PDA

View Full Version : Monaco Practice is on tonight!/tomorrowAM

JohnHKart
05-18-05, 06:42 PM
Thursday 5AM/8AMEST Speed.......(still night for me)

John

RTKar
05-18-05, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

ilferrari
05-19-05, 11:45 AM
http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2005/monaco/diapo_141.jpghttp://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2005/monaco/diapo_146.jpg

Last time I was there there was dogshit on some pavements, like in Nice

Wheel-Nut
05-19-05, 12:11 PM
Last time I was there there was dogshit on some pavements, like in Nice

??? WTF, Walk around it!

Methanolandbrats
05-19-05, 12:12 PM
[IMG]

Last time I was there there was dogshit on some pavements, like in Nice That's a French thing.

Dr. Corkski
05-19-05, 05:31 PM
Last time I was there there was dogshit on some pavements, like in NiceWell, JV lives there, and he's been known to lay a turd on race tracks as of late. :gomer:

I bet Kalkhoven is loving the Red Bull Star Wars car. :rofl:

Fio1
05-19-05, 06:21 PM
I hate Speed, I noticed that practice will be shown at 3pm pct time ( iknew it was too good to be true) and they are taking their sweet time reshowing the lame Nascab race from last week including every driver interview after the race. What a waste of f***ing time. Use the technology that is available and edit the darn thing. :rolleyes:

Nascar sucks and SpeedTV sucks!!!!!!!!! Real race fans want to see real racing not a bunch of no talent w*nkers driving taxi cabs around a useless race track in s****sville Virginia. :thumdown:

coolhand
05-19-05, 06:50 PM
Real race fans want to see real racing not a bunch of no talent w*nkers driving taxi cabs around a useless race track in s****sville Virginia. :thumdown:

people do, alot of people do

cameraman
05-19-05, 07:13 PM
I hate Speed, I noticed that practice will be shown at 3pm pct time ( iknew it was too good to be true) and they are taking their sweet time reshowing the lame Nascab race from last week including every driver interview after the race. What a waste of f***ing time. Use the technology that is available and edit the darn thing. :rolleyes:

Nascar sucks and SpeedTV sucks!!!!!!!!! Real race fans want to see real racing not a bunch of no talent w*nkers driving taxi cabs around a useless race track in s****sville Virginia. :thumdown:

Real fans watched it live this morning.
They are running it one more time tomorrow.

Whiner.

Lizzerd
05-19-05, 07:58 PM

Whiner.

And real cab fans watched their race on Sunday. Yet, Speed seems to think it a good idea to still replay the races 14 times throughout the week.

I agree wth Fio1.

Nascar sucks and SpeedTV sucks!!!!!!!!!

nissan gtp
05-19-05, 07:58 PM

Whiner.

Tivo. Watch when ya want :D

extramundane
05-19-05, 11:41 PM

That's S****mond to you, pal.

;)

racer2c
05-19-05, 11:47 PM
Neat thread! Brilliant posts! I like F1. Monaco is royally good.

RTKar
05-20-05, 07:00 AM
Made a wild pick for this one in the Yahoo F1 fantasy...Schumi to win. :eek: With only 11 practice laps it's looking like that wasn't a good idea. I had to laugh about the comment coming from Ferrari, that they have 4 problems...one on each corner. :laugh:

Cam
05-20-05, 07:03 AM
Made a wild pick for this one in the Yahoo F1 fantasy...Schumi to win. :eek: With only 11 practice laps it's looking like that wasn't a good idea. I had to laugh about the comment coming from Ferrari, that they have 4 problems...one on each corner. :laugh:

CRAP!!!! That reminds me! I forgot to change my fantasy team...... Oh well.... It kicked arse last race... Hope it does at this one.... :D

pfc_m_drake
05-20-05, 07:51 AM
I agree wth Fio1.

I also agree.

Nascar sucks and SpeedTV sucks!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I found it ironic that so many people told me at the beginning of the year that it was so very crucial that CC be on Speed. Speedvision used to be great...SpeedTV leaves a lot to be desired.

RTKar
05-20-05, 08:25 AM
SPEED needs to do what ESPN did and develop a SPEED2 for real motorsports aficionados and allow SPEED to be the NASCAR channel that it's already become.

racer2c
05-20-05, 10:05 AM
I also agree.

