PDA

View Full Version : Will there be any bumping at the Brickyard tomorrow?

Fio1
05-21-05, 03:52 PM
30 are qualified so far and AJ IV, Arie jr & Jimmy Kite are left correct, or is there someone else trying to qualify for the {sigh} greatest specticle in racing {chuckle}?

Remember how much fun bubble day was? :rolleyes:

dando
05-21-05, 04:00 PM
Fill day. No bumping permitted per FTG's orders. Go do something useful tomorrow rather than watch the spectacle.

-Kevin

Steve99
05-21-05, 04:27 PM
Was today's quals even broadcast? All I get on ABC today is infomercials.

extramundane
05-21-05, 05:16 PM
Jeff Bucknum said on ALMS radio this morning that there weren't more than 33 car/driver combos.

RTKar
05-21-05, 05:22 PM
the wall maybe...

oddlycalm
05-21-05, 06:25 PM
Jeff Bucknum said on ALMS radio this morning that there weren't more than 33 car/driver combos. Super, ABC will no doubt be thrilled to have a couple hours of dead air puctuated with random idiot yammerings. :laugh:

oc

cart7
05-21-05, 06:55 PM
Nope, in fact, if Arie Jr. can't keep it off the wall for 4 laps there may not be 33 cars. Everything I've heard is there are no cars behind his, period.

Tony sure fixed this up real good. :gomer:

fourrunner
05-21-05, 07:16 PM
But you guys just don't understand ...

They had Bumping last week ... You could tell, the place was filled

BTW... it looks like today they sold out row 13 section A

dando
05-21-05, 07:20 PM
Nope, in fact, if Arie Jr. can't keep it off the wall for 4 laps there may not be 33 cars. Everything I've heard is there are no cars behind his, period.

Tony sure fixed this up real good. :gomer:
Yeah, but Tony Stewart should be available for a cameo tomorrow to spice things up, or maybe Rubby will give up the chase...hasn't he been mathematically eliminated already? :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-21-05, 07:21 PM

I'm sure those were freebies. Everytime I see or hear the ads for Indy, I just break out a big ol' :D.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-21-05, 07:46 PM
Great stuff. Bump day with no bumping, carburetion day for whatever the hell they have done since there was last a carburetor seen in this event more than 50yrs ago....

Why not have a different non-event every day in May. Butt scratch day, pet day, stupid haircut day, skank girlfriend day... It's a three day event just like every other race thanks to The Vision and modern race cars. Everything else is just transparent nonsense and an embarrassment to anyone with a brain.

oc

Winston Wolfe
05-22-05, 01:14 AM
But you guys just don't understand ...

They had Bumping last week ... You could tell, the place was filled

Dood, there was FRIGGIN NO BODY there today,,,,, just that aluminum colored fan section where everyone wore aluminum colored shirts to hide from the cameras..... WTF

I was flipping around the dial and just happen to stumble on the Jimmy Kite story..... and boy that kept me on the edge of my seat :shakehead

Rob
05-22-05, 02:19 AM
From speedtv.com:

Luyendyk, who completed his rookie orientation earlier in the day, is expected to try again Sunday, the final day of qualifying. Weather could create problems with that plan, as forecasts call for scattered thunderstorms and a 40 percent chance of rain throughout the day. If the field comes up short and the final day is rained out, Indy 500 rules allow for any entered cars that haven’t qualified to have one shot on Monday.

Is there still a minimum speed that must be met? Or can he just motor serenely for 10 or 15 minutes until his four laps are safely completed?

chop456
05-22-05, 05:55 AM
From speedtv.com:

Is there still a minimum speed that must be met? Or can he just motor serenely for 10 or 15 minutes until his four laps are safely completed?

I believe there's a 497.5% rule.

Andrew Longman
05-22-05, 10:14 AM
Was today's quals even broadcast? All I get on ABC today is infomercials.

Oh yes, when I tuned in they were interviewing Hornish's wife. The interview went on for five minutes (and I did not see it from the start) regarding what movies they had seen recently and whether or not Sam was better than her at racing slot cars.

Compelling stuff, I had to shut it off because I knew I'd just get sucked in and not get anything done around the house all afternoon

Paintergeek
05-22-05, 10:20 AM
From speedtv.com:

As I was nodding off last night, I heard the newsperson say........

"One spot left to fill for the blah blah 500, and that car doesnt have to go fast....it just has to have four clean laps".

dando
05-22-05, 10:28 AM
Just go check the rule book....oh wait, there isn't one. FTG just makes it up as he goes. :flame:

-Kevin

pchall
05-22-05, 10:59 AM
Just go check the rule book....oh wait, there isn't one. FTG just makes it up as he goes. :flame:

-Kevin

I can see Tony George letting one of the Foyt boys be a sacrificial bump for the honor and reputation of the Sacred Bricks if somebod¥ makes it worthwhile to him...

dando
05-22-05, 11:07 AM
I can see Tony George letting one of the Foyt boys be a sacrificial bump for the honor and reputation of the Sacred Bricks if somebod¥ makes it worthwhile to him...
Honor? Reputation? Tradition? Just words, and 33 is just a number... :gomer: