PDA

View Full Version : Sports Car Weekend!

FCYTravis
05-20-05, 03:32 PM
What a weekend for road-racing fans!

Zytek is QUICKEST in first practice at Mid-Ohio! :thumbup:

Porsches pushed back the BMW onslaught and Guy Smith put the JMR/Orbit DP third-quick at Mont-Tremblant qualifying.

Champ Car plus ALMS plus Grand Am = Bump Day? What Bump Day?

:waves: to all the OCers at the track.

Sean O'Gorman
05-20-05, 08:23 PM
Mazda rotary= :thumbup:
Zytek= :thumbup: :thumbup:

Definitely the two coolest cars out there. I didn't think the Maserati was anything special, it's too quiet.

Here is a question: Why would Rahal be there today? :saywhat:

cart7
05-20-05, 08:44 PM
Waay too much RR this weekend and to think my wife is expecting the back deck completely torn down by Sunday. :rofl:

extramundane
05-20-05, 08:48 PM
Zytek= :thumbup: :thumbup:

It may be back for Petit & Laguna too. It's definitely fast; let's just hope the Zytek engine does better for them than it did on its last US visit.

Here is a question: Why would Rahal be there today? :saywhat:

Haven't you heard the rumors for the last 2 years? Rahal's apparently going to field 1 [or 2] [Ferrari 550/Ferrari 575/Maserati MC12/Aston-Martin DBR-9/All of the above] for the entire [2004/2005/2006/all of the above] season. :rolleyes:

BobN
05-20-05, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=extramundane]It may be back for Petit & Laguna too. It's definitely fast; let's just hope the Zytek engine does better for them than it did on its last US visit.

QUOTE]

Actually this (the car at Mid-Ohio) is the Factory Zytek. Creation Autosportif the team at PLM and Laguna last year will also likely run at PLM and Laguna in their Judd (new this year) DBA (nee-Zytek). They (Creation) are a great bunch. The whole team, including Minassian and JC-W came up to our campsite at Laguna for beer and horseshoes immediately after putting their car on pole.

extramundane
05-20-05, 08:56 PM
It may be back for Petit & Laguna too. It's definitely fast; let's just hope the Zytek engine does better for them than it did on its last US visit.

Actually this is the Factory Zytek. Creation Autosportif, the team at PLM and Laguna last year will also likely run at PLM and Laguna in their Judd (new this year) DBA (nee-Zytek).

I'm aware of that- my phrasing was a bit awkward. What I meant was that I hope the Zytek *engine* (which Creation ran last year) does better this time than it did the last time it raced on US soil (Creation cooked it early). Also, Zytek's Mike Earle said at M-O he'd like to come back for Petit & Laguna this year.

BobN
05-20-05, 08:59 PM
I'm aware of that- my phrasing was a bit awkward. What I meant was that I hope the Zytek *engine* (which Creation ran last year) does better this time than it did the last time it raced on US soil (Creation cooked it early). Also, Zytek's Mike Earle said at M-O he'd like to come back for Petit & Laguna this year.

Gotcha. I misunderstood.

Sean O'Gorman
05-20-05, 09:01 PM
Who are the drivers of the Zytek anyway, I've never heard of either of them.

It is pretty funny looking at their garage spaces, they have 2 or 3 bays, the last one filled with nothing but boxes and spare bodywork piled all the way up to the viewing area. :laugh:

BobN
05-20-05, 09:04 PM

It is pretty funny looking at their garage spaces, they have 2 or 3 bays, the last one filled with nothing but boxes and spare bodywork piled all the way up to the viewing area. :laugh:

Shimoda run some with John Nielsen in the DBA last year. I'm not too sure of Tom Chilton's background.

edit: Chilton comes from BTCC

extramundane
05-20-05, 09:07 PM

Hayanari Shimoda and Tom Chilton. Shimoda co-drove the car when they won at Spa. He ran F-Renault in Europe and I believe was originally linked to Super Nova's GP2 program. Chilton has been running BTCC the last few years- this is his first real shot at sportscars.

FCYTravis
05-21-05, 01:14 AM
Rahal is there because his kid (Graham) is running Star Mazda.

Steve99
05-21-05, 02:32 PM
Waay too much RR this weekend and to think my wife is expecting the back deck completely torn down by Sunday. :rofl:
Get some gasoline and matches and you'll be done in no time.

Opposite Lock
05-21-05, 05:06 PM
Damn, that Mont-Tremblant is one pretty course.

FCYTravis
05-21-05, 05:11 PM
Isn't it though? Fuggin' PARK track. Amazing place... :thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
05-22-05, 05:07 PM
Haven't you heard the rumors for the last 2 years? Rahal's apparently going to field 1 [or 2] [Ferrari 550/Ferrari 575/Maserati MC12/Aston-Martin DBR-9/All of the above] for the entire [2004/2005/2006/all of the above] season. :rolleyes:

You forgot about the Audi R8 customer car.

But if none of this works out (along with being short engines and money for further IRL running), he's going to buy into an F1 team... with Niki Lauda.

I have nothing but love for Bubby. Maybe when he and Debbie renew their vows, I can get invited to the service.

rjohnson999
05-23-05, 10:45 PM
As was Michael Andretti for son Marco.

Rahal is there because his kid (Graham) is running Star Mazda.