PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying changes yet again

oddlycalm
05-20-05, 07:55 PM
No big surprise the unpopular Sunday quals are being eliminated. Single Saturday session with race fuel until another brainfart discharges from Mosley.

oc

RichK
05-20-05, 07:58 PM
:laugh:

The current one is the worst possible, so it can only get better (famous last words). The fact that we only got to watch Q1 in the USA was awful!

cameraman
05-20-05, 08:24 PM
:laugh:

The current one is the worst possible, so it can only get better (famous last words). The fact that we only got to watch Q1 in the USA was awful!
Speed has shown all Q2s this season.

TurboTodd
05-20-05, 11:56 PM

Yep, and I only usually watched Q2..

and I am upset that they couldn't wait until after the USGP to enact this..

cameraman
05-21-05, 12:06 AM
Yep, and I only usually watched Q2..

and I am upset that they couldn't wait until after the USGP to enact this..

The Q1 shows seem to have more tales of the circus plus they are running faster. If it rains in the middle of a single qualifying session the grid will be equally screwed up. This does not change anything.

ilferrari
05-21-05, 02:06 AM
Max Mosley is not only a meddler, he's an indecisive meddler. Only a few hundred million people care about this sport, do whatever you feel like man.

Ankf00
05-21-05, 04:53 AM
point being, qualifying actually means something again, and the race order means something again.

****ing fantastic. :cool:

but whatever....

time for Kumar to crash... peace Roldy.

RTKar
05-21-05, 08:37 AM
No big surprise the unpopular Sunday quals are being eliminated. Single Saturday session with race fuel until another brainfart discharges from Mosley.

oc

Good, I loath Sunday quals. I can't imagine the work the teams had to do come race day. Also, it makes looking for a couple good seats at the USGP race morning a lot tougher.

Mr. Toad
05-21-05, 09:39 AM
until another brainfart discharges from Mosley.

oc

My suggestions

Numbers in a hat
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Deck of cards

RichK
05-24-05, 07:04 PM

Just found this thread again. My TiVo skills must be lacking....I haven't seen a single Q2 session this year!

Hm, maybe the second qualifying session has the same DirecTV title as the first session, so TiVo thinks it's a repeat?

indyfan31
05-24-05, 07:37 PM
Just found this thread again. My TiVo skills must be lacking....I haven't seen a single Q2 session this year!

Hm, maybe the second qualifying session has the same DirecTV title as the first session, so TiVo thinks it's a repeat?

Yup, I believe you've hit it. I set my Tivo to EVERYTHING and then just toss the duplicates.

RichK
05-24-05, 07:54 PM
Yup, I believe you've hit it. I set my Tivo to EVERYTHING and then just toss the duplicates.

Thanks, that must be it. I thought it was VERY strange that we weren't getting Q2 sessions, but I could SWEAR that I read an article stating that the US wasn't getting Q2 sessions....so I just accepted it. Ah, here's what I misinterpreted:

from Speed:

the Sunday qualy faces broadcasting difficulties for several markets - prompting fans on such countries to turn on their TVs on race day without knowing the grid formation yet.