .... Now just relax, and go out there & give them hell!!!!" ;)

dando
05-22-05, 07:57 PM
They couldn't have Arie in the car and they couldn't take him out. So they gave Giaffone to AJ to get rid of him and make it look like everything was on the up and up.
Yup. If it were Danicle or Sarah, there wouldn't have been a so-called bump. As you posted b4, this was a suicide prevention event.

-Kevin

DaveL
05-22-05, 08:05 PM
Yup. If it were Danicle or Sarah, there wouldn't have been a so-called bump. As you posted b4, this was a suicide prevention event.

If anyone other than Arie jr was the 33rd qualifier, Giaffone is at Arby's with his family after a day of shopping.

The fix was so transparent it takes a hard core Lemming not to see it.

JLMannin
05-22-05, 08:24 PM
....and the stands are PACKED for this final Arie Jr run for the field.......PACKED with.....Aluminum.

Oh, and did anyone else hear anything about where Giafonna was this morning? I was just wondering becuase I heard about SIX HUNDRED TIMES> HOLY SHIZZLE M NIZZLE!!!! They said it every 10 seconds. Thanks god I only turned it on while checking the champ car results online. If I had it on any sooner, Id have vomitted by now..............

Yes, and they even told us the item - a $30 playpen. They interviewed his wife - she said that they did not know what the call was about until they got to the speedway. Probably figured that if they told him that it was a ride for AJ, he might not bother coming in. Ha! Ha! I wonder how much $$ the Joyce Julius report will credit to Baby's-R-Us for all the "sponsor mentions" :laugh:

When they were interveiwing AJ, he said that "Indy has always been about the 33 fastest cars". He must not remember 1996.

Methanolandbrats
05-22-05, 08:31 PM
Indy turned into a festival of nepotism.......that sums up how bad things are. The fact that risking throwing your no-talent relatives through a chain link fence at 200mph gives you a chance of making the field is disgusting. Faucking aholes...all of em.

fourrunner
05-22-05, 08:31 PM
Wait till you hear Despain tonite bragging how " Bumping is Back" and the Incredible miracle of Giaffone, "a washed up has been" has been risen like the "Phoenix from the Ashes" by the Incredibly Brave AJ Foyt

BTW how many times did the mention "How Brave" AJ was for taking this last minute risk .... To give this Last minute Screwing of his close friend Arie Luyendyk Sr. :rofl:

Lizzerd
05-22-05, 08:33 PM
Giaffone in the field is a heckuva lot safer for the other 32 than Arie Jr.

For once, I applaud Jabba the Foyt for something he did.

coolhand
05-22-05, 08:34 PM
Yes, and they even told us the item - a $30 playpen. They interviewed his wife - she said that they did not know what the call was about until they got to the speedway. Probably figured that if they told him that it was a ride for AJ, he might not bother coming in. Ha! Ha! I wonder how much $$ the Joyce Julius report will credit to Baby's-R-Us for all the "sponsor mentions" :laugh:

When they were interveiwing AJ, he said that "Indy has always been about the 33 fastest cars". He must not remember 1996.

i am surprised they did not put it on the side of the car.

Lizzerd
05-22-05, 08:36 PM

:rofl: They certanly got some exposure on the telecast.

fourrunner
05-22-05, 10:07 PM
:rofl: They certanly got some exposure on the telecast.

Wait till they find out it's only a 0.2 rating, on a Guys Chanel & Not even the main one ! ;)

Michaelhatesfans
05-22-05, 10:34 PM
He was off shopping on bump day? Nice job, Tony. Nice.

There was a time when bump day meant that every unemployed driver in America was walking up and down pitlane with a helmet in one hand and a fitted seat in the other. Giaffone couldn't even be bothered to show up (or even watch on television for that matter), such was his level of interest. About the same as mine, actually.

There is a special place in Hell for Tony George.

JLMannin
05-22-05, 10:36 PM

:thumbup: :D Good one!!

Michaelhatesfans
05-22-05, 10:37 PM
"Hey, Phillipe - you wanna come qualify our car for us today?"

"Well.... I suppose - it's kind of late notice.... Yeah, I guess, if I can get there... Where are you guys running this weekend, anyway?"

DagoFast
05-22-05, 10:39 PM
Someone kill the suspense. Did the furrin playpen buyin driver outqualify them 'murican foyt boys?

dando
05-22-05, 10:50 PM
RM's take is up on Speed:

http://speedtv.com/commentary/17096/

If there's ever been three guys who should have fallen under the IRL witness protection program, it's this trio.

A.J. Foyt, as American as biscuits and gravy, suddenly decides to put a Brazilian in his third car to put an IRL favorite on the sideline?

Call me cynical, but something smells, and it ain't gear oil.

So there were three viable reasons for this unlikely occurrence:

Was this a "grudge bump" because of their confrontation at Texas in '97 when A.J. slapped Luyendyk outside victory lane after Billy Boat (in A.J.'s car) was given the win only to lose it the next day after the tapes proved Arie was the winner?

"Not at all, that's a stupid thing to say," replied the four-time Indy winner.

As he walked down the pits, Foyt stopped and talked to Luyendyk.

"I just wanted to say you got a lot out of your kid and I want you to know I'm sorry," said Super Tex. "But all those idiots who think there's a grudge between us, that's a bunch of bull.... and I wanted you to know that."

To which the two-time Indy winner smiled and said: "I just told them (media) that."

The most likely reason would be that Tony George asked his old pal to help save the day and throw somebody in the car so something could happen the last couple hours on national television.

"No, that's not why I did it," said Foyt. "I do what's good for A.J. Foyt and I did this because I'm a racer."

Of course this bump may have been a blessing because Luyendyk Jr. wasn't ready for the Indy 500. He didn't have any previous Indy-car experience, missed rookie orientation and clearly didn't look comfortable in his limited time on the track.

Giaffone is a previous IRL winner who definitely belongs in the field.

The scuttlebutt around Gasoline Alley late Sunday evening was that Tony paid A.J. to liven things up with Giaffone while Luyendyk and Beck will still receive last place money for their efforts.

And everybody, including the media, goes home happy.

:rofl: :shakehead :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
05-22-05, 11:09 PM
Thats a funny write up by RM

"I just wanted to say you got a lot out of your kid and I want you to know I'm sorry," said Super Tex. "But all those idiots who think there's a grudge between us, that's a bunch of bull.... and I wanted you to know that." :rofl: :rofl:

"No, that's not why I did it," said Foyt. "I do what's good for A.J. Foyt and I did this because I'm a racer." :rofl: :rofl:

i can see AJ wadling around saying that.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-23-05, 12:10 AM
If anyone other than Arie jr was the 33rd qualifier, Giaffone is at Arby's with his family after a day of shopping.

The fix was so transparent it takes a hard core Lemming not to see it.
See Depender's post at Crack Forum then.

coolhand
05-23-05, 01:05 AM
See Depender's post at Crack Forum then.
link?

Fio1
05-23-05, 01:44 AM
I never understood how people who can't win races in the junior series' think they have a right to race the Indy 500. Get rid of these hacks and put real race car drivers in the field. Arie jr should win an Infinity Pro Series race first! :rolleyes:

Lizzerd
05-23-05, 01:50 AM
I never understood how people who can't win races in the junior series' think they have a right to race the Indy 500. Get rid of these hacks and put real race car drivers in the field. Arie jr should win an Infinity Pro Series race first! :rolleyes:

So you mean guys like Brad Murphy and Racin Gardner and Dr. Jack should be excluded from the Greatest Spectacle in Hipocracy? Shame on you. :D

pchall
05-23-05, 06:15 AM

Now, now. Why should the IRL apply a standard to Arie, Jr. that they don't apply to Danica Patrick? Wouldn't that be gender discrimination? ;)

cart7
05-23-05, 10:06 AM
The IMS is already at work revising history. IRL website claims that it was Foyt who called Giaffone, yet Giaffone said in an interview that it was Brainfart who called him at the baby store on his cell. :shakehead

Spicoli
05-23-05, 10:16 AM
The IMS is already at work revising history. IRL website claims that it was Foyt who called Giaffone, yet Giaffone said in an interview that it was Brainfart who called him at the baby store on his cell. :shakehead

You got the truth there brother.

no secret that Giffoney is tight with FTG and Uncle Mari. Ask him wher his check will comefrom.

RacinM3
05-23-05, 01:37 PM
You got something against putting a jam car out there to spice up the action on race day?

I can't believe no one caught this awesome reference......someone PS Luyendyk's name on the side.....
http://www.homestead.com/slotcarcollectibles4/files/TCR_boxed_bk_Indy2.JPG

Racing Truth
05-23-05, 01:42 PM
He wasn't bumped, he was euthanized.

:rofl: :D

Line of the weekend, my friends, line of the weekend. A sham to be sure, but watching him, it probably saved someone's life. He had no business out there.

RichK
05-23-05, 01:45 PM
Uncle Mari.

I KNEW it!

cart7
05-23-05, 01:46 PM
Makes ya realize what a joke the MIPS is and just how bad Arie Jr. is. That kids been driving those cars 3 years, has run 3 races at the speedway and he still couldn't run 2 laps together that looked even close to the same. :shakehead

B3RACER1a
05-23-05, 01:48 PM
Exactly.

Racing Truth
05-23-05, 02:04 PM
Makes ya realize what a joke the MIPS is and just how bad Arie Jr. is. That kids been driving those cars 3 years, has run 3 races at the speedway and he still couldn't run 2 laps together that looked even close to the same. :shakehead

Exactly. His last "effort" :rolleyes: may have been one of the worst things I've ever seen. 4 HORRIBLE laps.