Which is why I found it ironic that so many people told me at the beginning of the year that it was so very crucial that CC be on Speed. Speedvision used to be great...SpeedTV leaves a lot to be desired.

Compared to Spike...

Fio1
05-20-05, 10:18 AM
SPEED needs to do what ESPN did and develop a SPEED2 for real motorsports aficionados and allow SPEED to be the NASCAR channel that it's already become.

Na, I think we just need to get Eurosport over here. GP2, Fia GT, LMES, and Champcars......Oh ya, they show Nascab aswell, just 1 hour per race! Which is about enough. :laugh:

pfc_m_drake
05-20-05, 11:35 AM
Compared to Spike...
This is the part that people, to this very day, still don't understand.

Because Beetlejuice (or whatever they were called) were responsible for production of the TV broadcast, the 2004 TV 'adventure' would have been exactly the same whether it was on Spike or Speed.

Put it to you this way - imagine that for 2004 your TV was tuned to the Speed channel number instead of the channel number for Spike. Now play back the exact same broadcasts that you saw on Spike for 2004 (the absolute ONLY difference being the channel number displayed on your TV - again, because Beetlejuice actually produced the broadcast, it was only AIRED by Spike).

I think the mistake people make is that they believe if CC were to have been on Speed for 2004 that they would have gotten the same types of broadcasts as they did in 2003. Clearly this is incorrect, but that's why people are adament that CC HAS to be on Speed, no matter what the consequences, no matter what the ramifications, no matter what the circumstances.

racer2c
05-20-05, 12:04 PM
This is the part that people, to this very day, still don't understand.

Because Beetlejuice (or whatever they were called) were responsible for production of the TV broadcast, the 2004 TV 'adventure' would have been exactly the same whether it was on Spike or Speed.

Put it to you this way - imagine that for 2004 your TV was tuned to the Speed channel number instead of the channel number for Spike. Now play back the exact same broadcasts that you saw on Spike for 2004 (the absolute ONLY difference being the channel number displayed on your TV - again, because Beetlejuice actually produced the broadcast, it was only AIRED by Spike).

I think the mistake people make is that they believe if CC were to have been on Speed for 2004 that they would have gotten the same types of broadcasts as they did in 2003. Clearly this is incorrect, but that's why people are adament that CC HAS to be on Speed, no matter what the consequences, no matter what the ramifications, no matter what the circumstances.

Actually it was more about eyes.

cameraman
05-20-05, 12:50 PM
Speed sucks??? Chew on this ya spoiled brats.

Which is better, Speed F1 coverage or CBS F1 coverage?
Who shows F1 practice numerous times?
Who shows F1 qualifying numerous times?
Who shows F1 races with the extended interviews many times?
Who will show CCWS qualifying?
Who will show most of the CCWS races?
Who shows the WRC recap shows?
Who will show the 24 hrs of LeMans?
Who is showing most of the ALMS season?
Who shows F1 decade?

Who pays for it all?

The NASCAB gomerpalozza...
Speed wouldn't exist if the "nascar nation" was not paying the bills.

So unless you want to go back to the days when 100% of your races came from the ABC Wild World of Sports you might want to quit whining.

RichK
05-20-05, 12:59 PM
Speed sucks??? Chew on this ya spoiled brats.

Which is better, Speed F1 coverage or CBS F1 coverage?
Who shows F1 practice numerous times?
Who shows F1 qualifying numerous times?
Who shows F1 races with the extended interviews many times?
Who will show CCWS qualifying?
Who will show most of the CCWS races?
Who shows the WRC recap shows?
Who will show the 24 hrs of LeMans?
Who is showing most of the ALMS season?
Who shows F1 decade?

Who pays for it all?

The NASCAB gomerpalozza...
Speed wouldn't exist if the "nascar nation" was not paying the bills.

So unless you want to go back to the days when 100% of your races came from the ABC Wild World of Sports you might want to quit whining.

Hey Champ, Speedvision existed before the 'NECK invasion, and it was good.

cameraman
05-20-05, 02:03 PM
And it lost a ton of money in the process.

It is amazing how people know how things should be run when somebody else's money is on the line...

pfc_m_drake
05-20-05, 02:18 PM
Actually it was more about eyes.
And Spike is available to more eyes than Speed is. Which begs the question - given the exact same broadcast production, why would you (by choice) air it on a network with fewer potential viewers (most everything else being equal).

This is not intended to be a plug for Spike - I'm just not (nor have I ever been) of the belief that Speed gives you something so very special that it needs to be a crucial part of your marketing future.

Truthfully, I kind of liked the rumor that was floating earlier this year about the possibility of being on USA Network, but alas, that never came to be.

RichK
05-20-05, 02:22 PM
And it lost a ton of money in the process.

It is amazing how people know how things should be run when somebody else's money is on the line...

I know, it's amazing that a customer would demand what they want! Friggin' customers!

Unfortunately, most of SPEED's customers seem to want this:

8:00 am NASCAR Edition Speed News
8:30 am Speed News
9:00 am NASCAR Victory Lane
10:00 am NASCAR Edition Speed News
10:30 am Speed News
11:00 am Paid Programming
11:30 am Paid Programming
12:00 pm NASCAR Edition Speed News
12:30 pm NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
3:00 pm Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain
5:00 pm Monster Jam
6:00 pm NASCAR Victory Lane
7:00 pm NASCAR Nation
8:00 pm Inside Nextel Cup
9:30 pm NBS 24/7
10:00 pm NASCAR Nation
11:00 pm Inside Nextel Cup
12:30 am NBS 24/7
1:00 am NASCAR Nation
2:00 am Inside Nextel Cup
3:30 am NBS 24/7

What a mess.

coolhand
05-20-05, 02:41 PM
i bet they even get sick of NBS 24/7 and all the replay shows.

they might as well call it NASCAR TV with some openwheel and sportscars on the side.

cameraman
05-20-05, 02:52 PM
I know, it's amazing that a customer would demand what they want! Friggin' customers!

Unfortunately, most of SPEED's customers seem to want NASCABTV

So your problem is with the US public. It is good ole Americans who demand constant NASCAB ********.

Speed shows every second of the F1 races (usually three times) despite being forced to cater to the NASCAB Nation. Why can't you just be happy that you get to see the races that you never saw prior to Speed?

You are complaining about this?

Saturday
7 am Monaco qualifying session 1 live
11 am Rolex Sports Car Series, Mont Tremblant (6.5 hours of it)
8 pm Inside Grand Prix
8:30 PM Monterrey qualifying

Sunday
1:30 am Inside Grand Prix again
2:00 am Monaco Qualifying Session 1 again
3:30 am WRC Cyprus Rally again
6:30 am Monaco Qualifying 2 live
7:30 am Monaco GP live
11:30 am Monaco GP again
11:00 pm Monterrey GP

RichK
05-20-05, 07:09 PM
So your problem is with the US public. It is good ole Americans who demand constant NASCAB ********.

Yep!

You are complaining about this?

Nope!

racer2c
05-20-05, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=pfc_m_drake]And Spike is available to more eyes than Speed is. QUOTE]

Since when? Dig up the facts jack.

cameraman
05-20-05, 07:43 PM
And Spike is available to more eyes than Speed is.

Since when? Dig up the facts jack.

He is right. Spike is basic cable on most systems, Speed is only in premium cable packages if it is available at all.

racer2c
05-20-05, 07:47 PM
He is right. Spike is basic cable on most systems, Speed is only in premium cable packages if it is available at all.

I don't know that's why I'm asking. What I remember when Champ Car first went to Spike was that many posted the numbers showing that Speed reached more eyes. I see you don't have the numbers either.

For what it's worth, my basic cable comes with Speed and not Spike.

racer2c
05-20-05, 08:09 PM
All I could find is that as of 1/12/2004 Speed had 63 million viewers. http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/9349/

Spike as of April 26 2005 had 88 million homes .http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050426/nytu205.html?.v=4

Obviously not a fair comparo considering the Speed #'s are over a year old.

Point is, post the #'s when talking about the #'s please.

cameraman
05-20-05, 08:19 PM
For what it's worth, my basic cable comes with Speed and not Spike.

Consider yourself blessed.

On DishNetwork
Spike is on the 60, 120 and 180 channel packages.
Speed is on the 120 and 180 channel packages.

On DirectTV
Both are on all packages.

Comcast in Utah
Spike all packages.
Speed not available on any package.