PDA

View Full Version : Robert Clarke speaks out.

cart7
05-22-05, 10:14 AM
RM is determined to keep throwing cold water on the lemmings Month of May love fest.

Linkie thing (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/17068/)

"For whatever reason, the fan base for open wheel racing is very small and there are not enough people to sustain two separate series. They must come together.

"Honda feels that the very existence of open wheel racing in this country is at risk. And if things continue as they are, both will ultimately fail."

With General Motors ending its IRL association at the end of this year and Toyota likely bailing after 2006, there's one thing Clarke doesn't want to see.

"I'm afraid we'll be the only engine manufacturer involved in this thing by 2007," said Clarke. "And that's not what Honda wants. We want competition."

Andrew Longman
05-22-05, 10:30 AM
I don't see what Honda can offer either CCWS or IRL.

The specifically said they don't want to return to CCWS and that a common formula but separate series was not a sufficient improvement.

CCWS does not need them. Honda does not want to be in the IRL by itself. TG apparently does care if he runs go karts so long as he is in charge.

I don't see this going anywhere.

KLang
05-22-05, 10:39 AM
I don't see this going anywhere.

Agree. I don't want it to go anywhere either. Wasn't it Clarke a few years ago that said Honda had NO PLANS to go earling? F him. Honda makes great products but I'd prefer they stay away from my racing series of choice.

dando
05-22-05, 10:44 AM
FTG! :flame: Die .1RL, die! :mad:

If Honder wants to compete, they'd better start working on a formula cab program.

-Kevin

dando
05-22-05, 10:53 AM
On another note, you can't make sense to an idiot. The list of those that have tried is extensive and their backgrounds impressive. Also, IIRC, I believe France was also involved in the '99 discussions. This is personal for FTG. It has nothing to do with business or common sense. FTG is about as whacked as Hitler was near the end. That's the only way to explain the visions and the repeated failures @ every left turn.

Screw it. Indy is dead. Move on.

-Kevin

pchall
05-22-05, 10:57 AM
Screw Honda.

They are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

JoeBob
05-22-05, 11:05 AM
If Honda really has no interest in ChampCar, why are they meeting with KK?

dando
05-22-05, 11:11 AM
If Honda really has no interest in ChampCar, why are they meeting with KK?
To ask him to write the check to buy out the idiot? :gomer:

-Kevin

theunions
05-22-05, 11:38 AM
Wasn't it Clarke a few years ago that said Honda had NO PLANS to go earling? F him.

I learned years before Spacergate that you can't trust a single syllable that spews out of Clarke's mouth.

SurfaceUnits
05-22-05, 12:03 PM
Why would anyone on this side even give a rat's ass what fonda thinks.

nrc
05-22-05, 02:43 PM
This is obviously entirely fabricated by Robin Miller. :gomer:

DagoFast
05-22-05, 02:48 PM
Fonda is a plague. Stick with toeknee. You deserve each other.

Stay away from ChampCar.

coolhand
05-22-05, 03:31 PM
There is litterally no good news comming out of indy. The Base of that series is complaining about everything.

Honda is not happy.
All the toyota teams are not happy.
Toyota is gone.
No engine specs/future.
cannot fill the field
And A.J. Foyt is crying and about ready to pack up and leave.

that house of cards is aobut to crumble and I will sit and watch :rofl:

sundaydriver2
05-22-05, 03:32 PM
I learned years before Spacergate that you can't trust a single syllable that spews out of Clarke's mouth.

Yep.

Clark = LIAR

SurfaceUnits
05-22-05, 03:52 PM
Clarke is probably trying to convince Kosworth to continue supplying those gawdalful beefarter engines.

DagoFast
05-22-05, 04:31 PM
Clarke is probably trying to convince Kosworth to continue supplying those gawdalful beefarter engines.

No problemo. 6 million per car. Rebuilds extra. No promo money to the .05rl. And we don't need no stinkin badges. Gonna call em "beefarters".